Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ 21:53 - Jul 16 with 1198 viewsParky

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-pubs-in-england-to-scrap-masks-from-monday-a

Thoughts?

Edit - Just seen a few local pubs in Ipswich have done the same with making staff wear masks and allowing others to make their own judgements. See the Arcade Tavern have said they’re going to continue table service and no sitting at the bar.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 21:56]
‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 21:56 - Jul 16 with 1155 viewswkj

Not nearly as interesting as this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57855683

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 21:58 - Jul 16 with 1156 viewsJ2BLUE

They've lost a ton of income the government are now saying they can. They're in an impossible position. They probably know it's not right but what can they do? Right now it's looking odds on for a lockdown in autumn. These businesses need to survive.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 21:59 - Jul 16 with 1131 viewsParky

‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 21:56 - Jul 16 by wkj

Not nearly as interesting as this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57855683

On that note, this made me laugh earlier.

‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 22:02 - Jul 16 with 1089 viewsElderGrizzly

‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 21:58 - Jul 16 by J2BLUE

They've lost a ton of income the government are now saying they can. They're in an impossible position. They probably know it's not right but what can they do? Right now it's looking odds on for a lockdown in autumn. These businesses need to survive.

Wetherspoons were always going to be more lax than others, but around here the majority are keeping masks and table service.
‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 22:07 - Jul 16 with 1044 viewsParky

‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 22:02 - Jul 16 by ElderGrizzly

Wetherspoons were always going to be more lax than others, but around here the majority are keeping masks and table service.

To be fair, I quite like table service as I’m a lazy bastard, always liked that element when going abroad.

Was in London the other week and went for a pint at Broadleaf before catching the train, glorious sunshine and the pub had big tables outside where people normally stand up and have a pint at. Didn’t really make sense to me that I wasn’t allowed to stand and have a pint outside, but was allowed to inside.
‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 22:08 - Jul 16 with 1029 viewsfactual_blue

'Spoons.

A poor imitation pub, with with unpleasant carpets.

The perfect metaphor for boris' Britain.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 09:38 - Jul 17 with 768 viewsEly_Blue

I had a couple of hours to kill yesterday afternoon after a work meeting with my boss so we grabbed a couple of pints in the Newcastle Tap across from the station (a good place to drink, eat pizza and people watch if you’re ever up that way).

Anyway I digress, we got talking to the girl who was looking after our table and she was saying all of the staff much preferred to do table service than to be stood at the bar with it being 4 deep of people standing.

Personally I’d rather pay 10% more for my pint and have table service than have to jostle at the bar too

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 10:25 - Jul 17 with 711 viewsStokieBlue

‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 21:58 - Jul 16 by J2BLUE

A number of other pub chains have said they are keeping social distancing and masks and this is where the trouble is going to arise. Because of the government mixed messaging you're going to have drunk people going from one place without the requirements to one with the requirements and I think in many cases that's not going to go well at all.

Clearly some pubs think they can survive with the current regulations otherwise they wouldn't be doing the above.

I also expect there will be some heavy pushback from staff if pubs are rammed and 4 deep at the bar whilst people can't move around at all. Pubs can't open at all if the staff aren't willing to be there.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 10:27 - Jul 17 with 705 viewsbracknell_blue

A few pubs in Bury doing the same. One Bull and Beerhouse will ask you to mask up, ordering at the bar OK but no standing and all bar stools removed (makes things much better anyway IMHO). But, as ever, in Johnson's England, no consistency, no clarity, and as a result, no hope.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 10:57 - Jul 17 with 650 viewsPinewoodblue

‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 10:27 - Jul 17 by bracknell_blue

A few pubs in Bury doing the same. One Bull and Beerhouse will ask you to mask up, ordering at the bar OK but no standing and all bar stools removed (makes things much better anyway IMHO). But, as ever, in Johnson's England, no consistency, no clarity, and as a result, no hope.

GK have followed government line and abdicated on responsibility. Up to staff, and customers, if they wear a mask. You can still login but it is up to you.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 10:58 - Jul 17 with 647 viewsStokieBlue

‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 10:25 - Jul 17 by StokieBlue

A number of other pub chains have said they are keeping social distancing and masks and this is where the trouble is going to arise. Because of the government mixed messaging you're going to have drunk people going from one place without the requirements to one with the requirements and I think in many cases that's not going to go well at all.

Clearly some pubs think they can survive with the current regulations otherwise they wouldn't be doing the above.

I also expect there will be some heavy pushback from staff if pubs are rammed and 4 deep at the bar whilst people can't move around at all. Pubs can't open at all if the staff aren't willing to be there.

SB

Just got the Uber email saying no mask, no ride.

Going to be some disappointed people who think masks are a thing of the past come Monday.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 10:59 - Jul 17 with 644 viewsbrogansnose

SB

The staff at my local - I don't go inside and I'm more than happy to sit in the beer garden - want masks to stay to limit the chances of catching it and spreading it to family and also if the get notified by T&T that they don't lose wages. Son of Brogan works in a bar in North London and he's set to miss all his shifts, and of course pay, because he's got to quarantine more than likely on the back of the Euro matches. It's all very well this ' won't wear a mask ' thing but it will cost not only employers but also employees so that people can have their 'freedom.'
‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 11:02 - Jul 17 with 635 viewsEwan_Oozami

‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 10:58 - Jul 17 by StokieBlue

Just got the Uber email saying no mask, no ride.

Going to be some disappointed people who think masks are a thing of the past come Monday.

SB

Bit like Brexit then....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 11:04 - Jul 17 with 625 viewsdickie

SB

Pubs also can't open at all if too many staff members are off sick with Covid
‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 11:33 - Jul 17 with 594 viewsNthsuffolkblue

‘Pubs in England to scrap masks from Monday’ on 10:59 - Jul 17 by brogansnose

The staff at my local - I don't go inside and I'm more than happy to sit in the beer garden - want masks to stay to limit the chances of catching it and spreading it to family and also if the get notified by T&T that they don't lose wages. Son of Brogan works in a bar in North London and he's set to miss all his shifts, and of course pay, because he's got to quarantine more than likely on the back of the Euro matches. It's all very well this ' won't wear a mask ' thing but it will cost not only employers but also employees so that people can have their 'freedom.'

Can't put a price on it, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024