Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portman Road masks 10:31 - Jul 17 with 8964 viewsbluelagos

Hopefully we can keep this civil...

What you think the club should do?

Allow people the choice?
Insist on masks in the stadium?
Insist except when sat down?
Provide mask sections where they are compulsory?
Provide non mask areas?

No easy answers but maybe people can give their views so the club understands what people would like...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Portman Road masks on 10:40 - Jul 17 with 3671 viewspointofblue

Whatever the science says is the best way to prevent spread; if that’s mask wearing at all times within the stadium itself then so be it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Portman Road masks on 10:42 - Jul 17 with 3646 viewsbilllm

In the concourse/toilets etc, deffinatly, watching the game personal choice,
Portman Road masks on 10:43 - Jul 17 with 3652 viewstrncbluearmy

Have no intention of wearing a mask in any area unless compulsory

however I appreciate this is a confidence/health issue , a journey back to normality, everybody will have their own time frame

Every ground not just FPR should have areas that can be social distanced, monitored, allowing people able to return to their normal seats when happy to do so

Sir Alf upper 3 and Cobbold A would be perfect
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 10:44]
Portman Road masks on 10:46 - Jul 17 with 3618 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Probably more suited to do as a poll.

I think it should be compulsory.

Judging by the reactions on here and the amount of time from "freedom day" until then it is probably an academic argument as we are likely to be back in a proper lockdown by then with no attendance whatsoever.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Portman Road masks on 10:48 - Jul 17 with 3608 viewsPinewoodblue

Portman Road masks on 10:43 - Jul 17 by trncbluearmy

Have no intention of wearing a mask in any area unless compulsory

however I appreciate this is a confidence/health issue , a journey back to normality, everybody will have their own time frame

Every ground not just FPR should have areas that can be social distanced, monitored, allowing people able to return to their normal seats when happy to do so

Sir Alf upper 3 and Cobbold A would be perfect
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 10:44]

And therein lies the problem. You wear a mask to protect others

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Portman Road masks on 10:54 - Jul 17 with 3591 viewsnoggin

A it stands, I would be starting the season without fans in the stadium. The Euros proved that we can't be trusted to act sensibly.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Portman Road masks on 10:55 - Jul 17 with 3582 viewsWD19

Yes.
Portman Road masks on 10:57 - Jul 17 with 3580 viewsTractorWood

Portman Road masks on 10:54 - Jul 17 by noggin

A it stands, I would be starting the season without fans in the stadium. The Euros proved that we can't be trusted to act sensibly.

100% agree and I am currently in bed with the Wembley variant.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Portman Road masks on 10:57 - Jul 17 with 3576 viewsStewart27

Portman Road masks on 10:46 - Jul 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Probably more suited to do as a poll.

I think it should be compulsory.

Judging by the reactions on here and the amount of time from "freedom day" until then it is probably an academic argument as we are likely to be back in a proper lockdown by then with no attendance whatsoever.

Why?

Covid is here forever.

We can’t keep going into lockdown every time the cases are high.
Portman Road masks on 11:04 - Jul 17 with 3531 viewsIP12

Portman Road masks on 10:57 - Jul 17 by Stewart27

Why?

Covid is here forever.

In the last 'lockdown' I have had to send 'condolence letters' to the families of three very good friends of mine (one was in his early 40's with no known medical problems). I'll do what I can not to have that writing task again.
Portman Road masks on 11:06 - Jul 17 with 3521 viewsJ2BLUE

There's a fortnight between the ridiculously named 'freedom day' and the time when any announcement needs to be made. I would imagine every club will be nervously watching the numbers.

I predict masks will be strongly advised but not compulsory. I don't mind wearing a mask so it wouldn't be a big deal for me to carry on wearing one after 'freedom day'. Government already backtracking on reopening being irreversible. Now we have nothing left but hope that this isn't going to be a complete disaster.

If the government are advising that masks are not compulsory then you can't blame people for not wearing one.

If anyone is very pro mask, it's worth remembering some people are genuinely exempt like Debsy so be kind people.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Portman Road masks on 11:08 - Jul 17 with 3499 viewsdickie

Why?

Covid is here forever.

So we just let people die?
Portman Road masks on 11:10 - Jul 17 with 3465 viewsEly_Blue

Portman Road masks on 10:48 - Jul 17 by Pinewoodblue

And therein lies the problem. You wear a mask to protect others

This exactly, so many people do not understand the real reason for wearing a mask

Too many say “well they aren’t of a grade to protect me”

When the real reason is to stop them from spreading their own fine droplets into the air

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Portman Road masks on 11:11 - Jul 17 with 3461 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why?

Covid is here forever.

So we swamp the NHS and those with serious illness die without treatment.

I suppose it is a survival of the fittest, death is natural philosophy.

However, the Government has (up until now) always rowed back from that position at the last minute. They know that once it gets that serious it is a vote loser.

The Netherlands tried ignoring the scientific advice and rowed back on it fairly quickly. I cannot see even this Government taking medical care back that far,

Maybe one day they will learn to listen to experts and actually follow the science.

Portman Road masks on 11:11 - Jul 17 with 3464 viewsGuthrum

I would say compulsory in the concourses, except designated eating and drinkng areas, but not once in your seat. No entry if suffering any symptoms.

Maybe some system to alert at least surrounding ST holders if someone subsequently tests positive.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Portman Road masks on 11:11 - Jul 17 with 3464 viewsDebsyAngel

Portman Road masks on 11:06 - Jul 17 by J2BLUE

There's a fortnight between the ridiculously named 'freedom day' and the time when any announcement needs to be made. I would imagine every club will be nervously watching the numbers.

I predict masks will be strongly advised but not compulsory. I don't mind wearing a mask so it wouldn't be a big deal for me to carry on wearing one after 'freedom day'. Government already backtracking on reopening being irreversible. Now we have nothing left but hope that this isn't going to be a complete disaster.

If the government are advising that masks are not compulsory then you can't blame people for not wearing one.

If anyone is very pro mask, it's worth remembering some people are genuinely exempt like Debsy so be kind people.

Thanks for being considerate J2. I wish there was some kind of proof as well as the lanyard I could provide - but doctors are not doing letters etc.

My opinion is that there should also be an option that people who are isolating or have symptoms can use their season ticket to watch matches on IFollow, as people will want to see the match and just come to it, regardless if been told to isolate. So typing your season ticket details in would give you a pass to a match. Better than not seeing the action at all. This could also be an option for people (like myself) who are too scared to risk coming to matches for the time being until cases fall.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 11:13]
Portman Road masks on 11:12 - Jul 17 with 3460 viewsEly_Blue

But then we also have our very own idiots who have no exemption who say “if I have to wear a mask I’ll order a lanyard from Amazon”

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Portman Road masks on 11:13 - Jul 17 with 3463 viewsPhilTWTD

First home friendly is next week so there will be news on the plans this week. I know they had extensive meetings about issues relating to fans returning this week.
Portman Road masks on 11:15 - Jul 17 with 3439 viewsbrogansnose

You're right about people like Debsy but conversely I feel that there's going to be a lot more comments heading towards those that choose or have to wear masks especially at the football post 19 / 7.
Portman Road masks on 11:18 - Jul 17 with 3402 viewsSitfcB

Thread deleted by the end of the day, just like yesterday’s.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Portman Road masks on 11:19 - Jul 17 with 3396 viewsGuthrum

Portman Road masks on 11:11 - Jul 17 by DebsyAngel

Thanks for being considerate J2. I wish there was some kind of proof as well as the lanyard I could provide - but doctors are not doing letters etc.

My opinion is that there should also be an option that people who are isolating or have symptoms can use their season ticket to watch matches on IFollow, as people will want to see the match and just come to it, regardless if been told to isolate. So typing your season ticket details in would give you a pass to a match. Better than not seeing the action at all. This could also be an option for people (like myself) who are too scared to risk coming to matches for the time being until cases fall.

Just keep it the same as last season, when ST holders essentially get a free iFollow pass for all matches. The club are losing very little revenue by doing so - just the food and drink they might have consumed at the ground, can't see most ST holders would be buying iFollow games unless they had to remain at home*.

* I include within that not feeling confident being among crowds.

Portman Road masks on 11:19 - Jul 17 with 3383 viewsJ2BLUE

Portman Road masks on 11:15 - Jul 17 by brogansnose

You're right about people like Debsy but conversely I feel that there's going to be a lot more comments heading towards those that choose or have to wear masks especially at the football post 19 / 7.

Quite possibly. Utterly moronic though as masks are mainly to protect others.

I think if anyone, anywhere, makes any comments to me about wearing a mask i'll take a leaf out of MM's book.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Portman Road masks on 11:19 - Jul 17 with 3382 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Portman Road masks on 11:11 - Jul 17 by DebsyAngel

There is a point at which people have to be trusted to take personal responsibility. The lanyard is widely recognised as proof. No one should treat you or anyone else badly because of that. Indeed, we should do extra to keep our distance from and avoid any behaviour that could potentially infect those in your situation for your sake.

Sitters is the only person I have seen openly state that he will flout it by obtaining a lanyard when he is not entitled to it. There are very few people that are so uncaring to do such a thing.

Portman Road masks on 11:22 - Jul 17 with 3327 viewsGuthrum

Why?

Covid is here forever.

We might have to. It is, so far, the only truly effective measure for getting case numbers down.

Portman Road masks on 11:23 - Jul 17 with 3326 viewsborge

Portman Road masks on 10:57 - Jul 17 by TractorWood

100% agree and I am currently in bed with the Wembley variant.

Me too! Almost zero mask wearing at Wembley even in the concourses. I wore a mask in the toilets and food queue, but was stupid enough not to wear one anywhere else. Anyone who thinks it's sensible not to wear a mask in an indoor area is a kn0b.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024