Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone been to the Isle of Islay Lagavulin Brewery? 14:24 - Jul 17 with 900 viewswkj

This has been on my bucket list for years and I will be going up there August 18th (provided we're not in lockdown again). They currently offer a taster tour (£30), Warehouse Tour (£35) and a fancy tour £90.

Was curious if anyone has partaken in these adventures, and which one might be worth going for.

The funny thing is the ferry and brewery will end up costing more than the cost of the week of travel and campsites I've booked.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 19:25]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Has anyone been to the Isle of Islay Lagavulin Brewery? on 14:28 - Jul 17 with 886 viewsCaptainAhab

If it's been on your bucket list for a long time and you can afford it, then go the extra for the fancy tour, you won't regret it.
Many years ago I did a tour of the Barossa valley in a vintage Daimler, stopping off at the best vineyards. Ridiculously expensive, but worth every penny for the happy memories.
Has anyone been to the Isle of Islay Lagavulin Brewery? on 14:30 - Jul 17 with 871 viewswkj

Has anyone been to the Isle of Islay Lagavulin Brewery? on 14:28 - Jul 17 by CaptainAhab

If it's been on your bucket list for a long time and you can afford it, then go the extra for the fancy tour, you won't regret it.
Many years ago I did a tour of the Barossa valley in a vintage Daimler, stopping off at the best vineyards. Ridiculously expensive, but worth every penny for the happy memories.

Im going to Sonoma over christmas so will be doing similar through Napa Valley. Can't wait - again, assuming the USA lifts travel restrictions on the UK

Crybaby

Has anyone been to the Isle of Islay Lagavulin Brewery? on 14:40 - Jul 17 with 845 viewsCaptainAhab

Has anyone been to the Isle of Islay Lagavulin Brewery? on 14:30 - Jul 17 by wkj

Im going to Sonoma over christmas so will be doing similar through Napa Valley. Can't wait - again, assuming the USA lifts travel restrictions on the UK

Nice! Pick me up a bottle of Screaming Eagle?
Has anyone been to the Isle of Islay Lagavulin Brewery? on 16:22 - Jul 17 with 758 viewsChondzoresk

Has anyone been to the Isle of Islay Lagavulin Brewery? on 14:28 - Jul 17 by CaptainAhab

What’s included on the ‘fancy tour’ please.
Has anyone been to the Isle of Islay Lagavulin Brewery? on 16:39 - Jul 17 with 746 viewsDeano69

for £190 they would have to spoon me back in to the car to get me home

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Has anyone been to the Isle of Islay Lagavulin Brewery? on 16:44 - Jul 17 with 741 viewsArnoldMoorhen

All explained here:

https://www.distillerytours.scot/distilleries/lagavulin-distillery-visitor-centr

But that prices the fancy tour at £90, not £190, which includes a 20cl bottle of single cask whisky that you fill yourself. That would equate to about £40 to 50 of the price.
Has anyone been to the Isle of Islay Lagavulin Brewery? on 17:04 - Jul 17 with 711 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You are Ron Swanson and I claim my hand crafted wooden canoe

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Has anyone been to the Isle of Islay Lagavulin Brewery? on 17:42 - Jul 17 with 687 viewswkj

Has anyone been to the Isle of Islay Lagavulin Brewery? on 16:44 - Jul 17 by ArnoldMoorhen

All explained here:

https://www.distillerytours.scot/distilleries/lagavulin-distillery-visitor-centr

But that prices the fancy tour at £90, not £190, which includes a 20cl bottle of single cask whisky that you fill yourself. That would equate to about £40 to 50 of the price.

Aiye, £90, was curious if anyone had done it - you know how business speak goes,some times making things sound better than they is

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone been to the Isle of Islay Lagavulin Brewery? on 18:50 - Jul 17 with 635 viewsXYZ

Did a tour of the Borossa years ago (in a minibus, not a Daimler!) - on the way back we passed Cockatoo Valley, which the guide informed us was the site of a popular nudist camp, which seemed appropriate.
Has anyone been to the Isle of Islay Lagavulin Brewery? on 22:56 - Jul 17 with 528 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Has anyone been to the Isle of Islay Lagavulin Brewery? on 18:50 - Jul 17 by XYZ

Did a tour of the Borossa years ago (in a minibus, not a Daimler!) - on the way back we passed Cockatoo Valley, which the guide informed us was the site of a popular nudist camp, which seemed appropriate.

Cue the great Ronnie Barker line:

"A vandal has drilled a hole in a nudist camp fence. Police are looking into it."
Has anyone been to the Isle of Islay Lagavulin Brewery? on 23:54 - Jul 17 with 507 viewsXYZ

Has anyone been to the Isle of Islay Lagavulin Brewery? on 22:56 - Jul 17 by ArnoldMoorhen

Cue the great Ronnie Barker line:

"A vandal has drilled a hole in a nudist camp fence. Police are looking into it."

I'm convinced they were just called White Parrots with yellow beaks until some card thought up the name cockatoo for laughs.

All hail Ronnie Barker, one of the greatest englishmen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024