Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12 people with blood on their hands 23:44 - Jul 17 with 2281 viewsStokieBlue

A new study has found that just 12 people are responsible for the majority of C19 anti-vax misinformation on social media.

On FB alone they are responsible for 73% of the anti-vax content. FB themselves failed to remove 95% of reported misinformation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/17/covid-misinformation-conspiracy-th

T*ssers.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

12 people with blood on their hands on 23:49 - Jul 17 with 2213 viewsCoastalblue

Be nice to see them charged with manslaughter or whatever the US equivalent is. At some point people have to start being made accountable for crap like this.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

12 people with blood on their hands on 00:34 - Jul 18 with 2104 viewsreusersfreekicks

Sh1ts. Just take them out
12 people with blood on their hands on 00:45 - Jul 18 with 2078 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Edit.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 0:47]
12 people with blood on their hands on 03:46 - Jul 18 with 1960 viewsHARRY10

The disturbing thing is they now they are pandering to people want to read this - much as the same nutters who tell us there is no such thing as global warming, and that Trump is a 'man of the people' whose sole concern is for theaverage US (white) worker, and certainly not to line his pockets.

The same dumb fckwits over here who cannot, or don not, want to se through Johnson and Farage. Who think Rees-Mogg is a jolly nice chap who regards his privileged position s one to use to help the 'down trodden' masses.

Just what fu xked these people so much that they have to cling onto this obvious nonsense. Because as long as there these total fu ckwits out there. people like Farage will screw every last penny out of te by feeding them absolute sh ite.

" Sign up to receive our rundown of the day's top stories direct to your inbox

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you've consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Paul Lines told Express.co.uk that the UK's fishing industry has the potential to grow from around 0.5 percent of Britain's GDP to 3.5 if zonal attachment is reintroduced after the post-Brexit transition period. Mr Lines added that Britain's coastal communities will thrive off having a fishery and it may result in thousands of jobs created within the fishing sector." Aug 2020

"Paul Lines and I with MP Peter Aldous on this weeks Sunday Politics Show. “I am so fed up with MPs and Government trying to pull the wool over The Great British Public's eyes admit it the UK fishing industry, coastal communities were 'SOLD OUT'.” Feb 2021

And there is the stupidity in a nutshell. What Johnson told them was blatant lie. It could not happen. They chose to believe an habitual liar ovr reality.

If our club told all season tickets holders that if they all paid double for the STs we would be playing in the Champions League next season. Is it a failure of our club's negotiating skills when it then doesn't happen, or a reflection of supporters wanting to believe an obvious lie ?

So is it some mental block, some psychological disorder, or what that has these folk willingly suspending all rational thought ?
12 people with blood on their hands on 08:20 - Jul 18 with 1564 viewsCoachRob

Did you see the ivermectin story? Seen people pushing ivermectin as a 'cure' all over social media despite many concerns being raised.

The anti-vax stuff is truly horrific - the scientists have done a fantastic job both developing the vaccines and investigating rare severe complications.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jul/16/huge-study-supporting-ivermectin
12 people with blood on their hands on 08:47 - Jul 18 with 1475 viewsMullet

Stuff like this is the hardest to teach kids about media and how it works. Adults, almost impossible despite it not being new. Just deadlier and more nuanced.

I wonder if they will one day laugh at this like those adverts of doctor’s recommendations for cigs?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

12 people with blood on their hands on 08:54 - Jul 18 with 1423 viewsGeoffSentence

The damage that a few people with loud voices can do is incredible.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

12 people with blood on their hands on 10:49 - Jul 18 with 1221 viewsWeWereZombies

Disappointing to see JFK's nephew amongst the twelve.

'You shouted out who could get killed by the Kennedys
When after all if could be you or me?'
(with apologies to Jagger/Richards)

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

12 people with blood on their hands on 10:51 - Jul 18 with 1214 viewsDanTheMan

12 people with blood on their hands on 10:49 - Jul 18 by WeWereZombies

Disappointing to see JFK's nephew amongst the twelve.

'You shouted out who could get killed by the Kennedys
When after all if could be you or me?'
(with apologies to Jagger/Richards)

Him, and his anti vaccine advocacy group, have actually been posted on here before as a source in some vaccine threads.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

12 people with blood on their hands on 11:13 - Jul 18 with 1157 viewsBlueBadger

12 people with blood on their hands on 10:51 - Jul 18 by DanTheMan

Him, and his anti vaccine advocacy group, have actually been posted on here before as a source in some vaccine threads.

Ah yes. Pro diseaser Harry. An early-pandemic div listee.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

12 people with blood on their hands on 15:48 - Jul 21 with 745 viewsStokieBlue

So even though the original report was in March, much of the material from these users is still available and some still have accounts:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/jul/21/facebook-misinformation-vacci

When do people/governments say enough is enough and do something that will actually effect FB in a material way?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

12 people with blood on their hands on 17:01 - Jul 21 with 580 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Fascinating and depressing. I wonder how much effect it would actually have to ban them though (hear me out I am absolutely not an anti-vaxer).

Might it just be that online influence tends to get concentrated in a relatively small pool of super-users? (think Stephen Fry with x million followers etc) I would expect that these accounts compete either directly or indirectly with other similar accounts for the same audience and attention so would be fairly rapidly replaced. Similar mechanics may even be at play within our very own TWTD forum! Ultimately if there is a demand for that content someone will fill it.

For the record I think they should be banned and prosecuted for manslaughter but I don't think it would be as easy to solve as it might appear on first glance. When I worked at the Red Cross we were looking into an education programme for young people to help them spot when they were being influenced online as part of an anti-extremism programme. I think the real answer may lie more in something like this.

PS if anyone is interested the training we were looking at was based on IC thinking developed by Sara Savage at Cambridge ( https://www.enterprise.cam.ac.uk/case-studies/tools-resolving-global-conflict-2/
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 17:07]

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024