Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace 08:16 - Jul 18 with 2927 viewstractordownsouth

How is this fair? Millions of people are living in fear of being pinged because it would mean losing hundreds of pounds, yet these guys can swan around No10 doing whatever they like. They aren’t even hiding their contempt for the plebs anymore.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 08:18 - Jul 18 with 2135 viewsEastTownBlue

I presume that this is the same pilot that Gove had when "pinged" following his trip to Portugal ?

This could well be the downfall of track and trace isolation. This may be part of their plan anyway.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 8:19]
Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 08:22 - Jul 18 with 2082 viewspointofblue

Who else is taking part on the pilot?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 08:24 - Jul 18 with 2065 viewsDanTheMan

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 08:22 - Jul 18 by pointofblue

I believe they are the second and third participants after Gove.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 08:27 - Jul 18 with 2047 viewspointofblue

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 08:24 - Jul 18 by DanTheMan

I believe they are the second and third participants after Gove.

How convenient!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 08:29 - Jul 18 with 2044 viewsitfcjoe

Important to note they weren’t pinged by the app which doesn’t make it a legal requirement, they were contacted directly by Track and Trace and told to which makes it a legal requirement - the sort that you or I would get fined for breaking.

One rule for them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 08:35 - Jul 18 with 2001 viewsMerseyBlue

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 08:18 - Jul 18 by EastTownBlue

I presume that this is the same pilot that Gove had when "pinged" following his trip to Portugal ?

This could well be the downfall of track and trace isolation. This may be part of their plan anyway.

I've seen a lot of hashtags along the lines of #deletetheapp trending in the last week or so. Certainly some of that will come from the same people calling it a scamdemic, but it seems very probable that some is coming from bots as well. I understand that a lot of people have never liked the idea of the app, but there does seem to have been a sharp increase of criticism recently.

Lots of stories about an alleged "pingdemic" popping up in the last few days. I am fortunate enough to be able to work from home, I get my shopping delivered and I've avoided busy public areas. I've never received a ping from the app, which is probably not that surprising given my change in behaviour, despite living in a busy city. What does surprise me is that not one of my family have received a ping at any point, particularly as they have all been exposed to far greater numbers of people than me. I check my app once a week just to be sure that I haven't had some sort of crash, or that an update hasn't stalled.

Purely anecdotal but there are a lot of factors which suggest that they may be wanting to quietly kill the app.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 08:38 - Jul 18 with 1989 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 08:42 - Jul 18 with 1944 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

That’s the end of self isolation then.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Login to get fewer ads

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:00 - Jul 18 with 1857 viewsBobbychase

I wonder if Parliament is about to recess or something like that.

Nah, surely not

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:02 - Jul 18 with 1840 viewsKieran_Knows

… and yet there’s people on here who can’t understand why people are just jarred off by the whole thing now.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:03 - Jul 18 with 1833 viewskeighleyblue

It's a dead cat non-story, designed to deflect and misinform.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 9:07]
Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:07 - Jul 18 with 1787 viewsElderGrizzly

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 08:22 - Jul 18 by pointofblue

It’s all random of course…

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:07 - Jul 18 with 1789 viewsKieran_Knows

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 08:38 - Jul 18 by itfcjoe

Bunch of pr*cks, the lot of them. These are the people are who there to lead by example, but are doing anything but.

Just like Cunmings last year, people will now think ‘if Johnson and Sunak don’t have to isolate, then neither will I’. This government really is the most incompotent bunch of pr*cks I have ever come across.

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:09 - Jul 18 with 1765 viewsElderGrizzly

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 08:38 - Jul 18 by itfcjoe

To be fair he had a PCR test a few hours later
Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:10 - Jul 18 with 1754 viewsDanTheMan

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:07 - Jul 18 by ElderGrizzly

It’s all random of course…

Ffs why even lie about it?

If they just said "we're in the middle of a pandemic and isolating would cause more harm than good when trying to run the country" or something to that effect then it'd go over much better.

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:15 - Jul 18 with 1692 viewsElderGrizzly

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:10 - Jul 18 by DanTheMan

Ffs why even lie about it?

If they just said "we're in the middle of a pandemic and isolating would cause more harm than good when trying to run the country" or something to that effect then it'd go over much better.

I know. They are the PM and Chancellor so do have important jobs, so people would understand if they didn’t lie to begin with.

Someone must be telling them the optics look awful, but they don’t appear to care.

They were both scheduled to do the 19th July press conference tomorrow on ‘Freedom Day’. I’m sure that is a coincidence
Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:22 - Jul 18 with 1653 viewsElderGrizzly

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:07 - Jul 18 by Kieran_Knows

Bunch of pr*cks, the lot of them. These are the people are who there to lead by example, but are doing anything but.

Just like Cunmings last year, people will now think ‘if Johnson and Sunak don’t have to isolate, then neither will I’. This government really is the most incompotent bunch of pr*cks I have ever come across.

Children have missed the funerals of parents because of being ‘pinged’ and weren’t given this option.

Absolute pricks the whole lot of them

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:26 - Jul 18 with 1617 viewsKeno

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:15 - Jul 18 by ElderGrizzly

I know. They are the PM and Chancellor so do have important jobs, so people would understand if they didn’t lie to begin with.

Someone must be telling them the optics look awful, but they don’t appear to care.

They were both scheduled to do the 19th July press conference tomorrow on ‘Freedom Day’. I’m sure that is a coincidence

"Someone must be telling them the optics"

maybe they need to go and get their eyes tested somewhere?? .....

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:31 - Jul 18 with 1583 viewsvapour_trail

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 08:18 - Jul 18 by EastTownBlue

No it isn’t.

According to the BBC, there are 20 public and private sector organisations taking part in the pilot, one of which is downing street, so if that’s the case, I’m not sure what the fuss is about here.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:43 - Jul 18 with 1513 viewsKieran_Knows

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:22 - Jul 18 by ElderGrizzly

Children have missed the funerals of parents because of being ‘pinged’ and weren’t given this option.

Absolute pricks the whole lot of them

Exactly. The sooner this lot gets out of power, the better.

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:49 - Jul 18 with 1463 viewsDanTheMan

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:31 - Jul 18 by vapour_trail

No it isn’t.

According to the BBC, there are 20 public and private sector organisations taking part in the pilot, one of which is downing street, so if that’s the case, I’m not sure what the fuss is about here.

For me it's just about them having access to things like this whilst others have just had to get by if they get asked to self isolate.

For example my partner does not make a lot of money as a mental health nurse and got relatively little when she had to do it. Luckily I make enough so that it wasn't a huge issue but for others I can see it being a choice between breaking the law or having enough money to pay bills.

From that point of view I can imagine it being very frustrating that they get access to these schemes when many aren't afforded that opportunity.

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 10:00 - Jul 18 with 1404 viewsvapour_trail

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:49 - Jul 18 by DanTheMan

For me it's just about them having access to things like this whilst others have just had to get by if they get asked to self isolate.

For example my partner does not make a lot of money as a mental health nurse and got relatively little when she had to do it. Luckily I make enough so that it wasn't a huge issue but for others I can see it being a choice between breaking the law or having enough money to pay bills.

From that point of view I can imagine it being very frustrating that they get access to these schemes when many aren't afforded that opportunity.

I get that, Dan, for sure.

However this isn’t random as has been suggested further up the thread. Big infrastructure organisations have been selected as part of this trial. That makes sense. So has the government. That also makes sense.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 10:02 - Jul 18 with 1392 viewsStokieBlue

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 09:31 - Jul 18 by vapour_trail

No it isn’t.

It's hardly a randomised trial if Downing Street happened to get on the list given the number of businesses in the country.

The optics are utterly awful and it will cause huge problems. There will be scores of people who will point to the cabinet not isolating regardless of any pilot scheme they may be on. There will be countless more annoyed as they did have to isolate without the option.

The pilot could have been done without high profile public figures in it - in fact it definitely should have been done that way. It could have still contained large organisations without the government being all over the media.

As it stands it will look to many like a way for them to avoid isolating whilst many hundreds of thousands continue to have to.

SB
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 10:04]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 10:08 - Jul 18 with 1362 viewsgiant_stow

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 10:02 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

It's hardly a randomised trial if Downing Street happened to get on the list given the number of businesses in the country.

The optics are utterly awful and it will cause huge problems. There will be scores of people who will point to the cabinet not isolating regardless of any pilot scheme they may be on. There will be countless more annoyed as they did have to isolate without the option.

The pilot could have been done without high profile public figures in it - in fact it definitely should have been done that way. It could have still contained large organisations without the government being all over the media.

As it stands it will look to many like a way for them to avoid isolating whilst many hundreds of thousands continue to have to.

SB
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 10:04]

It was a chance for Boris to lead by example (chuckle) which is now going to damage the isolation regime. That regime was always based on people showing good faith and community spirit against their own best interests. Its holed.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 10:12 - Jul 18 with 1334 viewsElderGrizzly

Johnson and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged by Test and Trace on 10:00 - Jul 18 by vapour_trail

I get that, Dan, for sure.

However this isn’t random as has been suggested further up the thread. Big infrastructure organisations have been selected as part of this trial. That makes sense. So has the government. That also makes sense.

BBC appeared to confirm, while Downing Street is part of the pilot the participants within DS are meant to be random.

Anyway, as we know the optics aren’t good whatever the truth of it.

Underpinning it all is also a test that has been deemed only worthy for the bin by others across the world, including the USA

https://nursingnotes.co.uk/news/clinical/us-recalls-lateral-flow-tests-amid-sign
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 10:13]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024