Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freedom Day then..... 08:18 - Jul 19 with 2707 viewsitfcjoe

.....doesn't feel very free as yet with so many people self isolating etc!

What are people doing with masks?

Personally I'll still wear one when it is a place where you have to have it on the whole time like in a shop or on public transport......but pubs, restaurants, the gym, etc where you have to wear it to walk in, take off when sit down, put on to go to toilet, take back off etc - not for me.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Freedom Day then..... on 08:29 - Jul 19 with 1878 viewsGeorge03

I’m isolating myself until next week. With the rise in cases it just doesn’t feel right. Yes at some point we have to go back to normal, but I would rather a month or so of keeping the restrictions, allowing more people to be vaccinated. Rather than coming out of restrictions now and needing them back in place in 6 weeks.

[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 8:31]
Freedom Day then..... on 08:32 - Jul 19 with 1856 viewsStokieBlue

Can I ask why you wouldn't just continue with the same rules given to me it doesn't seem like much effort?

If anything moving around in a pub has become a more likely vector of transmission given there are going to be more people and they are going to be standing around as well.

For the record, for me, nothing has changed today.

SB
[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 8:33]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Freedom Day then..... on 08:40 - Jul 19 with 1798 viewsTractorCam

Freedom Day then..... on 08:29 - Jul 19 by George03

I’m isolating myself until next week. With the rise in cases it just doesn’t feel right. Yes at some point we have to go back to normal, but I would rather a month or so of keeping the restrictions, allowing more people to be vaccinated. Rather than coming out of restrictions now and needing them back in place in 6 weeks.

[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 8:31]

We already did that on June 21st.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Freedom Day then..... on 08:43 - Jul 19 with 1781 viewsTractorCam

I'll still keep the masks and probably take one out with me so i've always got one, but don't reckon i'd use it other than if I was on the tube. That's my thought now, might change later down the line.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Freedom Day then..... on 08:44 - Jul 19 with 1781 viewsartsbossbeard

Got an email from my gym this morning.

All back to pre-covid rules now. No masks required, wipe down the equipment with the sanitiser provided before and after if you want to and all equipment back in use but spaced out to 1mtr distance from each other now.

Conversely, Two of the pubs I frequent are both going to stay almost "as is", so no propping up the bar, table service still in operation and masks required on entrance/toilet use.

I'm still wearing one in shops/confined indoor areas as before.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Freedom Day then..... on 08:46 - Jul 19 with 1743 viewsDanTheMan

Wearing a mask where I was before. For me nothing has magically changed from yesterday.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Freedom Day then..... on 08:56 - Jul 19 with 1675 viewsGuthrum

Will continue to treat it as a matter of public health (and my own) over personal convenience. At least until the Delat Variant caseload has subsided.

Wearing a mask is considerably less of a problem for me than having to take time off work ill.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Freedom Day then..... on 08:56 - Jul 19 with 1664 viewsgazzer1999

I will keep wearing masks exactly as before, and equally as important keep washing hands and sanitising when I enter a shop. Why would you not, just because some politician says you don't have to? Everyone should go with their conscience and be grown up not to expect someone to tell them what to do. Everyone has a choice to wear or not to wear, but if cases rise you will know who to blame if you chose not to wear one.
If we get back in the ground for the opening game of the season, I will continue to wear a mask, it really is no big deal as I have worn one for around 8 hours a day since education opened up.
Login to get fewer ads

Freedom Day then..... on 08:59 - Jul 19 with 1653 viewsbluelagos

Subtle difference foe me. I'll carry a mask and put it on if the place I am in is crowded. That said, I did and will continue to avoid crowded places by say shopping at quiet times.

What I do think is going to be carnage are the holiday resorts. Traffic going into Walton yesterday was very heavy. Just going to be a mental summer imho. But of course much of that is thankfully outside (beaches, camp sites, pub gardens) so fingers crossed.

Posted elsewhere (ABB made similar point) the pubs I use seem to be retaining old rules.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Freedom Day then..... on 09:01 - Jul 19 with 1627 viewsVic

I’m carrying on as I did on Saturday - inside it will be mask on when around people, off when I’m not with people. Outside - I’ll just use judgement. No people, no mask. people = mask.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Freedom Day then..... on 09:13 - Jul 19 with 1570 viewsStokieBlue

Freedom Day then..... on 08:59 - Jul 19 by bluelagos

Subtle difference foe me. I'll carry a mask and put it on if the place I am in is crowded. That said, I did and will continue to avoid crowded places by say shopping at quiet times.

What I do think is going to be carnage are the holiday resorts. Traffic going into Walton yesterday was very heavy. Just going to be a mental summer imho. But of course much of that is thankfully outside (beaches, camp sites, pub gardens) so fingers crossed.

Posted elsewhere (ABB made similar point) the pubs I use seem to be retaining old rules.

Realistically we won't know the results of all this for 3 or 4 weeks. At that point we will know if people have been sensible and take limited action for the health of others or if they have ignored the science for their own comfort.

I am actually hopeful and have a feeling a good proportion of the public will do the right thing, much like you've highlighted in your post. The last week has seen a change in messaging around masks from the government and I think some will heed that.

SB

Freedom Day then..... on 09:16 - Jul 19 with 1539 viewsEwan_Oozami

Otherwise known as Mr Humphries' Day....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Freedom Day then..... on 09:18 - Jul 19 with 1529 viewsJakeITFC

Flags can be taken out and rakes back in bunkers on the golf course!
Freedom Day then..... on 09:22 - Jul 19 with 1514 viewsbluelagos

Freedom Day then..... on 09:13 - Jul 19 by StokieBlue

Realistically we won't know the results of all this for 3 or 4 weeks. At that point we will know if people have been sensible and take limited action for the health of others or if they have ignored the science for their own comfort.

I am actually hopeful and have a feeling a good proportion of the public will do the right thing, much like you've highlighted in your post. The last week has seen a change in messaging around masks from the government and I think some will heed that.

SB

I tnink 80% of people will be sensible.

But I also think we are playing russian roullette with people's lives which seems highly irresponsible tbh.

One thing I do slightly disagree with you (and others) is the level of compliance previosuly. I went to London (rush hour) 2 weeks ago and saw 9 out of 10 masked up on all tubes/platforms.

Maybe the difference (with your experience) was these were commuters who are more likely to comply for some reason? Also very high compliance in the sticks previously imho.

Freedom Day then..... on 09:27 - Jul 19 with 1484 viewsStokieBlue

Freedom Day then..... on 09:22 - Jul 19 by bluelagos

I tnink 80% of people will be sensible.

But I also think we are playing russian roullette with people's lives which seems highly irresponsible tbh.

One thing I do slightly disagree with you (and others) is the level of compliance previosuly. I went to London (rush hour) 2 weeks ago and saw 9 out of 10 masked up on all tubes/platforms.

Maybe the difference (with your experience) was these were commuters who are more likely to comply for some reason? Also very high compliance in the sticks previously imho.

The problem here is that your sample size is very small. You could be right that it's commuters who know they are travelling at rush hour. I've deliberately avoided that and travelling at other times mask wearing is 50-70% at best (as also highlighted by other forum members).

I agree that in general I think that compliance has been better outside of the urban areas as you point out.

SB

Freedom Day then..... on 09:35 - Jul 19 with 1431 viewsbluelagos

Freedom Day then..... on 09:27 - Jul 19 by StokieBlue

The problem here is that your sample size is very small. You could be right that it's commuters who know they are travelling at rush hour. I've deliberately avoided that and travelling at other times mask wearing is 50-70% at best (as also highlighted by other forum members).

I agree that in general I think that compliance has been better outside of the urban areas as you point out.

SB

Yeah, we are all biased by our own experiences. I was tempted to video the tubes and post em but thought better of it luckily. (Wouldve have been highly knobbish to make an internet point)

I think one issue though is how many times have you, me or anyone posted "I went to the supermarket/pub/bus and everyone was sensible". No one has, because that isn't particularly memorable and or interesting.

So we get the poor compliance experiences posted about and it is very easy to think that is the norm from social media like Twtd.

Freedom Day then..... on 09:37 - Jul 19 with 1416 viewsStokieBlue

Freedom Day then..... on 09:35 - Jul 19 by bluelagos

Yeah, we are all biased by our own experiences. I was tempted to video the tubes and post em but thought better of it luckily. (Wouldve have been highly knobbish to make an internet point)

I think one issue though is how many times have you, me or anyone posted "I went to the supermarket/pub/bus and everyone was sensible". No one has, because that isn't particularly memorable and or interesting.

So we get the poor compliance experiences posted about and it is very easy to think that is the norm from social media like Twtd.

As a society though it's a bit odd to point out that things are being done well, isn't that just the baseline assumption of how things should be?

If you then follow that to it's logical conclusion the result is that when things aren't being done well they are highlighted to everyone.

You're right of course, many people in many places have been complying very well.

SB

Freedom Day then..... on 09:39 - Jul 19 with 1407 viewsWeWereZombies

Freedom Day then..... on 08:56 - Jul 19 by Guthrum

Will continue to treat it as a matter of public health (and my own) over personal convenience. At least until the Delat Variant caseload has subsided.

Wearing a mask is considerably less of a problem for me than having to take time off work ill.

The Delat Variant? That Rory has a lot to answer for...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Freedom Day then..... on 09:48 - Jul 19 with 1369 viewsbluelagos

Freedom Day then..... on 09:37 - Jul 19 by StokieBlue

As a society though it's a bit odd to point out that things are being done well, isn't that just the baseline assumption of how things should be?

If you then follow that to it's logical conclusion the result is that when things aren't being done well they are highlighted to everyone.

You're right of course, many people in many places have been complying very well.

SB

I agree 100%. My point is those taking Twtd posts as typical rather than anecotal risk reading too much into them.

Defo not arguing for the banal. Happy to follow the Jimmy Milner twitter guy for that :-)

Freedom Day then..... on 09:49 - Jul 19 with 1369 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Freedom Day then..... on 08:32 - Jul 19 by StokieBlue

Can I ask why you wouldn't just continue with the same rules given to me it doesn't seem like much effort?

If anything moving around in a pub has become a more likely vector of transmission given there are going to be more people and they are going to be standing around as well.

SB

Same. Not that I’ve frequented many pubs in recent years anyway. But I’ll still be wearing a mask and asking for an outside table on the odd occasions that I might go out for a meal.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Freedom Day then..... on 09:54 - Jul 19 with 1364 viewsKropotkin123

I've started going to restaurants and yesterday went to Brighton visiting a friend and enjoying the weather. I think it is time to start trying more things if you are double vaccinated.

That said. I was wearing a mask, I sanitised my hands regularly, I kept a distance between myself and our friend and other randomers as much as possible.

I will continue to do so.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Freedom Day then..... on 09:59 - Jul 19 with 1331 viewsStokieBlue

Freedom Day then..... on 09:54 - Jul 19 by Kropotkin123

I've started going to restaurants and yesterday went to Brighton visiting a friend and enjoying the weather. I think it is time to start trying more things if you are double vaccinated.

That said. I was wearing a mask, I sanitised my hands regularly, I kept a distance between myself and our friend and other randomers as much as possible.

I will continue to do so.

All good precautions.

Worth nothing that whilst sanitising your hands is excellent for just general cleaning of germs, C19 isn't actually that transmissible through touch. It was what they originally thought but subsequent studies have shown it's a tiny vector, perhaps a 1 in 10000 chance of transmission and thus wearing masks and distancing to protect from droplet transmission is far more important:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/surface-tran

"Findings of these studies suggest that the risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection via the fomite transmission route is low, and generally less than 1 in 10,000, which means that each contact with a contaminated surface has less than a 1 in 10,000 chance of causing an infection."

Everyone should still keep washing their hands regularly though, it's very effective way to prevent the spread of numerous nasties.

SB

Freedom Day then..... on 10:02 - Jul 19 with 1322 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Freedom Day then..... on 09:59 - Jul 19 by StokieBlue

All good precautions.

Worth nothing that whilst sanitising your hands is excellent for just general cleaning of germs, C19 isn't actually that transmissible through touch. It was what they originally thought but subsequent studies have shown it's a tiny vector, perhaps a 1 in 10000 chance of transmission and thus wearing masks and distancing to protect from droplet transmission is far more important:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/surface-tran

"Findings of these studies suggest that the risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection via the fomite transmission route is low, and generally less than 1 in 10,000, which means that each contact with a contaminated surface has less than a 1 in 10,000 chance of causing an infection."

Everyone should still keep washing their hands regularly though, it's very effective way to prevent the spread of numerous nasties.

SB

“ Everyone should still keep washing their hands regularly though, it's very effective way to prevent the spread of numerous nasties. ”

Have you seen that there is an unseasonable rise in Norovirus?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Freedom Day then..... on 10:06 - Jul 19 with 1298 viewsStokieBlue

Freedom Day then..... on 10:02 - Jul 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

“ Everyone should still keep washing their hands regularly though, it's very effective way to prevent the spread of numerous nasties. ”

Have you seen that there is an unseasonable rise in Norovirus?

Yes, I did see that which is not ideal.

Worth noting for context though that Norovirus has a typical of R of <3 whilst the delta variant has an R of >7.

This is why it's important to maintain things like mask wearing and distancing where possible, C19 has become extremely infectious.

We are likely to see a rise in all kinds of viruses and illness as we open up.

SB

Freedom Day then..... on 10:09 - Jul 19 with 1278 viewsnodge_blue

Freedom Day then..... on 08:32 - Jul 19 by StokieBlue

SB

Same for me. I feel ok socially distancing and wearing a mask.

When you see the clip on the BBC of the youngsters going clubbing I initially thought oh no this is bad.....but when you hear them saying they feel like they've given up a year of their youth, its hard not to have some sympathy.

I don't know what the answer is. Cases are about to go sky high. I guess we have to hope the vaccine holds enough to stop a huge surge in hospitalisations.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024