Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Horse racing industry doing itself no favours again 09:33 - Jul 19 with 927 viewsgtsb1966

Not a pleasant read this.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57881979
Horse racing industry doing itself no favours again on 09:39 - Jul 19 with 889 viewsDanTheMan

Absolutely disgusting.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Horse racing industry doing itself no favours again on 10:36 - Jul 19 with 835 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Proper grim.
Horse racing industry doing itself no favours again on 11:12 - Jul 19 with 793 viewsJ2BLUE

Thanks for highlighting. Didn’t know about the horse racing special tonight. I will watch.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Horse racing industry doing itself no favours again on 15:48 - Jul 19 with 696 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Wouldn’t want to look as though I am ignoring the issue so though I’d post now (before the documentary) and after - just as I did when the Gordon Elliott scandal broke.

First of all, it’s terrible to think about that racehorses are being killed. The injured ones being euthanised is a part of racing but fully fit horses being killed is unacceptable. I fully expect the documentary to highlight that this is an issue in Irish racing. I’m not saying it’s squeaky clean in British racing but it’s a lot more invested into rehoming schemes and the like.

Secondly, the stuff about the horses being shot in front of other horses.. that’s clearly an abattoir issue. Think it’s incredibly harsh to blame horse racing for a licensed abattoir not following the Humane Slaughter Act properly.

Thirdly, whilst racehorses being killed is an awful element that should be investigated, this isn’t specifically the trainers or the owners who should be targeted for a crackdown. It’s people who get hold of these horses after they retire and then sell them on. That’s where the issue needs to be tackled. Stop these people being allowed into the auctions. Ban them entirely from being allowed to buy these horses. Whilst an overwhelming majority of horses slaughtered are not racehorses, the care they get during their lives in the sport shouldn’t mean they can be slaughtered on retirement. And most of them (particularly in the UK) are rehomed. Some sadly slip through the net though.

I’m still totally pro-racing and will continue to support the industry with the level of care the majority of horses get being much better than most of us humans receive. However, the documentary will shed some light on some issues and it’s on the racing authorities to act in the correct manner to make sure ALL horses are rehomed, not just the majority as more can and should be done.

Edit - Hopefully that’s a fair response. Not looking for a row or to be labelled cruel for supporting the sport (as one poster always tells me), but rather to give a response as someone who’s prominent on here about the good side of racing (the preview threads, the winning tips etc) but felt I should therefore also give my take on this.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 15:50]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Horse racing industry doing itself no favours again on 06:20 - Jul 20 with 482 viewsBlueNote

Horse racing industry doing itself no favours again on 15:48 - Jul 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Wouldn’t want to look as though I am ignoring the issue so though I’d post now (before the documentary) and after - just as I did when the Gordon Elliott scandal broke.

First of all, it’s terrible to think about that racehorses are being killed. The injured ones being euthanised is a part of racing but fully fit horses being killed is unacceptable. I fully expect the documentary to highlight that this is an issue in Irish racing. I’m not saying it’s squeaky clean in British racing but it’s a lot more invested into rehoming schemes and the like.

Secondly, the stuff about the horses being shot in front of other horses.. that’s clearly an abattoir issue. Think it’s incredibly harsh to blame horse racing for a licensed abattoir not following the Humane Slaughter Act properly.

Thirdly, whilst racehorses being killed is an awful element that should be investigated, this isn’t specifically the trainers or the owners who should be targeted for a crackdown. It’s people who get hold of these horses after they retire and then sell them on. That’s where the issue needs to be tackled. Stop these people being allowed into the auctions. Ban them entirely from being allowed to buy these horses. Whilst an overwhelming majority of horses slaughtered are not racehorses, the care they get during their lives in the sport shouldn’t mean they can be slaughtered on retirement. And most of them (particularly in the UK) are rehomed. Some sadly slip through the net though.

I’m still totally pro-racing and will continue to support the industry with the level of care the majority of horses get being much better than most of us humans receive. However, the documentary will shed some light on some issues and it’s on the racing authorities to act in the correct manner to make sure ALL horses are rehomed, not just the majority as more can and should be done.

Edit - Hopefully that’s a fair response. Not looking for a row or to be labelled cruel for supporting the sport (as one poster always tells me), but rather to give a response as someone who’s prominent on here about the good side of racing (the preview threads, the winning tips etc) but felt I should therefore also give my take on this.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 15:50]

'Incredibly harsh to blame horse racing for abattoirs not following the humane slaughter act'

If horse racing didn't exist, then these horses wouldn't be getting murdered. It has everything to do with the racing industry, and the people who watch it and bet on it. It's barbaric and should be banned. Everyone involved has blood on their hands.
Horse racing industry doing itself no favours again on 07:43 - Jul 20 with 440 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Horse racing industry doing itself no favours again on 06:20 - Jul 20 by BlueNote

'Incredibly harsh to blame horse racing for abattoirs not following the humane slaughter act'

If horse racing didn't exist, then these horses wouldn't be getting murdered. It has everything to do with the racing industry, and the people who watch it and bet on it. It's barbaric and should be banned. Everyone involved has blood on their hands.

Here he is! Me old mate Bluenote with his anti racing response. I was waiting for you. Did you like I even mentioned you (albeit not my name) in my reply? A nice touch I thought.

If racing didn’t exist, those same horses wouldn’t have been born either. You can’t have it both ways.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024