Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September 17:20 - Jul 19 with 12057 viewsElderGrizzly

For large events, such as football.

So vaccine proof/testing here to stay at Portman Road for a while yet.

Our understanding is a test will be allowed for exemptions, so this isn't quite correct.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 17:22]
Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:27 - Jul 19 with 4011 viewsKieran_Knows

I presume government/football clubs will be refunding people who have purchased season tickets and haven’t had the jab/only had 1 dose then?

Farcical.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:35 - Jul 19 with 3925 viewsElderGrizzly

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:27 - Jul 19 by Kieran_Knows

I presume government/football clubs will be refunding people who have purchased season tickets and haven’t had the jab/only had 1 dose then?

Farcical.

By then, every over 18 in England will have had the opportunity to have 2 doses and be 14 days post-second dose.

If they have a genuine reason not to have one, there will always be exemptions made.

I wouldn't say it's farcical, just common sense to try and prevent future lockdowns and allow businesses to operate at full capacity.
Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:35 - Jul 19 with 3911 viewsMerseyBlue

I'm pleased they're going to require vaccine passports, and I understand putting it off for a bit until the majority of youngsters will have been able to have had both jabs. However, it does seem bonkers that as of tonight I could go down to Kitchen Street and attend Return to Rave in a packed venue without any real restrictions. Just seems a bit arse about face.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:36 - Jul 19 with 3900 viewsZx1988

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:27 - Jul 19 by Kieran_Knows

Farcical.

Why should they?

Anyone committing to a season ticket should have known that there was a very strong possibility that vaccine passports would be introduced, and would be a requirement for large sporting events.

Of course, there will likely be exemptions for those who cannot have the vaccine, but if it's a matter of personal choice then that's the problem of the individual and not of the club.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:36 - Jul 19 with 3893 viewsButterbing

Farcical.

In fairness that is from the end of September so I would imagine the vast majority of people would be double vaccinated by then. Still around ten weeks away so anybody not vaccinated has plenty of time to get both doses.

Why would the government refund people? But, it will be interesting to see what clubs do with those who refuse the vaccine.
Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:37 - Jul 19 with 3875 viewsIpswichKnight

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:35 - Jul 19 by ElderGrizzly

By then, every over 18 in England will have had the opportunity to have 2 doses and be 14 days post-second dose.

If they have a genuine reason not to have one, there will always be exemptions made.

I wouldn't say it's farcical, just common sense to try and prevent future lockdowns and allow businesses to operate at full capacity.

Guessing perhaps PCR test 24-48 hours before attending?
Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:38 - Jul 19 with 3862 viewsEly_Blue

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:35 - Jul 19 by MerseyBlue

I'm pleased they're going to require vaccine passports, and I understand putting it off for a bit until the majority of youngsters will have been able to have had both jabs. However, it does seem bonkers that as of tonight I could go down to Kitchen Street and attend Return to Rave in a packed venue without any real restrictions. Just seems a bit arse about face.

Yes it does but unfortunately the little snowflakes complained that if they had been asked for vaccine passport and they hadn’t been double jabbed then “it was unfair and an infringement on their freedom”

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:38 - Jul 19 with 3852 viewsStokieBlue

If it's needed from September why isn't it needed now?

I know not everyone is double-jabbed but if it's not safe to go without two jabs why are we opening up?

It's just another contradiction.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:39 - Jul 19 with 3843 viewsElderGrizzly

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:36 - Jul 19 by Butterbing

In fairness that is from the end of September so I would imagine the vast majority of people would be double vaccinated by then. Still around ten weeks away so anybody not vaccinated has plenty of time to get both doses.

Why would the government refund people? But, it will be interesting to see what clubs do with those who refuse the vaccine.

It's why that date has been picked. Everyone over 18 will have had the opportunity to have 2 doses by then.
Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:40 - Jul 19 with 3823 viewsStokieBlue

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:37 - Jul 19 by IpswichKnight

I really don't like this testing before going, all it means is you didn't have C19 48 hours before you went, it doesn't mean you don't have it when you're attending.

So many instances of flights and things where everyone has had a test 48 hours before then the passengers all have to isolate as someone is positive.

SB

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:40 - Jul 19 with 3818 viewsElderGrizzly

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:37 - Jul 19 by IpswichKnight

No, testing won't play a part if you're vaccinated.

There will be an exemption route to vaccine and right now that is a PCR for things like travel. This is unlikely to be any different.

But of course businesses can set their own rules over and above what the Govt says.
Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:41 - Jul 19 with 3805 viewschicoazul

Attn, broadcast from UK Gov central: pregnant women those with MH issues asthmatics some religious people many people who work in social care & the NHS; Fck you.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:42 - Jul 19 with 3785 viewsKieran_Knows

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:36 - Jul 19 by Zx1988

Why should they?

Anyone committing to a season ticket should have known that there was a very strong possibility that vaccine passports would be introduced, and would be a requirement for large sporting events.

Of course, there will likely be exemptions for those who cannot have the vaccine, but if it's a matter of personal choice then that's the problem of the individual and not of the club.

I didn’t mention about people refusing for it. All well and good saying ‘everyone will have been offered the vaccine by then’, but circumstances sometimes mean people can’t make appointments until certain times etc, so what about those people?

What about my missus for example. Who is 19 weeks pregnant (will roughly be about 30 weeks pregnant at the end of September) and has been told various things by doctors/nurses/GP’s about whether the vaccine is safe for her to get (she’s not having in as a precaution, but will get jabbed in January once baby is here). Obviously she won’t be drinking and going clubbing, but what constitutes a large event? So many grey areas.

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:42 - Jul 19 with 3781 viewsElderGrizzly

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:38 - Jul 19 by StokieBlue

I know not everyone is double-jabbed but if it's not safe to go without two jabs why are we opening up?

SB

It's that very reason. Not everyone over 18 has had the opportunity to have 2 jabs.

I assume there is some very strong legal advice behind the choice of date and what conditions have been met.

Testing is the temporary sticking plaster until we reach September

But yes, it's clearly all a little back arse about face.
Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:43 - Jul 19 with 3766 viewsMerseyBlue

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:38 - Jul 19 by Ely_Blue

Yes it does but unfortunately the little snowflakes complained that if they had been asked for vaccine passport and they hadn’t been double jabbed then “it was unfair and an infringement on their freedom”

Just another brick in the wall of the argument that now was not the right time to relax all of these measures. I'm sure the loss of £4bn to the hospitality and events industry had nothing to do with the decision. It is painfully apparent that we are following the money, not the science.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/politics/ministers-ditched-face-ma

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:44 - Jul 19 with 3753 viewsElderGrizzly

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:42 - Jul 19 by Kieran_Knows

I didn’t mention about people refusing for it. All well and good saying ‘everyone will have been offered the vaccine by then’, but circumstances sometimes mean people can’t make appointments until certain times etc, so what about those people?

What about my missus for example. Who is 19 weeks pregnant (will roughly be about 30 weeks pregnant at the end of September) and has been told various things by doctors/nurses/GP’s about whether the vaccine is safe for her to get (she’s not having in as a precaution, but will get jabbed in January once baby is here). Obviously she won’t be drinking and going clubbing, but what constitutes a large event? So many grey areas.

Watch the Govt define a capacity and then all large events' falling 1 under that.

Testing will still play a part for those unable to prove vaccination status i'm sure. A whole load of legal ramifications if not
[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 17:45]
Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:45 - Jul 19 with 3735 viewsEly_Blue

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:38 - Jul 19 by StokieBlue

SB

Because all the little snowflakes complained it wasn’t fair

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:47 - Jul 19 with 3707 viewsButterbing

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:42 - Jul 19 by Kieran_Knows

An efficient government would put a mechanism in place for people like your partner. However....
Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:48 - Jul 19 with 3694 viewsMerseyBlue

I would be surprised if pregnant women were not included in any exemptions. Whilst there is no scientific proof that the vaccine has any impact on pregnancy, I think most people can understand hesitancy about being jabbed until after birth. Lots of grey areas as you say, but I do feel confident that this particular grey area will be treated carefully. Congratulations as well, wishing you all the best.

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:51 - Jul 19 with 3646 viewsDanTheMan

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:41 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

Attn, broadcast from UK Gov central: pregnant women those with MH issues asthmatics some religious people many people who work in social care & the NHS; Fck you.

I'm confused, which religions would have an issue with the vaccines? I'm not aware of any that have had objections to it, at least among the Abrahamic religions and also Hinduism (I think).

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:52 - Jul 19 with 3630 viewsBryanPlug

Farcical.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:54 - Jul 19 with 3604 viewsWD19

Farcical.

Football stadia and vaccinations by WD19 11 Jul 2021 9:24
If double vaccinations become a requirement, the unvaccinated are presumably currently about 6 weeks away from gaining access to Portman Road.

If you are unvaccinated you might want to go to walk in centre today and that way you might just make the MK Dons game.

Top tips bought to you by WD19.

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:55 - Jul 19 with 3592 viewsKieran_Knows

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:54 - Jul 19 by WD19

Football stadia and vaccinations by WD19 11 Jul 2021 9:24
If double vaccinations become a requirement, the unvaccinated are presumably currently about 6 weeks away from gaining access to Portman Road.

If you are unvaccinated you might want to go to walk in centre today and that way you might just make the MK Dons game.

Top tips bought to you by WD19.

I have personally bought forward my 2nd dose so it means I’ll be double jabbed in time for the Morecambe game (with 2 weeks grace), just so I don’t have to do a test each time - which funnily enough, you can lie on them anyway.

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:57 - Jul 19 with 3546 viewsBlueBadger

Ah, the now-traditional 'stuff that should have be in place before we lifted regulations'.

See also: functioning track and trace, mask wearing, competent government, actually valuing your key workers.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 18:01]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:58 - Jul 19 with 3526 viewsStokieBlue

Govt just announced vaccine 'passports' needed from September on 17:42 - Jul 19 by ElderGrizzly

It's that very reason. Not everyone over 18 has had the opportunity to have 2 jabs.

I assume there is some very strong legal advice behind the choice of date and what conditions have been met.

Testing is the temporary sticking plaster until we reach September

But yes, it's clearly all a little back arse about face.

My point is more that if they know it's required to make things safe then we shouldn't be having a "freedom day" and should be maintaining or strengthening the restrictions.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024