Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! 20:23 - Jul 19 with 2854 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 20:30 - Jul 19 with 2098 viewsfabian_illness

By the sound of it, that means I can’t buy a cup of tea with real money.
Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 20:37 - Jul 19 with 2040 viewsGeoffSentence

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 20:30 - Jul 19 by fabian_illness

By the sound of it, that means I can’t buy a cup of tea with real money.

'Fraid not. Totally cashless. Now you have to barter for your cuppa.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 20:43 - Jul 19 with 2012 viewsHipsterectomy

I can't imagine how much myself and people I know would have sunk into the club if they had cassless bars before

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 20:45 - Jul 19 with 1994 viewsfabian_illness

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 20:37 - Jul 19 by GeoffSentence

'Fraid not. Totally cashless. Now you have to barter for your cuppa.

Bùgger.
Have to get the tartan flask back out.
Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 20:57 - Jul 19 with 1922 viewsblueprint

Who the hell carry’s cash anyway? I haven’t been to a cash machine for about 2 years.
Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 20:58 - Jul 19 with 1923 viewsstrikalite

Now they need to do away with pulling pints and sell plastic bottled stuff instead, we have 15 minutes, bang 'em out as fast as possible...
Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 21:06 - Jul 19 with 1881 viewsmonty_radio

I thought we'd been cashless for several years?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 21:06 - Jul 19 with 1877 viewsFixed_It

The real test of progress from the previous regime will be if they then don't run out of beer because the service is quicker!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 21:11 - Jul 19 with 1841 viewsSitfcB

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 20:58 - Jul 19 by strikalite

Now they need to do away with pulling pints and sell plastic bottled stuff instead, we have 15 minutes, bang 'em out as fast as possible...

...and the drinks?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 21:19 - Jul 19 with 1784 viewscatch74

I want to message the owners and put myself forwards to revolutionise the match day hospitality.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 21:25 - Jul 19 with 1747 viewsSwansea_Blue

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 21:19 - Jul 19 by catch74

I want to message the owners and put myself forwards to revolutionise the match day hospitality.

Unfortunately for you, streakers are frowned upon these days. I’m not sure why though - all good harmless fun as I see it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 21:25 - Jul 19 with 1751 viewsHARRY10

a marvellous con to allow your bank to know more about your spending habits

how easily the gormless are conned
Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 21:27 - Jul 19 with 1724 viewscatch74

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 21:25 - Jul 19 by Swansea_Blue

Unfortunately for you, streakers are frowned upon these days. I’m not sure why though - all good harmless fun as I see it.

We can be brave and hold hands though.

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 21:28 - Jul 19 with 1709 viewscatch74

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 21:25 - Jul 19 by HARRY10

It’ll be the cost per transaction they’re charging that’s of more interest to them.

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 21:40 - Jul 19 with 1655 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

That is the biggest chuckle of the day. You left it rather late!
Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 21:44 - Jul 19 with 1641 viewsMattinLondon

You still angry that your bank manager knew about the vibrator you brought?
Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 21:51 - Jul 19 with 1581 viewsbazza

Rather the bank than the wife..
Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 22:00 - Jul 19 with 1533 viewsSwansea_Blue

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 21:27 - Jul 19 by catch74

We can be brave and hold hands though.

Sounds like a better use of time than queuing up for 15 minutes for a warm beer, even if they let you pay by card!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 22:07 - Jul 19 with 1513 viewsDarth_Koont

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 21:19 - Jul 19 by catch74

As I told you in the PM, nobody wants to see your Todger and the Ball Boys ventriloquist act. Not in daylight anyway.

Pronouns: He/Him

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 22:18 - Jul 19 with 1454 viewsNazemariner

Times have changed, and COVID has seen a large number of people using contactless methods of payment, when they perhaps wouldn't of done so previously.

Don't be fooled into thinking that this will speed up service. The uncomplicated folk who man the bars will struggle with this, just as they did with a cash register.
Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 22:26 - Jul 19 with 1420 viewsBlueBadger

Wasn't it one your former aliases who paid an alleged tenner for a pint Wembley?

Whilst we're on the subject of conning the gormless.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 22:29 - Jul 19 with 1395 viewscatch74

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 22:07 - Jul 19 by Darth_Koont

As I told you in the PM, nobody wants to see your Todger and the Ball Boys ventriloquist act. Not in daylight anyway.

My plans are clearly too obvious.

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 22:47 - Jul 19 with 1324 viewsstonojnr

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 22:18 - Jul 19 by Nazemariner

Times have changed, and COVID has seen a large number of people using contactless methods of payment, when they perhaps wouldn't of done so previously.

Don't be fooled into thinking that this will speed up service. The uncomplicated folk who man the bars will struggle with this, just as they did with a cash register.

exactly what I was thinking, the paying part was never the cause of the queues or slowness. plus theyll still have to ring it through a till for accounting purposes.
Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 00:10 - Jul 20 with 1193 viewshoppy

Will that mean they won't accept the paper refund vouchers they issued from last year?

I thought they were supposed to be usable at the food and drink outlets?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 00:10 - Jul 20 with 1191 viewsStNeotsBlue

Thank the lord- cashless bars on matchdays! on 20:57 - Jul 19 by blueprint

Who the hell carry’s cash anyway? I haven’t been to a cash machine for about 2 years.

Thankfully plenty still do. Personally I like using cash as I feel like I'm spending money and I can keep a check on it, too easy with contactless to spend a small fortune without feeling like you have.

Some of my feelings on this may be down to being down to the bones of my arse on a few occasions so having a wedge of cash on me is reassuring.

All that said no problem with using cards at the ground but I'd rather have the option to choose.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024