Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest artistic letdown 14:05 - Jul 20 with 3228 viewsIllinoisblue

Music, TV, books… what’s been your biggest disappointment

Season 5 of The Wire

Second Coming - Stone Roses

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:13 - Jul 20 with 1597 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Terrence Trent D'arby's 2nd Album.

Every Terminator film since T2

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:17 - Jul 20 with 1587 viewsXYZ

Bob Dylan live in Finsbury Park c.1990
Biggest artistic letdown on 14:18 - Jul 20 with 1583 viewschicoazul

The end of Lost.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:20 - Jul 20 with 1568 viewshomer_123

The Who

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:21 - Jul 20 with 1575 viewsJ2BLUE

I am still so annoyed with the ending of GOT that it genuinely still makes me angry when I think about it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:25 - Jul 20 with 1558 viewsKeno

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:21 - Jul 20 by J2BLUE

I am still so annoyed with the ending of GOT that it genuinely still makes me angry when I think about it.

This

and the last episode of Line of Duty

Bergarac lost all credibility when he didn't run off with Pippa Vale

Most of anything written by Sebastian Faulks

and Ive never been able to under the last book of the Bible, its not a bad story but loses the post with the Revelation bit

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:38 - Jul 20 with 1514 viewschicoazul

It’s funny, the more I thought about it after I saw it the more it made sense. No it wasn’t the ending I wanted, but it was a good ending.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:38 - Jul 20 with 1514 viewsOldsmoker

The Magic Roundabout.
Stardom went to their heads.
Dylan was in rehab because of his drugs habit and Florence was obviously pregnant from her affair with Brian the snail.
Zebedee being another '70's TV personality that was brought to the attention of Operation Yewtree meant they couldn't continue.
Shame really.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:39 - Jul 20 with 1507 viewsJ2BLUE

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:38 - Jul 20 by chicoazul

It’s funny, the more I thought about it after I saw it the more it made sense. No it wasn’t the ending I wanted, but it was a good ending.

In what way did it make sense? Sadly I haven't got time to go into all the reasons it made no sense at all.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:41 - Jul 20 with 1501 viewschicoazul

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:39 - Jul 20 by J2BLUE

In what way did it make sense? Sadly I haven't got time to go into all the reasons it made no sense at all.

She was insane and traumatised, we watched her be abused and degraded for years and she always took extreme vengeance on her enemies. And Jon was fundamentally a good bloke who knew what would happen if he let her live; more bloodshed.

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:42 - Jul 20 with 1499 viewsCaptainAhab

I genuinely don't get the massive hate for the end of GOT.
Yes it was rushed and not nearly as good as the first few seasons, but I don't get why people were so incensed by it? Everything to my mind was tied up about as well as it could've been. Can you enlighten me?

One friend of mine explained to me the whole ending was PC woke garbage, not quite sure what he meant but he's always been a bit brexity. (Not suggesting for a second that applies to you btw, but he's the only person I know who really hated the ending with a passion.)
Biggest artistic letdown on 14:42 - Jul 20 with 1499 viewsMerseyBlue

Clearly not as good as the self-titled debut by some way, so in that sense I agree Second Coming was a disappointment, but I still thoroughly enjoy it.

I remember being a big fan of the debut albums of Franz Ferdinand and Kaiser Chiefs when I was a lad, and then being crushed with how poor the follow ups were.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:50 - Jul 20 with 1476 viewshoppy

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:18 - Jul 20 by chicoazul

The end of Lost.

I never got into that.

How did you find it?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:52 - Jul 20 with 1469 viewsArnoldMoorhen

It's got to be most Star Wars stuff of the last 25 years, but especially the ending of that last one. I'm not even going to say the name of it, because it annoys me so much. It really takes something to make The Phantom Menace not the most sh#t Star Wars movie.

And yet I keep going back.

Rogue One was good, though. And I quite liked Solo.

Oh, and The Mandalorian is good, if you can make the shift back into "wrap up a story inside an hour" telly, after years of complex, long form box sets.

See, I told you I keep going back.
Biggest artistic letdown on 14:53 - Jul 20 with 1465 viewsRobTheMonk

The way the DC extended TV universe went - mainly Arrow. First few seasons were great and then it just got crap.
Biggest artistic letdown on 14:56 - Jul 20 with 1456 viewsIllinoisblue

Good shout. It was poor and lazy.

62 - 78 - 81

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:57 - Jul 20 with 1449 viewsIllinoisblue

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:18 - Jul 20 by chicoazul

The end of Lost.

I recall that being must-watch TV. Watched em all and still have no clue what the fook it was all about

62 - 78 - 81

Biggest artistic letdown on 15:03 - Jul 20 with 1430 viewsDubtractor

The album Load by Metallica.

After the Black album, plus what came before, it was a steaming pile of poo.

The Manic Street Preachers post The Holy Bible.

Melon Collie and The Infinite Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins. A bloated ego project with just about enough decent material for a single album. Where it is bad, it is amazingly bad.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Biggest artistic letdown on 15:05 - Jul 20 with 1419 viewsMookamoo

The last season of Fargo
Biggest artistic letdown on 15:08 - Jul 20 with 1407 viewsDubtractor

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:52 - Jul 20 by ArnoldMoorhen

It's got to be most Star Wars stuff of the last 25 years, but especially the ending of that last one. I'm not even going to say the name of it, because it annoys me so much. It really takes something to make The Phantom Menace not the most sh#t Star Wars movie.

And yet I keep going back.

Rogue One was good, though. And I quite liked Solo.

Oh, and The Mandalorian is good, if you can make the shift back into "wrap up a story inside an hour" telly, after years of complex, long form box sets.

See, I told you I keep going back.

Agree with almost all of that. And solo is miles better than I thought it would be.

The newest 3 got worse with each film I think, and ultimately was just all over the place. Phantom Menace still ranks last though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Biggest artistic letdown on 15:20 - Jul 20 with 1384 viewsBergholtblue

The worst thing about GOT was that it deviated from the books.

The next worst thing was that the books didn't finish the story but was concluded with the TV series, that I stopped watching because of the above!

Poll: Adidas or Umbro?

Biggest artistic letdown on 15:28 - Jul 20 with 1362 viewsgtsb1966

Second coming is a superb album. ....imho.
Biggest artistic letdown on 15:34 - Jul 20 with 1342 viewsmutters

How wrong were the critics at the time? The Second Coming is an absolute cracking album, even with Squires LedZep love fest going on. There have been a number of music critics over the years who have said that they got it wrong. It was slated as it wasn't the same as their first album, but man what an album. It stands on its own two feet in my humble opinion

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Biggest artistic letdown on 15:34 - Jul 20 with 1340 viewsWeWereZombies

Pink Floyd, Knebworth 1975

They were probably quite good but the arena was so crowded and poorly serviced that nothing was remotely fun about the event...apart from Roy Harper, Captian Beefheart and The Steve Miller Band - when the arena wasn't so crowded.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Biggest artistic letdown on 15:35 - Jul 20 with 1333 viewsJosebadleg

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:42 - Jul 20 by CaptainAhab

I genuinely don't get the massive hate for the end of GOT.
Yes it was rushed and not nearly as good as the first few seasons, but I don't get why people were so incensed by it? Everything to my mind was tied up about as well as it could've been. Can you enlighten me?

One friend of mine explained to me the whole ending was PC woke garbage, not quite sure what he meant but he's always been a bit brexity. (Not suggesting for a second that applies to you btw, but he's the only person I know who really hated the ending with a passion.)

They rushed so much. The long night or whatever the episode was called should've been a lot better as in the previous episode, I thought they had wrapped up a lot of characters arcs nicely (Brianne, Jamie) and should have killed them off then rather than have them escape. That would not have happened in the first four seasons.
Dany should have been losing her mind a lot earlier, it was all of a sudden she turned. How they killed of varys was completely out of character for him as well.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 15:36]

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024