Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apologies if already posted 19:06 - Jul 20 with 1513 viewsArnoldMoorhen

But for those of you who run the town down, this will come as a surprise!

https://www.mylondon.news/whats-on/summer-holidays-surprising-historic-town-2106

Many of us from outside Ipswich know that every town centre has suffered since the 2008 crash and that, in contrast to many, Ipswich has had regeneration in that time which has made a positive impact.

This is quite an accolade!
Apologies if already posted on 19:20 - Jul 20 with 1407 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Don't want to poor cold water on your enthusiasm, but it seems the weather is the major factor rather than the quality of the town centre.

"But the most important factors are the weather at each location, including the average amount of sunshine and rainfall."

Even the most ardent supporter of Ipswich the town wouldn't describe it as the number one place in the country for a staycation.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Apologies if already posted on 19:27 - Jul 20 with 1364 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Apologies if already posted on 19:20 - Jul 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Don't want to poor cold water on your enthusiasm, but it seems the weather is the major factor rather than the quality of the town centre.

"But the most important factors are the weather at each location, including the average amount of sunshine and rainfall."

Even the most ardent supporter of Ipswich the town wouldn't describe it as the number one place in the country for a staycation.

Felixstowe came 5th. So you London types can pootle over and do both.

And there are 246 attractions in Ipswich. Didn't you read the article?

It's a lovely town with some decent restaurants and the finest football team the world has ever seen, so I'll stay in the town of Ipswich fanzone.
Apologies if already posted on 19:34 - Jul 20 with 1336 viewspointofblue

“There’s also loads to do in the town, with 246 attractions including museums, parks and zoos.”

Zoos??? Since when?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Apologies if already posted on 19:37 - Jul 20 with 1317 viewsWD19

Apologies if already posted on 19:34 - Jul 20 by pointofblue

“There’s also loads to do in the town, with 246 attractions including museums, parks and zoos.”

Zoos??? Since when?

They mean some of the estates.
Apologies if already posted on 20:09 - Jul 20 with 1239 viewsArnieM

The problem with Ipswich is the chronically poor management and in many cases total mismanagement ( £3m+ wasted on the Cornhill “ patio”) as an example, by the various councils that have run this town.

The two councils seem more focused on their constant disagreements and bickering on how best to run the county and the town. Political division seemingly the driving force - rather than what’s best for the town and area. The most recent example being the Tory MP stating he would not back any proposal by the town to apply for City status because “ the locals don’t want it”. This was based on a small poll . Strangely enough just days after his announcement, local businesses have said they would back any application and that the town would thrive if city status was ever conveyed upon it.

I lived a great many years in this town . It has gradual run down through habitual underinvestment, of misuse of what little money does come this town’s way . It’s the County Town and it breaks my heart to see how run down it has become . However , saying that , when I “ compare” it to other towns , there’s a lot about this town that is special. We have more green areas and trees per head of population than any other town. The waterfront is most definitely becoming the jewel in the crown , and the Maritime Ipswich event matches anything that is undertaken in East Anglia. Ipswich has an unbelievable Medieval history - links with Charles I, Cromwell, Cardinal Wolsey etc etc … but the powers that be who run and promote this town rarely seem to mention it if promote it with a business like manner. We have service industries just a hour from the London . Is that pushed , promoted ? I never been aware of it. Maybe we suffer from not having our own media based in the town ? All you ever hear on BBC or About ANGLIA is Norwich this or Norfolk that . Rarely is this town mentioned or promoted via the media.

This town CONSTANTLY undersells itself …… but I put that down to outrageously poor council management. We rarely seem to apply for funding. This town has so much potential - it just needs to be nurtured and developed . In many ways The parallels to Ipswich Town FC’s mismanagement is quite striking I think !

Anyway ….. just my thoughts on my town, and I’m really pleased to see someone somewhere has finally sat up and started to notice this town and area .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Apologies if already posted on 21:14 - Jul 20 with 1121 viewsfactual_blue

I hate to disappoint, but that piece has all the hallmarks of a PR release from Suffolk tourism.

There's no actual details of who voted, how they voted etc.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Apologies if already posted on 22:32 - Jul 20 with 996 viewsrfretwell

Wheres the zoo in Ipswich?
Apologies if already posted on 22:45 - Jul 20 with 965 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Apologies if already posted on 19:34 - Jul 20 by pointofblue

Zoos??? Since when?

I'm guessing that they are stretching the definition to include the "petting zoo" at Jimmy's Farm?
Login to get fewer ads

Apologies if already posted on 07:00 - Jul 21 with 804 viewsCoastalblue

Apologies if already posted on 22:32 - Jul 20 by rfretwell

Wheres the zoo in Ipswich?

Colchester

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Apologies if already posted on 09:05 - Jul 21 with 618 viewsMoisha

Apologies if already posted on 19:27 - Jul 20 by ArnoldMoorhen

Felixstowe came 5th. So you London types can pootle over and do both.

And there are 246 attractions in Ipswich. Didn't you read the article?

It's a lovely town with some decent restaurants and the finest football team the world has ever seen, so I'll stay in the town of Ipswich fanzone.

You get an uppie just for bringing in a good old football chant into your argument!!

Annnnd it’s Ippppssss-wichhh Town, Ipsss-wichh Towwwn FC…..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024