Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bigfoot, monster or myth? 21:48 - Jul 20 with 1068 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Or Yetis or Skunk Apes or what ever else you care to call them?

I'm saying Bigfoot 100% exists.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 23:15 - Jul 20 with 974 viewsStokieBlue

For Bigfoot, It's certainly possible given the vast amounts of forest across Canada and Russia but it's probably unlikely. A new great ape species was found in 2017 so some things to get missed.

The Yeti is interesting. A few years back there was a DNA study done on some samples and it turned out to be a bear. Interestingly though it was a species of polar bear that had been extinct for 10,000 years (might have been more). The speculation was that perhaps a small portion of these bears had survived and bred with Brown bears and thus the Yeti would be a weird looking bear.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 23:45 - Jul 20 with 947 viewsWeWereZombies

Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 23:15 - Jul 20 by StokieBlue

For Bigfoot, It's certainly possible given the vast amounts of forest across Canada and Russia but it's probably unlikely. A new great ape species was found in 2017 so some things to get missed.

The Yeti is interesting. A few years back there was a DNA study done on some samples and it turned out to be a bear. Interestingly though it was a species of polar bear that had been extinct for 10,000 years (might have been more). The speculation was that perhaps a small portion of these bears had survived and bred with Brown bears and thus the Yeti would be a weird looking bear.

SB

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 08:36 - Jul 21 with 837 viewsgordon

Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 23:15 - Jul 20 by StokieBlue

SB

The new Orangutan species was a bit different - it wasn't that a previously unknown population was discovered, just that an already well studied isolated population was found to be genetically distinct enough to be considered a separate species based on DNA analysis - this happens regularly in ecology and isn't really the same as eg Bigfoot existing and scientists not being aware of it
Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 08:38 - Jul 21 with 829 viewsKeno

Of course its real!!

There is even a documentary about that that lives with a family

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 09:08 - Jul 21 with 792 viewsmrshallisfit

Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 08:38 - Jul 21 by Keno

Of course its real!!

There is even a documentary about that that lives with a family

Jordan's family?
Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 09:10 - Jul 21 with 788 viewsKeno

Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 09:08 - Jul 21 by mrshallisfit

Jordan's family?

it wasn't the one I was thinking of, but a good call!

Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 09:12 - Jul 21 with 783 viewschicoazul

I dunno about that but the Suffolk Panther definitely is out there.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 09:19 - Jul 21 with 769 viewsStokieBlue

Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 08:36 - Jul 21 by gordon

The new Orangutan species was a bit different - it wasn't that a previously unknown population was discovered, just that an already well studied isolated population was found to be genetically distinct enough to be considered a separate species based on DNA analysis - this happens regularly in ecology and isn't really the same as eg Bigfoot existing and scientists not being aware of it

That is a good point on the Orangutan species, I had forgotten that was the case in that instance.

There was the case of the langurs in Myanmar discovered fairly recently which I believe were a new population?

I think the more interesting study was the yeti one with the very bizarre DNA analysis - incredibly strange and I didn't hear much more about it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 09:27 - Jul 21 with 754 viewsKeno

Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 09:19 - Jul 21 by StokieBlue

That is a good point on the Orangutan species, I had forgotten that was the case in that instance.

There was the case of the langurs in Myanmar discovered fairly recently which I believe were a new population?

I think the more interesting study was the yeti one with the very bizarre DNA analysis - incredibly strange and I didn't hear much more about it.

SB

do you mean this?

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/11/so-much-abominable-snowman-study-finds-y

Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 10:24 - Jul 21 with 722 viewsfergalsharkey

didnt bigfoot play a few games upfront for us in the mid noughties?

Poll: Cook out?

Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 10:57 - Jul 21 with 692 viewsBlue_Order

If Bigfoot’s a myth then my whole life might as well be too.
Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 11:46 - Jul 21 with 661 viewssolemio

Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 09:12 - Jul 21 by chicoazul

I dunno about that but the Suffolk Panther definitely is out there.

I think a gentleman from Belstead believed there was a Suffolk panther.
Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 11:49 - Jul 21 with 646 viewsElderGrizzly

From the weekend in Michigan

[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 11:50]
Bigfoot, monster or myth? on 13:15 - Jul 21 with 599 viewsleitrimblue

Bigfoots existence seems slightly more likely then laylines or aliens building pyramids
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024