Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travel 22:00 - Jul 20 with 1687 viewsvapour_trail

Looks like Spain and Greece will be following France onto the shiny new amber plus list.

Starting to think Johnson wanted to create a spike in bookings for the travel industry, with the intent all along to ensure people are quarantined on return.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Travel on 22:14 - Jul 20 with 1611 viewsEly_Blue

So long as they don’t pop Germany on that list in the next week as I have a business trip next week

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Travel on 06:35 - Jul 21 with 1463 viewsellerblue

Travel on 22:14 - Jul 20 by Ely_Blue

So long as they don’t pop Germany on that list in the next week as I have a business trip next week

I think you will find that here in Germany we are on the amber list, you can enter as long as you are double jabbed and can show proof but where it is unfair is I haven't seen my grandchildren for 2 years I have an international covoid certificate proof of double jabs but cannot enter uk without quarantine because they do not recognise it I have to have NHS covoid app, I think you will find that all eu states are on amber list makes you wonder is this brexit related 😡😡😡

Heinsberg Blue

Travel on 07:25 - Jul 21 with 1393 viewsStokieBlue

Travel on 06:35 - Jul 21 by ellerblue

I think you will find that here in Germany we are on the amber list, you can enter as long as you are double jabbed and can show proof but where it is unfair is I haven't seen my grandchildren for 2 years I have an international covoid certificate proof of double jabs but cannot enter uk without quarantine because they do not recognise it I have to have NHS covoid app, I think you will find that all eu states are on amber list makes you wonder is this brexit related 😡😡😡

Cases in France were up 150% last week, the R in Holland is currently >2. It's not surprising that a number of EU countries are on the amber list.

Let's not forget that being double jabbed doesn't mean you can't catch and pass on covid, the chances are just reduced.

The covid certificate you have is valid in the EU only. Lots of countries don't recognise things, for instance the US doesn't recognise AZ at all if I visit my grandma over there.

I do hope you get to see your grandchildren very soon though and that everyone else can see their families including myself but it unfortunately needs to be dictated by the data. For once I don't think these decisions are brexit related.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Travel on 07:32 - Jul 21 with 1366 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Oh b#gger, looks like I will be on the phone checking out cancellation rights as we can't afford 10 days isolation on top of a holiday.
Is a staycation in Bognor really any safer than self catering in Kefalonia though?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Travel on 07:34 - Jul 21 with 1354 viewslinhdi

Travel on 06:35 - Jul 21 by ellerblue

Agree it is wrong that UK double-jabbed can travel pretty freely (UK vax proof being widely accepted) but UK isn't accepting other countries' proofs. Especially when UK cases are sky high compared with elsewhere. I don't think it is Brexit -related - more standard British political games, to make just over half the population feel safe from foreign stuff.
Travel on 08:58 - Jul 21 with 1216 viewsellerblue

Travel on 07:25 - Jul 21 by StokieBlue

Cases in France were up 150% last week, the R in Holland is currently >2. It's not surprising that a number of EU countries are on the amber list.

Let's not forget that being double jabbed doesn't mean you can't catch and pass on covid, the chances are just reduced.

The covid certificate you have is valid in the EU only. Lots of countries don't recognise things, for instance the US doesn't recognise AZ at all if I visit my grandma over there.

I do hope you get to see your grandchildren very soon though and that everyone else can see their families including myself but it unfortunately needs to be dictated by the data. For once I don't think these decisions are brexit related.

SB

Thanks for youtr input mate have watched your posts re covoid and value your in depth knowledge, but to me it appears that the uk has decided on a blanket ban on eu countries no matter what there r rate is , agreed France and Netherlands figures are worrying so why not put them on the red list and stop uk travel to them but not penalise other eu countries who are controlling the rates? I say this tongue in cheek the uk is keep the foriegners out but go to there countries drink their beer etc and return home no problems

Heinsberg Blue

Travel on 09:21 - Jul 21 with 1157 viewsStokieBlue

Travel on 08:58 - Jul 21 by ellerblue

Thanks for youtr input mate have watched your posts re covoid and value your in depth knowledge, but to me it appears that the uk has decided on a blanket ban on eu countries no matter what there r rate is , agreed France and Netherlands figures are worrying so why not put them on the red list and stop uk travel to them but not penalise other eu countries who are controlling the rates? I say this tongue in cheek the uk is keep the foriegners out but go to there countries drink their beer etc and return home no problems

Totally agree that those countries should be on the red list but I also think perhaps now is not the best time to be travelling anywhere with cases as they are. I wouldn't be objecting if the EU enforced quarantine on all incoming UK passengers - in fact I think they probably should because proof of vaccination or a negative test clearly aren't stopping the spread.

I don't see why Brits should be allowed to go places and not quarantine but that is a decision for those countries.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Travel on 09:30 - Jul 21 with 1137 viewsXYZ

Travel on 07:32 - Jul 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

Oh b#gger, looks like I will be on the phone checking out cancellation rights as we can't afford 10 days isolation on top of a holiday.
Is a staycation in Bognor really any safer than self catering in Kefalonia though?

Heard on the radio yesterday that you still need a negative test to come back to the UK - if you go abroad on holiday and become positive, then you have to stay abroad and follow local rules until you get a negative to return to the UK.

Foreign holidays could get very expensive (and longer than anticipated).
Login to get fewer ads

Travel on 09:32 - Jul 21 with 1131 viewsSomethingBlue

Having booked 2.5 weeks in Antiparos and Koufonisia for August that'd be a blow. The test and release option after five days makes the quarantine much more bearable but it's not cheap at all.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Travel on 18:52 - Jul 21 with 988 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Travel on 09:30 - Jul 21 by XYZ

Heard on the radio yesterday that you still need a negative test to come back to the UK - if you go abroad on holiday and become positive, then you have to stay abroad and follow local rules until you get a negative to return to the UK.

Having done some further swatting up...
For Greece, no test is required before arrival if double vaccinated so in reality most of the plane will not have tested, however you may be tested on arrival and if positive, or sitting near someone who tests positive you get 10 days in a state funded quarantine hotel. I have a sneaky feeling that border control may be quite relaxed about testing but in light of the above it looks like we will be deferring to a later date (as Olympic offer this) and it's back to Waxham in the caravan (in the rain out likely!)
I had assumed that vaccinated or not pre flight testing would be a no brainer.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Travel on 19:28 - Jul 21 with 938 viewsElderGrizzly

Travel on 09:30 - Jul 21 by XYZ

Yep, there was some ‘Karen’ moaning about testing positive at the airport trying to return home to the UK and she was promptly shipped off to a Govt quarantine hotel in Majorca.

She was moaning as well that the British Embassy wouldn’t help her get home. She knew the rules/risks and we aren’t there for that.

Some tour companies cover you for the cost of that. Others won’t so you’ll have a hefty bill.
Travel on 20:13 - Jul 21 with 886 viewsvapour_trail

Travel on 19:28 - Jul 21 by ElderGrizzly

Yep, there was some ‘Karen’ moaning about testing positive at the airport trying to return home to the UK and she was promptly shipped off to a Govt quarantine hotel in Majorca.

She was moaning as well that the British Embassy wouldn’t help her get home. She knew the rules/risks and we aren’t there for that.

Some tour companies cover you for the cost of that. Others won’t so you’ll have a hefty bill.

What’s a Karen?

Travel on 20:56 - Jul 21 with 830 viewsElderGrizzly

Travel on 20:13 - Jul 21 by vapour_trail

What’s a Karen?

Definition: Karen is a pejorative slang term for an obnoxious, angry, entitled, and often racist middle-aged white woman who uses her privilege to get her way or police other people's behaviours.
Travel on 21:12 - Jul 21 with 799 viewsvapour_trail

Travel on 20:56 - Jul 21 by ElderGrizzly

Definition: Karen is a pejorative slang term for an obnoxious, angry, entitled, and often racist middle-aged white woman who uses her privilege to get her way or police other people's behaviours.

🙄

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024