Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Illegal immigrants" 09:10 - Jul 21 with 18560 viewsnoggin

It really pisses me off that so many news sources label these human beings as criminals. The criminals are the people smugglers and the politicians. Is it any wonder the public have such a xenophobic attitude to these poor people.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 9:14]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

"Illegal immigrants" on 16:35 - Jul 23 with 1469 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think it should also be noted that all the venom that this thread has brought out is simply in reaction to the suggestion that the language used to describe these refugees/asylum seekers and/or illegal immigrants is unhelpful.

If only those who spend so much angst on a few thousand people attempting to cross to the UK paid some attention to the literally billions of taxpayer money this Government pays to its mates in corrupt contracts, perhaps we might find a better solution to the problem as well.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

"Illegal immigrants" on 17:58 - Jul 23 with 1408 viewsnoggin

"Illegal immigrants" on 16:35 - Jul 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think it should also be noted that all the venom that this thread has brought out is simply in reaction to the suggestion that the language used to describe these refugees/asylum seekers and/or illegal immigrants is unhelpful.

If only those who spend so much angst on a few thousand people attempting to cross to the UK paid some attention to the literally billions of taxpayer money this Government pays to its mates in corrupt contracts, perhaps we might find a better solution to the problem as well.

"If only those who spend so much angst on a few thousand people attempting to cross to the UK paid some attention to the literally billions of taxpayer money this Government pays to its mates in corrupt contracts, perhaps we might find a better solution to the problem as well."

Amen to that.

"Illegal immigrants" on 18:14 - Jul 23 with 1387 viewsLord_Lucan

"Illegal immigrants" on 22:37 - Jul 22 by WeWereZombies

Your fourth paragraph about no one addressing the reasons of why asylum seekers leave France to try and reach the United KIngdom is not quite true. NthsuffolkBlue gave you an answer at 22:32 last night, Charlie_pl_Baxter at 22:39 and I gave a reply at 04:42 this morning (something a fraught day for me yesterday). I don't see a reply from you to any of these three posts on this thread I am afraid.

Apologies for not being on here since I posted last night, note to self, must do better.

We disagree, I am entitled to my opinion and you yours.

There is no point in going round in circles.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

"Illegal immigrants" on 18:34 - Jul 23 with 1346 viewsJ2BLUE

"Illegal immigrants" on 08:43 - Jul 23 by bluejacko

Look! they are arriving ILLEGALLY into this country.Most of them are not asylum seekers they are economic migrants chancing their arm on a dodgy crossing of the channel. We are supposed to be a a country of law and order so how many other laws do you ignore because it suits you?
How many hundreds have crossed this year alone putting yet more strain on local government to house them etc.
There are proper channels to go through to be granted asylum NOT land on a beach and disappear as it suits.

Why would economic migrants risk that crossing to come here and be a second class citizen with no rights or legal protections?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"Illegal immigrants" on 18:34 - Jul 23 with 1345 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 18:14 - Jul 23 by Lord_Lucan

Apologies for not being on here since I posted last night, note to self, must do better.

We disagree, I am entitled to my opinion and you yours.

There is no point in going round in circles.

That is fair enough, apart from the fact the comments referred to were posted around 24 hours before the comment you posted that he was replying to.

"Illegal immigrants" on 19:39 - Jul 23 with 1297 viewsbluejacko

"Illegal immigrants" on 18:34 - Jul 23 by J2BLUE

Why would economic migrants risk that crossing to come here and be a second class citizen with no rights or legal protections?

😂😂really?
"Illegal immigrants" on 19:43 - Jul 23 with 1287 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 19:39 - Jul 23 by bluejacko

😂😂really?

Care to actually answer to the question?

What do ILLEGAL immigrants (i.e. those with no right to be here) gain?

Or why would an economic migrant choose to enter the country by that means?

The evidence has been presented that these are not economic migrants and yet you still choose to ignore all the evidence and live with your own rhetoric.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 19:45]

"Illegal immigrants" on 19:47 - Jul 23 with 1276 viewsLord_Lucan

"Illegal immigrants" on 18:34 - Jul 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

That is fair enough, apart from the fact the comments referred to were posted around 24 hours before the comment you posted that he was replying to.

You want me to reply to every single comment? Are you in charge of the internet or something?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

"Illegal immigrants" on 19:55 - Jul 23 with 1253 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 19:47 - Jul 23 by Lord_Lucan

You want me to reply to every single comment? Are you in charge of the internet or something?

No but you stated that no one had answered your comment despite 3 separate people having done so.

"Illegal immigrants" on 19:58 - Jul 23 with 1231 viewsLord_Lucan

"Illegal immigrants" on 19:55 - Jul 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

No but you stated that no one had answered your comment despite 3 separate people having done so.

Oh did I, apologies. looking back I probably didn't think they warranted comment or weren't a direct reply. To be honest I couldn't even make head nor tail of your long winded thing.

"Illegal immigrants" on 20:00 - Jul 23 with 1221 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Illegal immigrants" on 19:58 - Jul 23 by Lord_Lucan

Oh did I, apologies. looking back I probably didn't think they warranted comment or weren't a direct reply. To be honest I couldn't even make head nor tail of your long winded thing.

Makes sense.

I will try to only write in S*n words for you.

"Illegal immigrants" on 20:02 - Jul 23 with 1215 viewsJ2BLUE

"Illegal immigrants" on 19:39 - Jul 23 by bluejacko

😂😂really?

Yes really.

Genuinely interested. No right to minimum wage, a liveable standard of accommodation, healthcare, time off, fair working hours, pension etc etc.

Doesn't seem worth risking your life for unless you are truly desperate.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"Illegal immigrants" on 21:55 - Jul 23 with 1160 viewsbazza

"Illegal immigrants" on 20:02 - Jul 23 by J2BLUE

Yes really.

Genuinely interested. No right to minimum wage, a liveable standard of accommodation, healthcare, time off, fair working hours, pension etc etc.

Doesn't seem worth risking your life for unless you are truly desperate.

Truly desperate to Escape France? .. If they are granted asylum, surely they will be entitled to all those things?
"Illegal immigrants" on 22:17 - Jul 23 with 1135 viewsnoggin

"Illegal immigrants" on 21:55 - Jul 23 by bazza

Truly desperate to Escape France? .. If they are granted asylum, surely they will be entitled to all those things?

You really don't care, do you?

"Illegal immigrants" on 22:32 - Jul 23 with 1111 viewsbazza

"Illegal immigrants" on 22:17 - Jul 23 by noggin

You really don't care, do you?

If your talking about absolutely anything you post, probably not.
"Illegal immigrants" on 22:32 - Jul 23 with 1111 viewsNewcyBlue

"Illegal immigrants" on 21:55 - Jul 23 by bazza

Somewhere out there, there’s a tree whose single purpose is to replace all of the oxygen that you waste….

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

"Illegal immigrants" on 22:34 - Jul 23 with 1101 viewsnoggin

"Illegal immigrants" on 22:32 - Jul 23 by bazza

If your talking about absolutely anything you post, probably not.

No, I mean about facts.

"Illegal immigrants" on 22:45 - Jul 23 with 1075 viewsbazza

"Illegal immigrants" on 22:34 - Jul 23 by noggin

No, I mean about facts.

The fact that 5-6 Herbert's spout bollox on a football forum.. and attack people who don’t agree with every thing they say.. no your right, I don’t care.
"Illegal immigrants" on 22:47 - Jul 23 with 1068 viewsnoggin

"Illegal immigrants" on 22:45 - Jul 23 by bazza

The fact that 5-6 Herbert's spout bollox on a football forum.. and attack people who don’t agree with every thing they say.. no your right, I don’t care.

You care enough to come here and make a fool of yourself.

"Illegal immigrants" on 23:01 - Jul 23 with 1036 viewsSeablu

"Illegal immigrants" on 19:55 - Jul 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Probably best to try again when he’s not totally out of his box.
Diary note for Tuesday maybe.
"Illegal immigrants" on 23:16 - Jul 23 with 1001 viewsbazza

"Illegal immigrants" on 22:47 - Jul 23 by noggin

You care enough to come here and make a fool of yourself.

As I said, absolutely nothing you post.
"Illegal immigrants" on 08:31 - Jul 24 with 901 viewsbluejacko

"Illegal immigrants" on 19:43 - Jul 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Care to actually answer to the question?

What do ILLEGAL immigrants (i.e. those with no right to be here) gain?

Or why would an economic migrant choose to enter the country by that means?

The evidence has been presented that these are not economic migrants and yet you still choose to ignore all the evidence and live with your own rhetoric.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 19:45]

Ok I will say it again! These ‘asylum’ seekers have come all the way across Europe to try and enter the UK “illegally”. If they are truly after asylum they have had lots of chances to apply in all those countries they have traveled through. Instead they see the UK as the land of milk and honey and risk the crossing to apply for the benefits that they will be granted as soon as they sign up with a ‘human rights’ lawyer! Ask the people of Dover,Folkestone and all along the Kent coast what impact this is having on their council’s and local services and I reckon not many will share your views.
Ask the lorry drivers who can’t stop within 100kms of Calais without the risk of stowaways and a £2000 fine per person if they are found on their lorry due to no fault of their own. I doubt they will share your views either.
Are you and your mates willing to put up some of these people at your expense and not mine or the other taxpayers who would rather see our money spent looking after own.I will hazard a guess and say probably not!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 8:33]
"Illegal immigrants" on 08:46 - Jul 24 with 883 viewsnoggin

"Illegal immigrants" on 08:31 - Jul 24 by bluejacko

Ok I will say it again! These ‘asylum’ seekers have come all the way across Europe to try and enter the UK “illegally”. If they are truly after asylum they have had lots of chances to apply in all those countries they have traveled through. Instead they see the UK as the land of milk and honey and risk the crossing to apply for the benefits that they will be granted as soon as they sign up with a ‘human rights’ lawyer! Ask the people of Dover,Folkestone and all along the Kent coast what impact this is having on their council’s and local services and I reckon not many will share your views.
Ask the lorry drivers who can’t stop within 100kms of Calais without the risk of stowaways and a £2000 fine per person if they are found on their lorry due to no fault of their own. I doubt they will share your views either.
Are you and your mates willing to put up some of these people at your expense and not mine or the other taxpayers who would rather see our money spent looking after own.I will hazard a guess and say probably not!

Only genuine asylum seekers are granted the right to remain. 'Illegal' immigrants receive nothing from the state. Clue's in the name 'illegal'
If you don't want your taxes to house asylum seekers, then you're a selfish arsehole. It's that simple.

"would rather see our money spent looking after own."

Which party did you vote for to look after your own people?
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 8:50]

"Illegal immigrants" on 09:02 - Jul 24 with 857 viewsWeWereZombies

[note to Phil - hope you appreciate that I have found a version that doesn't feature Kate Bush...]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

"Illegal immigrants" on 09:03 - Jul 24 with 857 viewsStokieBlue

"Are you and your mates willing to put up some of these people at your expense and not mine or the other taxpayers who would rather see our money spent looking after own"

It was only a matter of time until you went xenophobic.

Aren't we all humans? Some, such as yourself, are just luckier than others with regards to where they are born. You didn't do anything to earn your position as "one of our own" yet you're happy to lord it over those less fortunate.

In the end, helping these people is a minute amount of money for the 5th largest economy in the world.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024