Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cummings interview 10:35 - Jul 21 with 3821 viewsitfcjoe

What were peoples thoughts on it.......

Thought it was interesting - Cummings just says what most think about Boris, that he is just out of his depth, and if wasn't being a PM would be writing for the Telegraph criticising all the things he has reluctantly done.

Cummings doesn't seem to see any problem with himself though - he hates the system, wants to replace it, is happy to replace it with people he thinks are smarter.....but doesn't see that all he wants is a different system in his image, as opposed to the current one.

Very strange to listen to, clearly highly intelligent, but doesn't seem to be able to see the wood through the trees sometimes

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cummings interview on 10:39 - Jul 21 with 2438 viewsdavblue

Very intelligent but does he have emotional/social intelligence? Would the people he want's he be involved make a numbers decision rather than how that would effect x,y and x?

Would end up a bit robotic imo.
Cummings interview on 11:05 - Jul 21 with 2367 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Not sure he should be getting the airtime personally - hardly proved himself acting with integrity and it’s very one sided. He’s an odd one.

It’s so clear (and multiple other sources have set out) how dysfunctional no.10 is. Having read about Boris for years it was always quite obvious he wanted the position for status but little else. He’s a very clever bloke and has manoeuvred incredibly well to get in role.

Shame there’s still no credible alternative.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 11:11]
Cummings interview on 11:05 - Jul 21 with 2364 viewsmylittletown

I agree with some of his assessments, but overall I think he comes across as unhinged, with absolutely no coherent code of morals.
Cummings interview on 11:07 - Jul 21 with 2348 viewsParsley

Probably not as intelligent as he thinks he is. Good manipulator and refuses to take any blame for things that went on over the past few years whilst trying to make himself seem important
Cummings interview on 11:10 - Jul 21 with 2333 viewsEdwardStone

Horrible, smirking, dishonest skidmark

Utterly convinced of his own brilliance and enthralled by his own superiority

Evil little Gollum
Cummings interview on 11:15 - Jul 21 with 2299 viewsitfcjoe

Cummings interview on 11:05 - Jul 21 by PrideOfTheEast

Not sure he should be getting the airtime personally - hardly proved himself acting with integrity and it’s very one sided. He’s an odd one.

It’s so clear (and multiple other sources have set out) how dysfunctional no.10 is. Having read about Boris for years it was always quite obvious he wanted the position for status but little else. He’s a very clever bloke and has manoeuvred incredibly well to get in role.

Shame there’s still no credible alternative.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 11:11]

I just don't get the 'no credible alternative' point - there are credible alternatives in both the Labour party and the Conservative party

Cummings interview on 11:15 - Jul 21 with 2294 viewsOldsmoker

He seemed to suggest that the version of Brexit we have ended up with, isn't to his liking.
I too am upset that there are no Unicorns roaming the sunny uplands.
Think of all the selfies we could have had.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Cummings interview on 11:17 - Jul 21 with 2280 viewsFtnfwest

he is a bit odd, seems indifferent to having his ar*e saved (temporarily) over barnard castle affair
Login to get fewer ads

Cummings interview on 11:17 - Jul 21 with 2280 viewsclive_baker

He's a genuine psychopath and nothing he says should be given any credence.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cummings interview on 11:19 - Jul 21 with 2270 viewsTractorWood

I think he's incredibly talented at his very specific niche, which is being the top dog puppet master in the very specific field of British politics.

I don't think his skillset is as transferable as he thinks it is. I also think the latter stages where he was waffling about creating a party, or somehow assuming power was so utterly deluded. Again, probably from years of telling people the way things are when he holds all the cards.

Politics is funny, whether elected or not you can find yourself in a position of immeasurable power and influence. However, when you are out of the loop, you are totally worthless. And for now, Cummings is out of the loop and it really bugs him.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Cummings interview on 11:28 - Jul 21 with 2239 viewschicoazul

I don’t think anyone should pay attention to anything that man says. He holds everyone else in the world in utter contempt.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Cummings interview on 11:31 - Jul 21 with 2213 viewsvapour_trail

Cummings interview on 11:10 - Jul 21 by EdwardStone

Horrible, smirking, dishonest skidmark

Utterly convinced of his own brilliance and enthralled by his own superiority

Evil little Gollum

I initially read that as evil little guthrum, which I thought was a tad harsh.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Cummings interview on 11:33 - Jul 21 with 2205 viewsElderGrizzly

Cummings interview on 11:15 - Jul 21 by itfcjoe

I just don't get the 'no credible alternative' point - there are credible alternatives in both the Labour party and the Conservative party

A coalition alternative potentially

But to Joe's question overall, Cummings was there to ensure Boris did as he was told by the people who got Boris in power.

When Boris is no longer doing what they want, Cummings will show the receipts and Boris will no longer PM
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 11:34]
Cummings interview on 11:36 - Jul 21 with 2178 viewsheavyweight

I've only seen selected parts of the interview.

It is very clear that he thinks he is way above other people in terms of intelligence and being able to manipulate public opinion. Bizarre then that he seems to have zero self awareness.

The 'revelations' are not really a surprise, in that it's not really a big leap of imagination to realise that Boris is as chaotic as he appears.

Disappointed that BBC gave him airtime really and the manner in which they did it , giving credence that he is in anyway significant now.

Ps The talk of security issues at his house was all nonsense as that only came after Barnard castle.
Cummings interview on 11:37 - Jul 21 with 2171 viewsBlueNomad

The problem I have is that he is clearly a strange one but he says all the things I want to believe about Johnson and his miserable crew. It leaves me torn.
Cummings interview on 12:03 - Jul 21 with 2104 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I probably should have put credible and likely. Labour is an absolute shambles and has been for some time. Until they get a good leader not a lot will change. All the Corbyn nonsense set them back so much it’ll take several elections to resolve in my opinion
Cummings interview on 12:18 - Jul 21 with 2071 viewsmrshallisfit

Agree totally with this Joe. Starmer is credible but not very charismatic. But obviously for nearly 50% of the population lack of charisma is more of block to vote for someone than a lack of integrity, honesty and competence. Or is that there are other forces in play?Xenophobia and racism for example.
Cummings interview on 12:35 - Jul 21 with 2034 viewsEdwardStone

Cummings interview on 11:31 - Jul 21 by vapour_trail

I initially read that as evil little guthrum, which I thought was a tad harsh.

Guthrum isn't evil

He is one of the good guys....plus he always buys me a pint when we meet
Cummings interview on 12:36 - Jul 21 with 2028 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Cummings interview on 12:35 - Jul 21 by EdwardStone

Guthrum isn't evil

He is one of the good guys....plus he always buys me a pint when we meet

Classic evil move.
Cummings interview on 12:38 - Jul 21 with 2013 viewsVic

Cummings interview on 12:18 - Jul 21 by mrshallisfit

Agree totally with this Joe. Starmer is credible but not very charismatic. But obviously for nearly 50% of the population lack of charisma is more of block to vote for someone than a lack of integrity, honesty and competence. Or is that there are other forces in play?Xenophobia and racism for example.

“But obviously for nearly 50% of the population lack of charisma is more of block to vote for someone than a lack of integrity, honesty and competence.“

Charisma has always pretty much always been a key factor hasn’t it it’s not a new thing. Johnson’s character may be lower than most previous incumbants of #10, but I’m not sure. There is so much more scrutiny now and things come out that previously no one would have heard about. Eg, I don’t think The weasel Cummins would have been given BBC air time 20 years ago.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Cummings interview on 12:38 - Jul 21 with 2008 viewsTractorWood

Cummings interview on 11:36 - Jul 21 by heavyweight

I've only seen selected parts of the interview.

It is very clear that he thinks he is way above other people in terms of intelligence and being able to manipulate public opinion. Bizarre then that he seems to have zero self awareness.

The 'revelations' are not really a surprise, in that it's not really a big leap of imagination to realise that Boris is as chaotic as he appears.

Disappointed that BBC gave him airtime really and the manner in which they did it , giving credence that he is in anyway significant now.

Ps The talk of security issues at his house was all nonsense as that only came after Barnard castle.

He use to leak everything to Kuenssberg so it's a continuation of their mates not mates relationship.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Cummings interview on 12:59 - Jul 21 with 1952 viewsitfcjoe

Cummings interview on 12:18 - Jul 21 by mrshallisfit

I think a big problem here is that we've effectively gone to a 2 party system like in the US, but we have the Republican party in the Tories, but for the Democrats the vote is split between Labour, Lib Dem and Green.

As Labour seem to have become the metropolitan party, opposed to the party of working class areas - they seemingly have much more in common with LDs and Greens when you look at the key things at the moment as to where voters come from (i.e. highest education level awarded vs home ownership).

The recent by elections have effectively become Tories vs Lib Dem in Chesham and Amersham with Labour effectively stepping aside, and then vice versa happening in Batley and Spen (with Galloway just being a nuisance)

There needs to be some form of unofficial coalition between the parties with regards to tactical voting - similar to what Blair and Ashdown agreed - because sadly those on the left need to vote against the Tories rather than for the party that fits their beliefs best at times.....and that's before you get to Scotland

Cummings interview on 13:03 - Jul 21 with 1931 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

I guess most folk are too busy working, looking after children/grandchildren, gardening, on holiday, watching tele, down the pub, getting ITFC tickets, knitting, sunbathing, visiting other folk, shopping, and generally getting on with their lives to give more than a passing glance to this non-story.
Certainly in these political correct days, we have once and for all learnt that the saying 'hell hath no fury like a woman scorned' is true of all sexes.

Anger hurts the vessel it is poured from a lot more than the vessel it is poured into.
Cummings interview on 13:03 - Jul 21 with 1928 viewsMerseyBlue

Regardless of how credible his comments on Johnson may be, I can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. He's amplified a culture of lies and deception to a point where it is nearly impossible to discern fact from fiction. Johnson is a disgrace, but Cummings is a machiavellian overlord and the real enemy of the people.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Cummings interview on 13:12 - Jul 21 with 1876 viewsreusersfreekicks

Cummings interview on 11:33 - Jul 21 by ElderGrizzly

A coalition alternative potentially

But to Joe's question overall, Cummings was there to ensure Boris did as he was told by the people who got Boris in power.

When Boris is no longer doing what they want, Cummings will show the receipts and Boris will no longer PM
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 11:34]

Which people are these
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024