Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bishop to lincoln 11:17 - Jul 21 with 4192 viewsitfcjoe

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/bishop-set-for-lincoln-8166046

This is what I heard weeks and weeks ago, so was always surprised with MK interest - great move for him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bishop to lincoln on 11:19 - Jul 21 with 2631 viewsSomethingBlue

Yep, good move for him and Lincoln. Hadn't realised just how good their business has been so far. They will be up there again. MK this time too I expect. This season is going to be a hell of battle.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Bishop to lincoln on 11:19 - Jul 21 with 2613 viewsrayman_10

Also at the bottom of article says agreed fee with the scum for Gibbs… wonder what it is. Guessing 500k mark.

COYB

Bishop to lincoln on 11:20 - Jul 21 with 2598 viewsMrTown

Happy to see the back of him personally, but wish him the best of luck.

Town and Norwich agree a fee for Gibbs at the bottom of that article as well - another source of income there.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bishop to lincoln on 11:21 - Jul 21 with 2555 viewsclive_baker

He had 4 offers on the table last week. All in L1.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bishop to lincoln on 11:21 - Jul 21 with 2550 viewstrncbluearmy

he`s the one we should keep.

No problem facing any of the others who have gone or going, but a fit motivated Bishop will be a handful
Bishop to lincoln on 11:21 - Jul 21 with 2549 viewschicoazul

But TWTD hive mind said Fraser coming here was dependant on Bishop going the other way!!1!1!1 it’s almost as if

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Bishop to lincoln on 11:22 - Jul 21 with 2544 viewstractorboy1978

Be interested to know the fee. Whilst I appreciate it's not going to be substantial, you'd like to think it's more than nominal.
Bishop to lincoln on 11:23 - Jul 21 with 2517 viewspositivity

any fee? hope we get a sell-on clause just in case

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Login to get fewer ads

Bishop to lincoln on 11:23 - Jul 21 with 2498 viewsWallingford_Boy

Decent player, but needed a fresh start.

I wonder what sort of fee we got, £200k ish?

Clearly worth more, but the market is a little deflated at the moment, so wouldn't surprise me if we only got that much.

Clever business to get him under contract I guess, otherwise he'd have been a freebie!

RIP Sir Bobby

Bishop to lincoln on 11:24 - Jul 21 with 2470 viewsWD19

Bishop to lincoln on 11:22 - Jul 21 by tractorboy1978

Be interested to know the fee. Whilst I appreciate it's not going to be substantial, you'd like to think it's more than nominal.

I suspect there isn't one at all. Probably just agreement on a sell-on should his career reignite.
Bishop to lincoln on 11:24 - Jul 21 with 2475 viewsitfcjoe

Bishop to lincoln on 11:21 - Jul 21 by clive_baker

He had 4 offers on the table last week. All in L1.

I'd heard before play offs it would be Lincoln, but depended on whether they went up or not - so clearly been going on a while

Bishop to lincoln on 11:24 - Jul 21 with 2458 viewsclive_baker

I wonder if we can find Jackson a loan move at least, if not a permanent switch.

Wouldn't have thought it would be too long until Downes goes, at which point that really is the last of the gang.

Bishop to lincoln on 11:25 - Jul 21 with 2430 viewssolemio

I'm not sure that the Bishop of Lincoln would like this upstart Bishop.
Bishop to lincoln on 11:25 - Jul 21 with 2422 viewspositivity

Bishop to lincoln on 11:23 - Jul 21 by Wallingford_Boy

Decent player, but needed a fresh start.

I wonder what sort of fee we got, £200k ish?

Clearly worth more, but the market is a little deflated at the moment, so wouldn't surprise me if we only got that much.

Clever business to get him under contract I guess, otherwise he'd have been a freebie!

think he'd met a clause, so we had to keep him on, not sure if we'd have kept him on otherwise.

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Bishop to lincoln on 11:26 - Jul 21 with 2403 viewschicoazul

Bishop to lincoln on 11:23 - Jul 21 by positivity

Presume there will be some sort of small fee as he has a year left. I don’t think we took up contracts this summer for Bish etc to get fees though but to use the players as possible makeweights in deals.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Bishop to lincoln on 11:27 - Jul 21 with 2362 viewsWD19

Bishop to lincoln on 11:24 - Jul 21 by itfcjoe

I'd heard before play offs it would be Lincoln, but depended on whether they went up or not - so clearly been going on a while

That's interesting. So if they had gone up they wouldn't have considered him up to it?
Bishop to lincoln on 11:27 - Jul 21 with 2349 viewsitfcjoe

Bishop to lincoln on 11:26 - Jul 21 by chicoazul

Presume there will be some sort of small fee as he has a year left. I don’t think we took up contracts this summer for Bish etc to get fees though but to use the players as possible makeweights in deals.

Bishop's was automatically triggered due to appearances

Bishop to lincoln on 11:27 - Jul 21 with 2343 viewsKieran_Knows

Bishop to lincoln on 11:24 - Jul 21 by clive_baker

I wonder if we can find Jackson a loan move at least, if not a permanent switch.

Wouldn't have thought it would be too long until Downes goes, at which point that really is the last of the gang.

No point in a loan move for Jackson with a year left on his deal, unless a sizeable loan fee.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bishop to lincoln on 11:28 - Jul 21 with 2327 viewsclive_baker

Bishop to lincoln on 11:24 - Jul 21 by itfcjoe

It's a good move for him. Progressive club, strong side, not a million miles from Cambridge albeit too far to commute. MK Dons was a similar proposition in many respects, but I think Lincoln is a better move for him. Wycombe were interested too. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him tear it up there, he's been working hard in the off season to get himself into peak condition.

A shame for me, as I said all along since his chat with Cook. Baby and bathwater springs to mind with this one but oh well, got to trust the process and hope the new additions can take us on a level.

Bishop to lincoln on 11:30 - Jul 21 with 2278 viewsclive_baker

Bishop to lincoln on 11:27 - Jul 21 by Kieran_Knows

No point in a loan move for Jackson with a year left on his deal, unless a sizeable loan fee.

I just meant if we can't find a permanent home for him. There's less point him sitting here collecting a salary and not playing. I can't see any way back for him, so getting a couple of hundred grand off the wage bill might be seen as a win.

Still surprises me we extended his contract, I'll be surprised if we get a decent fee for him but who knows.

Bishop to lincoln on 11:30 - Jul 21 with 2267 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Bishop to lincoln on 11:19 - Jul 21 by SomethingBlue

Yep, good move for him and Lincoln. Hadn't realised just how good their business has been so far. They will be up there again. MK this time too I expect. This season is going to be a hell of battle.

they got 14 players in last yr also
Bishop to lincoln on 11:34 - Jul 21 with 2184 viewschicoazul

Bishop to lincoln on 11:27 - Jul 21 by itfcjoe

Bishop's was automatically triggered due to appearances

Ah right, cheers. Probably on balance had his best year for us last year since he first broke through! I wish we could have kept him but oh well.

Bishop to lincoln on 11:51 - Jul 21 with 2030 viewsMrTown

Bishop to lincoln on 11:27 - Jul 21 by Kieran_Knows

If a loan side was willing to pay % of salary, would still be more beneficial than him sitting out his contract here and Town pay 100% of salary.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bishop to lincoln on 11:56 - Jul 21 with 1987 viewsjayessess

Bishop to lincoln on 11:23 - Jul 21 by positivity

Four teams interested and we know both MK Dons (Fraser) and Lincoln (Grant) got money in the door recently. I'd be surprised if we didn't get a modest fee at least.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Bishop to lincoln on 11:58 - Jul 21 with 1968 viewsrayman_10

Bishop to lincoln on 11:51 - Jul 21 by MrTown

If a loan side was willing to pay % of salary, would still be more beneficial than him sitting out his contract here and Town pay 100% of salary.

Ideally I think we need to get him gone permanently. Unfortunately, I can’t see anyone paying what he’s ‘valued’ which I’m guessing now is between the 250-500k mark. It still shocks me we never took the money offered last year. I can only see him leaving in a swap deal. Hopefully, if anyone is interested in Jackson, they have a player who suits us. Part of me was fully expecting him to go back to Accrington and Bishop coming this was with us paying a couple of hundred thousand on top. Obviously the last position we need is a striker so that’s out there window.

COYB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024