Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Study on Indian excess deaths 19:52 - Jul 21 with 611 viewsStokieBlue

During the peak of the delta variant in India the doctors were saying the official numbers were nonsense but this excess deaths study which has been released really shows the truly horrible scale of what we saw in India.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-57888460.amp

Excess deaths running at x10 the official C19 death rate and somewhere between 3.7m and 4.7m.

Truly awful.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Study on Indian excess deaths on 19:59 - Jul 21 with 571 viewsWeWereZombies

So is it reasonable to assume that the true number of Covid-19 related deaths now stands above eight million, and that India accounts for more than half of them?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Study on Indian excess deaths on 20:07 - Jul 21 with 525 viewsStokieBlue

Study on Indian excess deaths on 19:59 - Jul 21 by WeWereZombies

So is it reasonable to assume that the true number of Covid-19 related deaths now stands above eight million, and that India accounts for more than half of them?

I would think it's reasonable to assume it's higher than 8m.

I wouldn't trust the numbers out of any the South American countries and we know that Russia admitted their numbers were essentially made up and the excess data in Mexico were at least double the official figures.

It's not good :(.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Study on Indian excess deaths on 20:11 - Jul 21 with 484 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Study on Indian excess deaths on 20:07 - Jul 21 by StokieBlue

I would think it's reasonable to assume it's higher than 8m.

I wouldn't trust the numbers out of any the South American countries and we know that Russia admitted their numbers were essentially made up and the excess data in Mexico were at least double the official figures.

It's not good :(.

SB

And to extrapolate data from very different situations and apply globally would be a dangerous way to measure it.

I think a global figure would need the same careful analysis that this study has clearly applied to India.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024