Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Youth teamers potentially with first team 08:27 - Jul 22 with 1882 viewsitfcjoe

Some of these may be injured, but these are the players who didn't play last night for 23s or 18s:

Obvious ones who are realistically in the first team:
El Mizouni
Dobra
Ndaba

Others:
Levi Andoh
Dylan Crowe
Bailey Clements
Thomas Hughes
Tyreece Simpson
Bert White
Collin Oppong
Matt Healy
Zanda Siziba
Brooklyn Kabongolo
Cameron Stewart
Fraser Alexander
Matt Ward
Albie Armin
Cameron Humphreys

I haven't looked at training videos too closely - but Armin, Humphreys, Clements, Simpson, Ward, Healy and Siziba are definitely training there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 08:38 - Jul 22 with 1792 viewsHackneyblueboy

I suspect that's just to make up the numbers Joe seeing as we're short. Would be nice if one or two of the home grown boys featured under PC though as he seems to almost disregard the academy. Maybe he just thinks the last crop wasnt good enough but maybe he has a different view on the new ones coming through.
Youth teamers potentially with first team on 08:45 - Jul 22 with 1738 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Bert White sounds like a WW2 Gunner.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 08:45 - Jul 22 with 1746 viewsitfcjoe

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 08:38 - Jul 22 by Hackneyblueboy

I suspect that's just to make up the numbers Joe seeing as we're short. Would be nice if one or two of the home grown boys featured under PC though as he seems to almost disregard the academy. Maybe he just thinks the last crop wasnt good enough but maybe he has a different view on the new ones coming through.

More often that not, youth team players opportunities are to make the numbers up - but it gets the staffs eyes on them and an opportunity to impress.

Sounds as though Armin and Humphreys especially are doing well

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 08:47 - Jul 22 with 1718 viewsKieran_Knows

Think Antoni Bort & Bert White will be 3rd choice keepers between them this season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 08:49 - Jul 22 with 1690 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What do you mean "he seems to almost disregard the academy"? He's only been in charge of a handful of games at the tail end of the season.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 08:55 - Jul 22 with 1666 viewsitfcjoe

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 08:47 - Jul 22 by Kieran_Knows

Think Antoni Bort & Bert White will be 3rd choice keepers between them this season.

I haven't seen White at all this summer, not even convinced I've seen confirmation he signed his contract?

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 08:56 - Jul 22 with 1647 viewschicoazul

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 08:47 - Jul 22 by Kieran_Knows

Bert White?? What a fantastic name. I want to shake his dad by the hand.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 09:02 - Jul 22 with 1606 viewsPhilTWTD

That is how it is, I believe. Those involved with the first team to make up the numbers haven't been involved with the U23s for Covid reasons. Shouldn't indicate they're close to first-team involvement once the season's up and running.
Login to get fewer ads

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 09:03 - Jul 22 with 1585 viewsGuthrum

Anyone aged under 20 does not count for limit on the outfield squad size. The previous crop of Academy graduates (Nydam, Lankester, etc.) are too old to slip under that bar, but the present Youth can provide a useful pool of reinforcements without constraining the primary First Team options.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 09:14 - Jul 22 with 1510 viewsBeckets

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 09:03 - Jul 22 by Guthrum

Anyone aged under 20 does not count for limit on the outfield squad size. The previous crop of Academy graduates (Nydam, Lankester, etc.) are too old to slip under that bar, but the present Youth can provide a useful pool of reinforcements without constraining the primary First Team options.

It’s anybody aged under 21 at 31 December 2020 for this season so Jack wouldn’t have counted towards squad size this season; Nydam would. El Miz and Dobra don’t count this season either.
Youth teamers potentially with first team on 09:33 - Jul 22 with 1387 viewsSitfcB

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 08:55 - Jul 22 by itfcjoe

I haven't seen White at all this summer, not even convinced I've seen confirmation he signed his contract?

Had an option of another year so must’ve taken it?

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/town-sign-albert-white/

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 09:47 - Jul 22 with 1313 viewsGuthrum

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 09:14 - Jul 22 by Beckets

It’s anybody aged under 21 at 31 December 2020 for this season so Jack wouldn’t have counted towards squad size this season; Nydam would. El Miz and Dobra don’t count this season either.

Indeed. It's a very fiddly rule and (as Joe pointed out) inconsistent with the other age boundaries in football.

Lankester was a bad example, really, as I think he's more out because of his injury and not having recovered form afterwards, than on age alone. El Mizouni and Dobra are both being persisted with.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 10:49 - Jul 22 with 1127 viewsKeno

Id be so happy to see Healy in the 1st team!!

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 10:58 - Jul 22 with 1088 viewsSwansea_Blue

Out of the ‘others’, who are the ones the club are excited about? Any potential rising stars to keep an eye on? I’ve heard of a few of them (Crowe, Simpson, Oppong, Stewart), but know very little about any of them tbh.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 11:01 - Jul 22 with 1057 viewsclive_baker

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 10:49 - Jul 22 by Keno

Matt Healy is a pleasure.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 11:02 - Jul 22 with 1050 viewsfranz_tyson

Wasn’t there rumours that Dylan Crowe’s contract had been settled up? Has he a future here?
Youth teamers potentially with first team on 11:05 - Jul 22 with 1037 viewsitfcjoe

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 11:02 - Jul 22 by franz_tyson

Wasn’t there rumours that Dylan Crowe’s contract had been settled up? Has he a future here?

I think he's been told he can leave, whether he does or not is a different matter

Subsequently discovered he was due to play for 23s last night, but didn't in the end - so that's where he currently is

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 11:08 - Jul 22 with 1020 viewsPhilTWTD

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 11:05 - Jul 22 by itfcjoe

I think he's been told he can leave, whether he does or not is a different matter

Subsequently discovered he was due to play for 23s last night, but didn't in the end - so that's where he currently is

I asked earlier in pre-season and was told he'd been training with them. I think a lot of them only returned to training on Monday after their spell self-isolating so some may not have been considered ready for a game last night.
Youth teamers potentially with first team on 11:41 - Jul 22 with 934 viewsleitrimblue

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 10:49 - Jul 22 by Keno

Same here
Youth teamers potentially with first team on 11:44 - Jul 22 with 920 viewsKieran_Knows

Youth teamers potentially with first team on 08:55 - Jul 22 by itfcjoe

He was certainly training with the first team the other week (before Hladky signed).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024