Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are supermarkets really running out of food? 13:19 - Jul 22 with 6134 viewsIllinoisblue

How bad is it in Ipswich? Or is this just media hype?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:20 - Jul 22 with 3276 viewsElderGrizzly

No. They simply don't have the staff to fill shelves in some locations due to the self-isolation issue.

Of course, the media showing empty shelves will prompt people to panic and create more of an issue.
Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:21 - Jul 22 with 3254 viewsvapour_trail

I’m isolating until Saturday and am wondering what post-apocalyptic world I am about to re-engage with. Rest assured I will quickly buy every bog roll I can get my hands on.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:21 - Jul 22 with 3252 viewshomer_123

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:20 - Jul 22 by ElderGrizzly

No. They simply don't have the staff to fill shelves in some locations due to the self-isolation issue.

Of course, the media showing empty shelves will prompt people to panic and create more of an issue.

Although there is also a shortage of drivers to deliver as well. Although BidFood are encouraging those that are pinged to still come into work after negative testing.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:24 - Jul 22 with 3234 viewsElderGrizzly

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:21 - Jul 22 by homer_123

Although there is also a shortage of drivers to deliver as well. Although BidFood are encouraging those that are pinged to still come into work after negative testing.

Agree, but my point was that the manager I spoke to yesterday said the warehouse at the back has the stock, he just didn't have the people to fill up the shelves.

Right now it isn't an issue of HGV shortage, but it is going to bite us soon.
Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:26 - Jul 22 with 3205 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:24 - Jul 22 by ElderGrizzly

Agree, but my point was that the manager I spoke to yesterday said the warehouse at the back has the stock, he just didn't have the people to fill up the shelves.

Ah, so we do need to panic buy after all?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:26 - Jul 22 with 3198 viewsElderGrizzly

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:26 - Jul 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

Ah, so we do need to panic buy after all?

Well yes, or the media might have to report real news.
Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:32 - Jul 22 with 3134 viewsfactual_blue

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:21 - Jul 22 by vapour_trail

I’m isolating until Saturday and am wondering what post-apocalyptic world I am about to re-engage with. Rest assured I will quickly buy every bog roll I can get my hands on.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:41 - Jul 22 with 3077 viewsChiefXL

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:24 - Jul 22 by ElderGrizzly

Hate to break it to you old boy but your last point isn't true, there is a shortage. A severe one
Login to get fewer ads

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:44 - Jul 22 with 3042 viewsMerseyBlue

I'm not having any issues with my deliveries, however, I spoke to my parents and they've been struggling to pick things up in the shops for the last week or two. As ElderGrizzly says, it seems to be a shortage of staff due to isolation, rather than a shortage of stock.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:48 - Jul 22 with 3007 viewsElderGrizzly

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:41 - Jul 22 by ChiefXL

Hate to break it to you old boy but your last point isn't true, there is a shortage. A severe one

What I meant is it isn't the reason for the 'shortage' being seen on shelves
Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:48 - Jul 22 with 3006 viewsLeaky

Your to late bought them all ready to sell on ebay.
Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:49 - Jul 22 with 3005 viewsOldsmoker

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:41 - Jul 22 by ChiefXL

There isn't an HGV shortage.
Plenty of trucks but few drivers.
Govt. have changed Elf&Safety rules to increase number of hours an HGV driver can drive per day to solve it.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:50 - Jul 22 with 2992 viewsChiefXL

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:48 - Jul 22 by ElderGrizzly

Ah I see
Debatable as it's a very nuanced subject but ok
Sod it..... on 13:52 - Jul 22 with 2975 viewsBloots

....I'm off to Asda to buy 300 rolls of crapping paper and half a tonne of pasta just in case!

Viva Boris!!!!

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:54 - Jul 22 with 2957 viewsEly_Blue

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:20 - Jul 22 by ElderGrizzly

At the same time as the same media report on “please don’t panic buy”

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 14:00 - Jul 22 with 2926 viewsDerehamBlue

I’m a lorry driver delivering food to distribution centres
Yes there is a driver shortage but also we can be stuck in the depots for up to 5-6 hours in some places waiting to get unloaded, there is a staff shortage due to the pingdemic in the depots but also drivers are having to leave unloaded because they are also running out of work time that is also a reason why food is being dumped in some cases due to out of date items
Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 14:03 - Jul 22 with 2891 viewsWeWereZombies

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 13:48 - Jul 22 by ElderGrizzly

I got what you were saying, I think Chief XL thought you were saying there is no shortage of HGV drivers (TangledUpInBlue will be the better source for that, I reckon) which was not the point you were making, i.e. that there are generally enough supplies at the shops at the moment regardless of the current state of deliveries, just not enough people to get the stuff out of the stockroom and onto the shelves that have been emptied, which is not all of the shelves either - bread, for example, was plentiful when I was in the Co-op yesterday.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 14:04 - Jul 22 with 2893 viewsSteve_M

There's definitely been odd gaps on shelves over the last couple of months, particular products not being available for ages, and these seem to have increased. Not a crisis or anything of the sort (yet) and many issues are probably localised.

There's a wider issue of transport which is much more Brexit-related as cross-border trade is less convenient and just not worth the hassle for a lot of drivers at the moment :

https://orynski.eu/20-reasons-why-there-is-shortage-of-drivers-in-the-uk/

This now looks like a structural problem, certainly whilst Johnson allows David Frost to keep trying to re-negotiate his own deal.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 14:09 - Jul 22 with 2859 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You jest (at least I hope you do) but I remember several on here during lockdown one admitting to bulk buying loo rolls when it wasn't necessary (and subsequently proved so).

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 14:12 - Jul 22 with 2837 viewsITFC_RDM

There is definitely a lack of fresh fruit and veg in my local supermarkets
Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 14:15 - Jul 22 with 2807 viewsvapour_trail

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 14:09 - Jul 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

You jest (at least I hope you do) but I remember several on here during lockdown one admitting to bulk buying loo rolls when it wasn't necessary (and subsequently proved so).

I always bulk buy loo roll dollers, it’s the most cost effective way to keep all the thrones in vapour towers well resourced.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 14:20 - Jul 22 with 2785 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 14:15 - Jul 22 by vapour_trail

I always bulk buy loo roll dollers, it’s the most cost effective way to keep all the thrones in vapour towers well resourced.

I mean more-so than usual obviously, because of the pandemic and panicking like a ninny.

How many thrones do you have FFS?!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 14:37 - Jul 22 with 2732 viewsRyorry

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 14:04 - Jul 22 by Steve_M

There's definitely been odd gaps on shelves over the last couple of months, particular products not being available for ages, and these seem to have increased. Not a crisis or anything of the sort (yet) and many issues are probably localised.

There's a wider issue of transport which is much more Brexit-related as cross-border trade is less convenient and just not worth the hassle for a lot of drivers at the moment :

https://orynski.eu/20-reasons-why-there-is-shortage-of-drivers-in-the-uk/

This now looks like a structural problem, certainly whilst Johnson allows David Frost to keep trying to re-negotiate his own deal.

There are certainly some serious shortages of medical supplies, but that's been the case for months.

My regular tablets for gut problem, which have to be uncoated due to allergies, have been very hard for the chemist to source.

One of the essential ingredients to make supportive moulds for toes as protection against corns, comes exclusively from Germany, and my local NHS podiatry services haven't been able to get hold of any for 6 months. This probably sounds quite funny to anyone who's never had corns & spends most of the time on their feet ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 14:38 - Jul 22 with 2728 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

I work for a very well known supermarket in London and we have excellent levels of stock available.

One or two lines appear to be affected, for example, large multi-packs of bottled water (24 or 30), and the same for fizzy water.

Fresh food, fruit, baby products, vegetables, meat, milk, tinned products, toilet rolls, cereals, ready meals - all of these items (and many many more) are well stocked.

I have not noticed any panic buying, however if the media keeps on pushing the 'do not panic buy' message, this may not continue for long...
Are supermarkets really running out of food? on 14:47 - Jul 22 with 2664 viewsghostofescobar

Absolutely zero butt plugs in my supermarket. Asked the staff and they looked at me like I was mad. Terrible service! What is the world coming to!

GhostOfEscobar

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024