Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NHS 3% pay rise 14:20 - Jul 22 with 1443 viewsgtsb1966

This is a quote from the BBC news website. Could someone please explain to me how this doesn't impact on services if it is coming from within the NHS budget.

And the prime minister's spokesman painted a slightly different picture of how the 3% rise would be paid for. “It will be funded from within the NHS budget but we’re very clear it won't impact frontline services.”
NHS 3% pay rise on 14:25 - Jul 22 with 1384 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

"Reorganisations" (aka redundancies) perhaps. It would also depend, I suppose, on one's definition of what constitutes a frontline service.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

NHS 3% pay rise on 14:26 - Jul 22 with 1380 viewsJ2BLUE

That's right Tories, stand outside clapping getting your photo opportunities and then take the piss out of both the staff and the public when they're pretending covid is all over.

Scum.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

NHS 3% pay rise on 14:27 - Jul 22 with 1359 viewsSteve_M

It is spin and means that the government will be able to blame staff when the inevitable result is more cuts to the operation of the NHS.

The NHS is struggling because of a decade of 'austerity' compounded by the pandemic, the sleight of hand in the quote ignores that 'frontline services' don't function so well when other bits of the NHS don't have enough money to function. See also Social Care, the cuts to which explain a lot of the wider impact on the NHS.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

NHS 3% pay rise on 14:28 - Jul 22 with 1354 viewsCoco

clever accounting with pensions, redundancies and inflation. All probably mean gov are saving money and key workers are getting a real time rise of about 0.5% or nothing at all.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

NHS 3% pay rise on 14:29 - Jul 22 with 1340 viewstractordownsouth

If the pension increase is higher than the pay rise then it's a joke.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

NHS 3% pay rise on 15:01 - Jul 22 with 1227 viewsBasuco

Staff parking and accommodation charges will be raised significantly to claw back most of the pay increase.
NHS 3% pay rise on 15:06 - Jul 22 with 1210 viewsgtsb1966

NHS 3% pay rise on 15:01 - Jul 22 by Basuco

Staff parking and accommodation charges will be raised significantly to claw back most of the pay increase.

Staff parking is being abolished at Ipswich hospital I'm led to believe. That could put female nurses at risk if they leave off late at night and have to walk to their cars parked down a side street. Only a very small risk I know but a risk all the same.
NHS 3% pay rise on 15:36 - Jul 22 with 1126 viewsnoggin

Still below the predicted rise in inflation and so a real terms pay cut. Don't believe the hype.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

NHS 3% pay rise on 15:39 - Jul 22 with 1114 viewsBlueBadger

NHS 3% pay rise on 14:26 - Jul 22 by J2BLUE

That's right Tories, stand outside clapping getting your photo opportunities and then take the piss out of both the staff and the public when they're pretending covid is all over.

Scum.

Yes, but THE LABOUR PARTY

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

NHS 3% pay rise on 15:41 - Jul 22 with 1110 viewsMullet

NHS 3% pay rise on 15:36 - Jul 22 by noggin

Still below the predicted rise in inflation and so a real terms pay cut. Don't believe the hype.

There’s also another freeze for teachers bar £250 for the youngest/ lowest paid. That will drive out older, experienced and better teachers yet again which then means the lowest quality schools are getting left even further behind.

Nice of it to be talked about as the holidays arrive too eh?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

NHS 3% pay rise on 17:00 - Jul 22 with 991 viewsDarth_Koont

NHS 3% pay rise on 15:39 - Jul 22 by BlueBadger

Yes, but THE LABOUR PARTY

To be fair, Labour were no help at all.

Although you could say the same about them for the past year or more. Utterly devoid of policies, principles or appeal.

Pronouns: He/Him

NHS 3% pay rise on 17:21 - Jul 22 with 952 viewsRadioOrwell

It might impact services. But that's the idea. Underfund the NHS. Make it fail. Argue that it needs to be privatised. Sell it off. Laugh all the way to the bank.
NHS 3% pay rise on 17:48 - Jul 22 with 888 viewsfactual_blue

NHS 3% pay rise on 15:41 - Jul 22 by Mullet

There’s also another freeze for teachers bar £250 for the youngest/ lowest paid. That will drive out older, experienced and better teachers yet again which then means the lowest quality schools are getting left even further behind.

Nice of it to be talked about as the holidays arrive too eh?

Yeah, but you get the holidays though....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

NHS 3% pay rise on 18:29 - Jul 22 with 813 viewsfactual_blue

NHS 3% pay rise on 17:21 - Jul 22 by RadioOrwell

It might impact services. But that's the idea. Underfund the NHS. Make it fail. Argue that it needs to be privatised. Sell it off. Laugh all the way to the bank.

That would only be true if the government were a bunch of greedy, self-serving libertarians though.

Oh.....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

NHS 3% pay rise on 22:07 - Jul 22 with 714 viewsslaughteredskipper

NHS 3% pay rise on 17:48 - Jul 22 by factual_blue

Yeah, but you get the holidays though....

Some of them. Some of them we are still in working to support critical workers/vulnerable children. Finished yesterday spent most of today in school preparing for summer work by clearing the entire hall into a container. I suspect you're fishing but I'm tired and irritable!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024