Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Take a bow Ed Miliband 20:31 - Jul 22 with 2749 viewsRyorry

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 20:36 - Jul 22 with 2302 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah, but he can’t eat a bacon sandwich can he?

Miliband is obviously right, but Johnson ‘won’ by selling a lie to gullible people. So he’s the one in No 10 and had the last laugh. Depressing as that is.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 20:47 - Jul 22 with 2228 viewsfactual_blue

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 20:36 - Jul 22 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, but he can’t eat a bacon sandwich can he?

Miliband is obviously right, but Johnson ‘won’ by selling a lie to gullible people. So he’s the one in No 10 and had the last laugh. Depressing as that is.

And, in particular, he can't eat a bacon sandwich made from NI bacon.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 20:49 - Jul 22 with 2206 viewstractordownsouth

This clip is from the Internal Market Bill debate in September but it was indeed a very impressive performance.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 20:56 - Jul 22 with 2183 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I thought BJ was isolating?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 21:09 - Jul 22 with 2113 viewsIllinoisblue

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 20:56 - Jul 22 by The_Romford_Blue

Never mind. Old clip
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 21:11]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 21:11 - Jul 22 with 2099 viewsMullet

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 21:09 - Jul 22 by Illinoisblue

Never mind. Old clip
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 21:11]

Hiding from the stunning Dawn Butler performance innit

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 21:24 - Jul 22 with 2031 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 21:11 - Jul 22 by Mullet

"I will never stop speaking truth to power!"

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/labour-mp-asked-to-leave-the-commons-after

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 21:46 - Jul 22 with 1912 viewsDarth_Koont

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 21:11 - Jul 22 by Mullet

Stefanovic is right overall but gets the end bit wrong.

It will have restored the faith of many in certain politicians and their values DESPITE a broken political system. A system where you can lie with impunity but get removed from the debate for calling out those lies for what they are is a truly broken system.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:03 - Jul 22 with 1820 viewsvapour_trail

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 20:56 - Jul 22 by The_Romford_Blue

He is. That exchange is months old, unsure why it’s been posted.

The Dawn Butler clip from today is worth a watch. How fcked up are our politics when she gets removed from the house for calling out Johnson’s incessant lies, for highlighting the fact - fact - that he tells lies.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:07 - Jul 22 with 1800 viewsMullet

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:03 - Jul 22 by vapour_trail

He is. That exchange is months old, unsure why it’s been posted.

The Dawn Butler clip from today is worth a watch. How fcked up are our politics when she gets removed from the house for calling out Johnson’s incessant lies, for highlighting the fact - fact - that he tells lies.

He's an odious coward. Flanked and insulated by odious cowards and reliant on the gullible, scared and vulnerable to back him.

The saddest part is that he and his enablers will not see the inside of a jail cell.

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:11 - Jul 22 with 1774 viewsvapour_trail

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:07 - Jul 22 by Mullet

He's an odious coward. Flanked and insulated by odious cowards and reliant on the gullible, scared and vulnerable to back him.

The saddest part is that he and his enablers will not see the inside of a jail cell.

Why should he when Blair is a free man?

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:19 - Jul 22 with 1739 viewsMullet

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:11 - Jul 22 by vapour_trail

A case to answer for Blair would be under international law and more akin to Milosevic where there is clearer cut guilt.

Our own judiciary should be able to convict Johnson et al. from the dubious lies to Liz, to the contracts corruption and negligent loss of life on his watch at a domestic level.

I'd say the two are inverse of one another in pretty much every way. The perception of guilt as far as Blair is concerned seems more down to lay interpretations of the law through moral judgements.

In some ways it would be beneficial to see Blair forced to defend himself through due process, but as much as you won't like it, he's probably able to argue fairly easily that his actions weren't likely to see him convicted.

For little Alexander it seems much clearer that criminality has happened, but the key whistleblower is just as much of a scumbag and should be sat alongside him and the rest of the gang. The idea that either could ever address parliament after lying is at the heart of it without doubt.

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:20 - Jul 22 with 1734 viewsvapour_trail

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:19 - Jul 22 by Mullet

A case to answer for Blair would be under international law and more akin to Milosevic where there is clearer cut guilt.

Our own judiciary should be able to convict Johnson et al. from the dubious lies to Liz, to the contracts corruption and negligent loss of life on his watch at a domestic level.

I'd say the two are inverse of one another in pretty much every way. The perception of guilt as far as Blair is concerned seems more down to lay interpretations of the law through moral judgements.

In some ways it would be beneficial to see Blair forced to defend himself through due process, but as much as you won't like it, he's probably able to argue fairly easily that his actions weren't likely to see him convicted.

For little Alexander it seems much clearer that criminality has happened, but the key whistleblower is just as much of a scumbag and should be sat alongside him and the rest of the gang. The idea that either could ever address parliament after lying is at the heart of it without doubt.

Blair is a war criminal.

Johnson is a rubbish politician.

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:24 - Jul 22 with 1708 viewsMullet

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:20 - Jul 22 by vapour_trail

Blair is a war criminal.

Johnson is a rubbish politician.

But your first statement is one that could easily have been tried and hasn't. Simply saying it because of the mistakes he made and carnage he unleashed doesn't make it so under rule of law.

Boris is arguably a very good politician, because he has lived out this sort of Just William / Trump fantasy of his and remained completely unscathed thanks to the media and his paymasters. We live in a time where no matter he says or does or what happened previously it strengthens him amongst his supporters.

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:25 - Jul 22 with 1702 viewsDarth_Koont

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:11 - Jul 22 by vapour_trail

Well said.

People need to step back from the Kuennsberg/Peston/Times Red Box/Guardian gossip bubble and really look at our politicians and who they are.

Democratic, principled public servants they are not (as a majority anyway). They’re mostly power-, influence- and money-grabbing careerists playing an arcane form of Dungeons & Dragons while dreaming of a threesome with Maggie and Tony.

And to be honest, if they weren’t the above, then they’d struggle to get selected.

Sh!t in, sh!t out. 😀

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:29 - Jul 22 with 1669 viewsMullet

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:25 - Jul 22 by Darth_Koont

Well said.

People need to step back from the Kuennsberg/Peston/Times Red Box/Guardian gossip bubble and really look at our politicians and who they are.

Democratic, principled public servants they are not (as a majority anyway). They’re mostly power-, influence- and money-grabbing careerists playing an arcane form of Dungeons & Dragons while dreaming of a threesome with Maggie and Tony.

And to be honest, if they weren’t the above, then they’d struggle to get selected.

Sh!t in, sh!t out. 😀

By your own description though, on a domestic level certainly initially from 97 onwards is that not Blair and his cabinet? Admittedly they went too far on certains ideas in areas like education but in terms of intent you can't really retrospectively demonise them because he became yet another politician who didn't understand the Middle East or what his actions would do?

They are fundamentally separate.

Our Eton Mess in power now has a near linear trajectory on his political crime spree doesn't he?

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:34 - Jul 22 with 1635 viewsvapour_trail

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:24 - Jul 22 by Mullet

But your first statement is one that could easily have been tried and hasn't. Simply saying it because of the mistakes he made and carnage he unleashed doesn't make it so under rule of law.

Boris is arguably a very good politician, because he has lived out this sort of Just William / Trump fantasy of his and remained completely unscathed thanks to the media and his paymasters. We live in a time where no matter he says or does or what happened previously it strengthens him amongst his supporters.

Easily? You know better than that, Mullet. Who would put him on trial? Trials are for losers. Blair is a winner.

Go and read up on what constitutes a war crime. It really won’t take long to square the circle.

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:38 - Jul 22 with 1612 viewsDarth_Koont

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:29 - Jul 22 by Mullet

By your own description though, on a domestic level certainly initially from 97 onwards is that not Blair and his cabinet? Admittedly they went too far on certains ideas in areas like education but in terms of intent you can't really retrospectively demonise them because he became yet another politician who didn't understand the Middle East or what his actions would do?

They are fundamentally separate.

Our Eton Mess in power now has a near linear trajectory on his political crime spree doesn't he?

If you want to see it that way.

I see Blair and Johnson as much more the same beast. Effective and addicted players of the game who don’t actually have much going on inside. They both said what they needed to and presented an optimistic picture for their respective parties but they just wanted the keys to power.

I think they’re both c@nts who far too many have projected onto. And it’s the most vulnerable who pay the price.

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:44 - Jul 22 with 1580 viewsMullet

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:38 - Jul 22 by Darth_Koont

If you want to see it that way.

I see Blair and Johnson as much more the same beast. Effective and addicted players of the game who don’t actually have much going on inside. They both said what they needed to and presented an optimistic picture for their respective parties but they just wanted the keys to power.

I think they’re both c@nts who far too many have projected onto. And it’s the most vulnerable who pay the price.

But as with VT above that isn't answering anything beyond restating your biases.

How do you square the (d)evolution of Blair from 1997 to handing over to Brown as one and the same man / government / project.

It's telling Tories will never denigrate Thatcher for being a winner and will celebrate their love of her ruthlessness over the woman left at the end of her run. The exact opposite seems to happen with Blair which might reveal the sensibilities of people who voted for either.

I can't see how you can understand a PM and government who oversaw so many family and educational reforms designed to benefit the poorest and aid social mobility no matter how foolhardy. Alongside one who wrested austerity away from society as its biggest threat and plunged us headlong into Brexit and compounded it with this pandemic's mishandling.

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:46 - Jul 22 with 1563 viewsvapour_trail

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:44 - Jul 22 by Mullet

But as with VT above that isn't answering anything beyond restating your biases.

How do you square the (d)evolution of Blair from 1997 to handing over to Brown as one and the same man / government / project.

It's telling Tories will never denigrate Thatcher for being a winner and will celebrate their love of her ruthlessness over the woman left at the end of her run. The exact opposite seems to happen with Blair which might reveal the sensibilities of people who voted for either.

I can't see how you can understand a PM and government who oversaw so many family and educational reforms designed to benefit the poorest and aid social mobility no matter how foolhardy. Alongside one who wrested austerity away from society as its biggest threat and plunged us headlong into Brexit and compounded it with this pandemic's mishandling.

BS with your bias mullet.

Go and educate yourself as to what constitutes a war crime.

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:51 - Jul 22 with 1544 viewsMullet

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:46 - Jul 22 by vapour_trail

BS with your bias mullet.

Go and educate yourself as to what constitutes a war crime.

Why not do it for me? It's the basis of your viewpoint after all. You can't just refuse to elaborate a position for years on end because you're convinced of it and expect me to accept it.

If he's evidently a war criminal, and there are all these nefarious reasons as to why it's been covered up badly enough to leave us where we are now, how do you demonstrate it? I'm not disputing something you've not put up for scrutiny so it's unfair to keep taking this binary position.

Much like DK's nudge towards TB and BJ being identical in practical terms. It doesn't bear out by simply repeating it.

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:53 - Jul 22 with 1532 viewsDarth_Koont

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:44 - Jul 22 by Mullet

Are you seriously trying to wind me up? We should celebrate Blair for being a f**king winner?!!

It’s not a game.
It’s not a game.
It’s not a game.
It’s not a game.

Look at where the UK is and where it’s heading and then tell me how 13 years of Labour government during an upswing in the global economy didn’t set us up for the fall. When Thatcher said Blair was her greatest achievement she wasn’t lying ... I’m sure him being a religious warmonger was just an unexpected bonus.

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:57 - Jul 22 with 1498 viewsMullet

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:53 - Jul 22 by Darth_Koont

Are you seriously trying to wind me up? We should celebrate Blair for being a f**king winner?!!

It’s not a game.
It’s not a game.
It’s not a game.
It’s not a game.

Look at where the UK is and where it’s heading and then tell me how 13 years of Labour government during an upswing in the global economy didn’t set us up for the fall. When Thatcher said Blair was her greatest achievement she wasn’t lying ... I’m sure him being a religious warmonger was just an unexpected bonus.

You essentially called him that albeit pejoratively with the "keys to power" idea. If you don't like your own logic feel free to revise that too. I'll look forward to it over breakfast.

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 23:09 - Jul 22 with 1449 viewsDarth_Koont

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:57 - Jul 22 by Mullet

You essentially called him that albeit pejoratively with the "keys to power" idea. If you don't like your own logic feel free to revise that too. I'll look forward to it over breakfast.

Strange.

I was enjoying the hyperbole from both sides so that’s a particularly weak exit.

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 23:50 - Jul 22 with 1355 viewsBlueschev

Take a bow Ed Miliband on 22:51 - Jul 22 by Mullet

Why not do it for me? It's the basis of your viewpoint after all. You can't just refuse to elaborate a position for years on end because you're convinced of it and expect me to accept it.

If he's evidently a war criminal, and there are all these nefarious reasons as to why it's been covered up badly enough to leave us where we are now, how do you demonstrate it? I'm not disputing something you've not put up for scrutiny so it's unfair to keep taking this binary position.

Much like DK's nudge towards TB and BJ being identical in practical terms. It doesn't bear out by simply repeating it.

Given that Iraq posed zero threat to the UK, how could the Iraq war be described as anything other than a war of aggression? Which is a war crime under international law.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024