Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Fatima right? 13:42 - Jul 23 with 951 viewsBelsteadCav

https://news.sky.com/story/tokyo-olympics-stopping-athletes-taking-the-knee-unen

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Is Fatima right? on 13:45 - Jul 23 with 917 viewsKeno

No she isnt

As an aside the two Americans in that picture were pallbearers at the Aussies funeral several years later

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Is Fatima right? on 13:47 - Jul 23 with 880 viewsBlueBadger

'The goal of the Olympic Movement is to contribute to building a peaceful and better world by educating youth through sport practiced without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play.'

Source: https://olympics.com/ioc/beyond-the-games

So, if anything, demonstrations signifying 'we believe there should be less racism in the world' should be mandatory.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is Fatima right? on 13:48 - Jul 23 with 873 viewsStokieBlue

Surely it's up to the individuals what they want to do and not be told by others?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Is Fatima right? on 13:56 - Jul 23 with 824 viewsKropotkin123

Is Fatima right? on 13:48 - Jul 23 by StokieBlue

Surely it's up to the individuals what they want to do and not be told by others?

SB

But how do we preserve our freedom if we allow people the right to express themselves freely?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Is Fatima right? on 14:05 - Jul 23 with 782 viewsBelsteadCav

Is Fatima right? on 13:45 - Jul 23 by Keno

No she isnt

As an aside the two Americans in that picture were pallbearers at the Aussies funeral several years later

Didn’t he give one of the guys his glove as well?

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Is Fatima right? on 14:08 - Jul 23 with 758 viewsMattinLondon

No she isnt

I don’t know the exact reasons why, but the Australian in the photo wasn’t allowed to represent his country again.
Is Fatima right? on 14:13 - Jul 23 with 729 viewsBlueBadger

Is Fatima right? on 14:08 - Jul 23 by MattinLondon

I don’t know the exact reasons why, but the Australian in the photo wasn’t allowed to represent his country again.

It's an interesting(and rather depressing) story.

https://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/24/sport/olympics-norman-black-power/index.html

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is Fatima right? on 14:16 - Jul 23 with 706 viewsKeno

Is Fatima right? on 14:08 - Jul 23 by MattinLondon

Because the Aussie Athletics Board didn't agree with him supporting the the two Americans

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Is Fatima right? on 14:20 - Jul 23 with 682 viewsDarth_Koont

No she isnt

Also personal protest is nothing like the “soapboxes” the US and Soviets got onto in the 80s with their tit-for-tat boycotts where hundreds of athletes’ dreams were p!ssed upon.

I’m all for people making a point about basic human rights and decency whenever and wherever they want. If people can’t handle it then they really need to examine their priorities.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is Fatima right? on 14:33 - Jul 23 with 636 viewsRadlett_blue

Is Fatima right? on 14:16 - Jul 23 by Keno

Because the Aussie Athletics Board didn't agree with him supporting the the two Americans

Interesting how times change (usually for the better). I saw a BBC programme last night on the 1981 riots in Brixton & elsewhere and a senior police officer at the time was happily saying that he didn't think that an officer should be dismissed for calling someone a "ni**er" and also that he didn't think this was necessarily racist.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Is Fatima right? on 14:51 - Jul 23 with 600 viewsJ2BLUE

Hard to think of a better place to fight for equality than at an event with 200+ countries being represented that has the spotlight of the world on it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024