Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland getting out their cheque book 16:23 - Jul 23 with 2866 viewsTomTheWriter

Insane money to spend on a League 2 right back with one good season under his belt. Year we got KVY he scored three goals from right back, was 22 years old and cost us low-to-mid six figures.

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 16:28 - Jul 23 with 2737 viewsJ2BLUE

Including add ons.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 16:30 - Jul 23 with 2700 viewsSamWhiteUK

Shall we swoop in and buy him now?
Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 16:31 - Jul 23 with 2671 viewsElderGrizzly

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 16:28 - Jul 23 by J2BLUE

Including add ons.

And Sunderland have been considerably weakened this summer already.

New owner, trying to appease fans a bit i'd say here.
Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 16:39 - Jul 23 with 2565 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He would be a Key player.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 16:42 - Jul 23 with 2524 viewsElderGrizzly

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 16:39 - Jul 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

He might unlock potential in that side too.
Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 16:53 - Jul 23 with 2382 viewsTomTheWriter

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 16:31 - Jul 23 by ElderGrizzly

And Sunderland have been considerably weakened this summer already.

New owner, trying to appease fans a bit i'd say here.

I’d be a bit worried if I’m doing the negotiating in the future for Sunderland. First money signing of the season, chucking out £1million + add ons for a right back? Going to put them in a really bad spot for future deals because clubs know they are willing to go high.

Think about us and Wes Burns. First signing of the season, 5 goals and 5 assist, versatile, rumoured low six figures. Put us in a really good position for future deals, starting with a low money deal. If Sunderland want a striker, they’ll be quoted £1million every time now.

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 17:01 - Jul 23 with 2291 viewscatch74

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 16:39 - Jul 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Wondering if they’d class hon as a major or minor signing.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 19:12 - Jul 23 with 1789 viewstractordownsouth

Their transfer strategy seems bizarre. I've not seen this bloke play, but their squad is threadbare at the moment so chucking loads of money at 1 player is questionable. Presumably a lot of their wage budget has been spent on getting Pritchard in and keeping McGeady too, even though they're massively lacking in defence and up front.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 19:49 - Jul 23 with 1640 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 16:53 - Jul 23 by TomTheWriter

I’d be a bit worried if I’m doing the negotiating in the future for Sunderland. First money signing of the season, chucking out £1million + add ons for a right back? Going to put them in a really bad spot for future deals because clubs know they are willing to go high.

Think about us and Wes Burns. First signing of the season, 5 goals and 5 assist, versatile, rumoured low six figures. Put us in a really good position for future deals, starting with a low money deal. If Sunderland want a striker, they’ll be quoted £1million every time now.

To be fair, not if they want Jackson, and probably Norwood as well.

In fact if they want them both I reckon we would accept around £250K for the pair.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 19:52]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 20:11 - Jul 23 with 1551 viewsHARRY10

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 16:53 - Jul 23 by TomTheWriter

Nope.

They will pay what they think a player is worth, irrespective of what the paid before.

Did our purchase of Norris set the bench mark for all other signings ?
Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 20:11 - Jul 23 with 1551 viewsTomTheWriter

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 19:12 - Jul 23 by tractordownsouth

Their transfer strategy seems bizarre. I've not seen this bloke play, but their squad is threadbare at the moment so chucking loads of money at 1 player is questionable. Presumably a lot of their wage budget has been spent on getting Pritchard in and keeping McGeady too, even though they're massively lacking in defence and up front.

I think their strategy makes sense, it’s just the way they’ve been going about it. Clubs should always be looking at experienced options to add influence in the dressing room, but they’ve gone with two players who’ve missed mass chunks of football the last two years.

They want to bring in exciting, young talent which I love. BUT, they are dumping over £1mill on a right back who hasn’t been consistent in his career. It’s the right type, just the wrong execution.

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 20:13 - Jul 23 with 1535 viewsTomTheWriter

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 19:49 - Jul 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

To be fair, not if they want Jackson, and probably Norwood as well.

In fact if they want them both I reckon we would accept around £250K for the pair.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 19:52]

Depends on the striker I guess. From the outside looking in, you’d expect them to be after a top class striker because they want Grigg gone, O’Brien doesn’t cut it and Stewart has injury issues like Norwood. If they want someone with goalscoring pedigree, having missed out on Pigott, it’s goin GB to cost them a lot of money. Stockley, Mo Eisa, Pigott all gone, not sure whose left

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 20:15 - Jul 23 with 1519 viewsTomTheWriter

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 20:11 - Jul 23 by HARRY10

Nope.

They will pay what they think a player is worth, irrespective of what the paid before.

Did our purchase of Norris set the bench mark for all other signings ?

Oh yeah they will only pay what they think a player is worth. My viewpoint is that other teams know that Sunderland are happy to throw seven figures at a right back.

Think about Colby Bishop at Accrington. He was quoted £2million to us apparently. If Sunderland come in, don’t be surprised it that rises to £2.5, even £3million

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 22:37 - Jul 23 with 1165 viewsHARRY10

Sunderland getting out their cheque book on 20:15 - Jul 23 by TomTheWriter

Oh yeah they will only pay what they think a player is worth. My viewpoint is that other teams know that Sunderland are happy to throw seven figures at a right back.

Think about Colby Bishop at Accrington. He was quoted £2million to us apparently. If Sunderland come in, don’t be surprised it that rises to £2.5, even £3million

What a bizarre thought

The scum picked up £35m for Bundia, so we should have asked a few million for Gibbs.

We were, as your claim, quoted £2m for a player. Surely, on the basis of your argument, we should have simply coughed up.

And what led them to that figure......a previous willingness on our part of being "happy to throw seven figures at a player" ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024