Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More worry... and I am sorry 18:08 - Jul 23 with 1998 viewsDebsyAngel

Just want a little advice here.

Cleaning groceries/post. Do people still do it? I am so concerned that putting myself and my Dad at risk. I wanted to stop cleaning all the stuff we get in (fruit being the exception), but with cases rising, and people touching stuff in shops or handing stuff to you, I am feeling apprehensive about it all. Not a help when got my family here next week for my birthday and inevitably presents and cards given to me.

Sooner or later I will not be able to take LFT tests once have my sinus surgery done, as could burst the healing wounds. So how can I test then?

I am also worried about returning to football, and cannot attend the friendlies or cup games right now. Would it be allowed to being a can of soft drink or bottle of water in with me to avoid going to the bar?

This life is doing my head in, never know what I am doing is a risk or safe.
More worry... and I am sorry on 18:20 - Jul 23 with 1915 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Hello Debs,

The Delta variant is very contagious. As you have spoken before on here about your anxiety issues, I think it would be sensible for you to continue to do all that you have done and that has kept you safe so far.

I think that feeling that we are doing everything we can is psychologically beneficial, and helps us to feel a little more in control of a situation which is dominating lifestyles globally.

LFT tests include sampling from tonsils, too. I don't know if that would be enough? You'd need expert advice on that.

The only issue I ever had with a drink brought into Portman Road was when I had a Pepsi with me that I hadn't finished. A steward came over and gave me a cup to pour it into. The Coca Cola Championship was very hot on their brand management, apparently! Having a bottle of water with you for health reasons shouldn't cause a problem.

To be honest, with your anxiety, I think going to Portman Road will be very stressful for you, but we each have to make choices about how much we are prepared to sacrifice from our normal life in order to stay safe.
More worry... and I am sorry on 18:20 - Jul 23 with 1907 viewsMerseyBlue

Don't be sorry

The risk of infection from surfaces is very low compared to the primary means of transmission - I haven't cleaned groceries at any point during the pandemic, and have as far as I'm aware, not contracted the virus. If it gives you peace of mind to clean the groceries, then do what makes you comfortable. I think the main thing is not to let it become an obsession. Packaged goods can probably be left alone and if you just want to focus on loose produce then fair enough.

I would ask the GP about the LFT concerns, or call 119 and request some information and advice from the Covid team.

If you can pop a drink in a bag or coat, then by all means do it. The club wouldn't tell you the same thing but I really think your health and wellbeing is more important than extra money in the tills.

Do what makes you comfortable and don't beat yourself up for taking things seriously. Feeling anxious about these changes is perfectly understandable but just make sure you're treating yourself well :)

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

More worry... and I am sorry on 18:20 - Jul 23 with 1910 viewsGeoffSentence

i dont do it now we have all been jabbed.

did i dream it or was their some advice recently that contact from surfaces was less of means of contagion than first thought.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

More worry... and I am sorry on 18:28 - Jul 23 with 1859 viewsDebsyAngel

More worry... and I am sorry on 18:20 - Jul 23 by GeoffSentence

i dont do it now we have all been jabbed.

did i dream it or was their some advice recently that contact from surfaces was less of means of contagion than first thought.

I read that on one site, but then look it up and once more other sites contradict it. It is doing my head in - I want to LIVE, but never know if I am doing the right thing or not. I had plans for August - football, going to the pub a couple of times, and a couple of days out (Felixstowe and possibly Clacton) at the end of that month. Just totally torn. Become a recluse apart from shopping in a few places in town once a week for groceries and visiting my parents once a fortnight for dinner, and medical appointments, and one trip to the hairdressers.

Cases have gone down I read - but deaths and hospital admissions up. The information I read is up/down/up/down and never know if this will be temporary. Kids being off school - testing will be down, so numbers drop, but when they return, will it be through the roof again?

I thought having my 2 jabs would bring this uncertainty to an end but I feel even LESS safe now.
More worry... and I am sorry on 18:28 - Jul 23 with 1863 viewsJ2BLUE

Don't say sorry, there's no need.

I am slacking on the surfaces stuff now. I was wiping down everything at once point. I'm still using a ton of hang gel though.

I think as someone said above that surfaces are far less likely to pass the virus on than previously thought so I think you should do whatever you feel most comfortable with as it probably won't make much difference in reality but in your mind just choosing to no longer do it might take some pressure off. Or choosing to do it might give you some peace of mind.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

More worry... and I am sorry on 18:31 - Jul 23 with 1844 viewsDebsyAngel

More worry... and I am sorry on 18:28 - Jul 23 by J2BLUE

Don't say sorry, there's no need.

I am slacking on the surfaces stuff now. I was wiping down everything at once point. I'm still using a ton of hang gel though.

I think as someone said above that surfaces are far less likely to pass the virus on than previously thought so I think you should do whatever you feel most comfortable with as it probably won't make much difference in reality but in your mind just choosing to no longer do it might take some pressure off. Or choosing to do it might give you some peace of mind.

I use my hand gel regularly, and wash my hands more, try to avoid crowds, but this is going to be impossible at football or a busy train station or pub.
More worry... and I am sorry on 18:49 - Jul 23 with 1773 viewsIllinoisblue

Is there any data to suggest it’s possible to catch Covid from touching something?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

More worry... and I am sorry on 18:58 - Jul 23 with 1741 viewsDebsyAngel

More worry... and I am sorry on 18:49 - Jul 23 by Illinoisblue

Is there any data to suggest it’s possible to catch Covid from touching something?

At the start of this whole hell, there were reports a contagious person who sneezed onto stuff or touched stuff with hands where they had sneezed/coughed was a high possibility, and also the information about isolating post etc, as it stuck to surfaces like paper/cardboard/plastic/metal etc. Seen no update since but it would put my mind at rest knowing what risk it is now.
Login to get fewer ads

More worry... and I am sorry on 19:02 - Jul 23 with 1716 viewschrismakin

More worry... and I am sorry on 18:58 - Jul 23 by DebsyAngel

At the start of this whole hell, there were reports a contagious person who sneezed onto stuff or touched stuff with hands where they had sneezed/coughed was a high possibility, and also the information about isolating post etc, as it stuck to surfaces like paper/cardboard/plastic/metal etc. Seen no update since but it would put my mind at rest knowing what risk it is now.

Debz. Dont live on fear. But also dont feel you have to do things you dont feel safe doing

Theres a lot of misinformation about covid via hand transmission and unfortunately no real data available purely because it's near impossible for the data to be obtained.

I carry around a small bottle of hand sanitizer and honestly I use it like people get used to changing gears in a car.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

More worry... and I am sorry on 19:05 - Jul 23 with 1708 viewsIllinoisblue

More worry... and I am sorry on 18:58 - Jul 23 by DebsyAngel

From CDC.gov: The risk of infection by the virus from food products, food packaging, or bags is thought to be very low. Currently, no cases of COVID-19 have been identified where infection was thought to have occurred by touching food, food packaging, or shopping bags.

At some point you have to live your life

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

More worry... and I am sorry on 19:32 - Jul 23 with 1612 viewsjas0999

The likelihood of you catching COVID from post or groceries is very very low. Okay, not impossible, but I have never cleaned my post or groceries, favouring utilising hand gel regularly. No issues so far.
More worry... and I am sorry on 01:19 - Jul 24 with 1343 viewsDinDjarin

More worry... and I am sorry on 18:49 - Jul 23 by Illinoisblue

No. Last I read was it was uncommon and hard to catch this way.
More worry... and I am sorry on 01:43 - Jul 24 with 1324 viewsBiGDonnie

Sorry Deb, apology not accepted. Maybe try again but actually mean it this time?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

More worry... and I am sorry on 10:43 - Jul 24 with 1055 viewsDebsyAngel

More worry... and I am sorry on 01:43 - Jul 24 by BiGDonnie

Sorry Deb, apology not accepted. Maybe try again but actually mean it this time?

Saying and actually being strong enough to DO it is not always easy. Easy to say, but to do?? Not so much. Depends if you are lucky enough not to suffer any form of anxiety I guess.
More worry... and I am sorry on 11:10 - Jul 24 with 1007 viewsStokieBlue

Absolutely no need to apologise. People should continue to do whatever makes them feel safe. Cleaning hands is good for many other things apart from C19.

With regards to catching C19 from surfaces, this was what was thought at the start of the pandemic but the science seems to have moved on now. A studied I posted the other week said the chances of getting C19 from a surface were around 1 in 10000 for each contact with a surface which definitely has C19 on it.

Protecting yourself and others from droplets by distancing and wearing masks is much more important as droplets are the most likely form on infection by a huge margin.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/surface-tran

"Quantitative microbial risk assessment (QMRA) studies have been conducted to understand and characterize the relative risk of SARS-CoV-2 fomite transmission and evaluate the need for and effectiveness of prevention measures to reduce risk. Findings of these studies suggest that the risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection via the fomite transmission route is low, and generally less than 1 in 10,000, which means that each contact with a contaminated surface has less than a 1 in 10,000 chance of causing an infection 7, 8, 9."

Once again though, sanitising ones hand is excellent for many things outside the C19 realm.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

More worry... and I am sorry on 11:14 - Jul 24 with 992 viewsgiant_stow

More worry... and I am sorry on 10:43 - Jul 24 by DebsyAngel

Saying and actually being strong enough to DO it is not always easy. Easy to say, but to do?? Not so much. Depends if you are lucky enough not to suffer any form of anxiety I guess.

Speaking as an ocd-er, the best thing you can do is stop beating yourself up. Have you ever tried mindfulness techniques to manage your anxiety? Even just shutting your eyes and concentrating on long slow breaths cab help in that moment that unwanted thought arrives.

Personally we washed everything up until a few months ago and since we've stopped, no disaster has come to the house. You could even try it on one small shop to start with.

Anyway, stop apologising and beating yourself up please!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024