Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season 11:40 - Jul 24 with 3684 viewsBluefish

With so many obvious gaps before?

At what point is it OK to stop overdoing the CEO praise and be concerned? The longer it goes on the longer the free pass for gelling has to last. We can't have another season of excuses

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 11:44 - Jul 24 with 3070 viewspointofblue

Last season? In hindsight we had about eleven gaps and that was just the first XI.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 11:56 - Jul 24 with 2988 viewsKeno

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 11:44 - Jul 24 by pointofblue

Last season? In hindsight we had about eleven gaps and that was just the first XI.

plus the gap in the management, medical staff, training staff and club structure

We did have Doris the tea lady, who lets face could have filled the manager roll better than the manager did
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 12:17]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 11:59 - Jul 24 with 2960 viewsMattinLondon

I’m going to be concerned when we start losing matches and not one second before.
Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 12:01 - Jul 24 with 2946 viewsWD19

Are you starting to worry that we have not replaced the wingers we let go with comparable quality!?
Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 12:14 - Jul 24 with 2866 viewsbilllm

I'm actually with you on this one, seems we're struggling a bit to get a few more in, we need them, the banished u23's won't feature again that seems obvious, don't think there included today, and then we're down to inexperience that's not getting us out of league one anytime soon, I'm aware the windows open for a while, loosing early points by not gelling is going to harm our season,
Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 12:20 - Jul 24 with 2832 viewsWD19

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 12:14 - Jul 24 by billlm

I'm actually with you on this one, seems we're struggling a bit to get a few more in, we need them, the banished u23's won't feature again that seems obvious, don't think there included today, and then we're down to inexperience that's not getting us out of league one anytime soon, I'm aware the windows open for a while, loosing early points by not gelling is going to harm our season,

Most teams in this division churn the majority of their squad each year.

Which in hindsight goes some way to explaining our fast start over the last two seasons.
Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 12:21 - Jul 24 with 2826 viewstractordownsouth

Our squad is still more settled than many of our potential promotion rivals. Sunderland, Oxford and Rotherham all have bigger gaps than we do.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 12:25 - Jul 24 with 2796 viewsGuthrum

Which gaps?

We can put out a pretty decent First Team and have reasonable cover in most areas of the pitch. A couple more defenders might be good and perhaps another wide-man.

But we're hardly a couple of days from the window closing having just lost our main striker. We also have to bear in mind there's a squad limit of 22 outfield players born after 31st Dec 2020, so not too much room for non-Youth "spares".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 12:33 - Jul 24 with 2752 viewsjayessess

Not sure what difference either our concern (or our free pass for that matter) is going to make, to be honest. The rest of the squad building will happen when it happens.

For what it's worth, whilst we've still obviously got plenty to do, I reckon we've probably got enough to cope with the first few weeks of the season now. If we end up having to go to the end of the transfer window on a couple, so be it.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 12:39 - Jul 24 with 2702 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I don't feel were behind the curve in terms of where we are against the rest of the division.

Only Wigan have done a lot of busisness. Yes we let a lot of players go but id rather that than be having to wait on a move out to get someone out before we can get someone in.

The busisness we've done so far feels decent and I just feel the addition of a good CB and we're not far away, if we had that I'd be less worried waiting for the domino effect to kick in

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 13:06 - Jul 24 with 2576 viewsBluefish

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 12:25 - Jul 24 by Guthrum

Which gaps?

We can put out a pretty decent First Team and have reasonable cover in most areas of the pitch. A couple more defenders might be good and perhaps another wide-man.

But we're hardly a couple of days from the window closing having just lost our main striker. We also have to bear in mind there's a squad limit of 22 outfield players born after 31st Dec 2020, so not too much room for non-Youth "spares".

We can barely fill the bench without injuries and we have binned off our youths with any sort of experience. We have big gaps

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 13:08 - Jul 24 with 2558 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 13:06 - Jul 24 by Bluefish

We can barely fill the bench without injuries and we have binned off our youths with any sort of experience. We have big gaps

I guess we'll find out this afternoon won't we?
Have a day off the trolling ffs.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 13:08 - Jul 24 with 2556 viewspointofblue

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 13:06 - Jul 24 by Bluefish

If only Edwards had signed that contract...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 13:15 - Jul 24 with 2513 viewsITFCBlues

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 12:25 - Jul 24 by Guthrum

Which gaps?

Reasonable cover, really? No LB cover, woefully short at CB, CM really short as well and wide areas as well are really short.

I still think we're 5 or 6 short.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 13:30 - Jul 24 with 2419 viewsBluefish

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 13:08 - Jul 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

I guess we'll find out this afternoon won't we?
Have a day off the trolling ffs.

I always wondered what people meant by a snowflake....

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 13:32 - Jul 24 with 2410 viewsWD19

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 13:15 - Jul 24 by ITFCBlues

Reasonable cover, really? No LB cover, woefully short at CB, CM really short as well and wide areas as well are really short.

Kenlock, Downes and Jackson are still in the building as ‘cover’ in the event of a total transfer window disaster.

The only place we are really, really short is CB…..and a winger.

It’s natural to be apprehensive….but we are not at the bed wetting stage yet.
Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 13:39 - Jul 24 with 2371 viewsGuthrum

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 13:32 - Jul 24 by WD19

Kenlock, Downes and Jackson are still in the building as ‘cover’ in the event of a total transfer window disaster.

The only place we are really, really short is CB…..and a winger.

It’s natural to be apprehensive….but we are not at the bed wetting stage yet.

We also have the busiest five weeks of the transfer window still to come.

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 14:14 - Jul 24 with 2244 viewsTrequartista

Didn’t we go about 5 years without any attacking midfielders under Mick?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 14:33 - Jul 24 with 2179 viewsITFCBlues

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 13:39 - Jul 24 by Guthrum

We also have the busiest five weeks of the transfer window still to come.

Of course. It's not bed wetting. It's being 2 weeks from the start of the season. You can afford a slow start and to be playing catchup with a completely newly assembled squad that will need time to settle.

Today's bench shows you just how short we are.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 14:36 - Jul 24 with 2162 viewsbilllm

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 13:08 - Jul 24 by pointofblue

If only Edwards had signed that contract...

I agree we need him
Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 15:28 - Jul 24 with 2084 viewsGuthrum

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 14:33 - Jul 24 by ITFCBlues

Of course. It's not bed wetting. It's being 2 weeks from the start of the season. You can afford a slow start and to be playing catchup with a completely newly assembled squad that will need time to settle.

Today's bench shows you just how short we are.

What's wrong with our bench? Are those not some of our better young prospects who the Manager might be wanting to test out?

People cry out for Youth, then when they're given a chance in preseason ...

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 18:09 - Jul 24 with 1887 viewsChurchman

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 13:15 - Jul 24 by ITFCBlues

We are about five short, but I hope the management are patient with recruitment. The last thing we need is the panic driven low quality, throw outs from other clubs we’ve got so used to over the years.
[Redacted] on 18:19 - Jul 24 with 1807 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 18:19 - Jul 24 with 1806 viewsBobbychase

Not fecking yet.

There's still a fortnight until the season starts, and the window remains open beyond that. As far as I can tell, Wigan aside, we have done far more business than anyone else.

And it's far more important to get quality players for this level than just get some bodies in the door for the sake of it. Like Hawkins last season.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 20:04 - Jul 24 with 1613 viewsbluejacko

Have we ever been at this stage of a pre season on 18:19 - Jul 24 by Bobbychase

Not fecking yet.

There's still a fortnight until the season starts, and the window remains open beyond that. As far as I can tell, Wigan aside, we have done far more business than anyone else.

And it's far more important to get quality players for this level than just get some bodies in the door for the sake of it. Like Hawkins last season.

Yes but some on here have got to moan
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024