Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toto captain! 15:26 - Jul 24 with 6619 viewsVic

Don’t think anyone was predicting that. Suggests that Cookie thinks a lot of him.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Toto captain! on 15:37 - Jul 24 with 4341 viewsPortman_Pie

Shame. Was hoping we’d sign a CB and not have to watch his constant mistakes this season.
Toto captain! on 15:38 - Jul 24 with 4339 viewsKeno

Toto captain! on 15:37 - Jul 24 by Portman_Pie

Shame. Was hoping we’d sign a CB and not have to watch his constant mistakes this season.

thats a bit harsh, he can certainly hold the line

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:40 - Jul 24 with 4304 viewsPortman_Pie

Toto captain! on 15:42 - Jul 24 with 4276 viewsKieran_Knows

Worrying.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Toto captain! on 15:54 - Jul 24 with 4158 viewstazdac

Toto captain! on 15:38 - Jul 24 by Keno

thats a bit harsh, he can certainly hold the line

Even if he’s not always on time ;o)
Toto captain! on 15:57 - Jul 24 with 4127 viewsmeekreech

Hopefully this is a parting gift as he is not of the quality necessary. I am beginning to have worries regarding the thinking regarding players being retained and those being told they can move on. It pains me to see that players such as Nsiala, Donacien and Nolan ( players whose arrival were instrumental in accelerating our downwards spiral ) being retained.

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Toto captain! on 16:24 - Jul 24 with 4019 viewsPortman_Pie

Toto captain! on 15:57 - Jul 24 by meekreech

Hopefully this is a parting gift as he is not of the quality necessary. I am beginning to have worries regarding the thinking regarding players being retained and those being told they can move on. It pains me to see that players such as Nsiala, Donacien and Nolan ( players whose arrival were instrumental in accelerating our downwards spiral ) being retained.

Nolan and Nsiala are scousers though. So like be Cooks captain and vice captain…
Toto captain! on 16:49 - Jul 24 with 3917 viewsHighgateBlue

With Jackson still not departed, maybe this team's side will be a Cook/Hurst mashup!?
Login to get fewer ads

Toto captain! on 16:54 - Jul 24 with 3865 viewsHighgateBlue

Toto captain! on 15:37 - Jul 24 by Portman_Pie

We surely will sign a CB. Getting rid of Chambers, McGuinness and our player of the year Wilson and not bringing in a centre back would be insane. You can't possibly get rid of the biggest leader and the best performer and think you're doing anything other than dramatically weakening a key area. I can't see that Cook is insane. He still has time. I think we should have faith that he will add numbers here. But either way, he clearly thinks more of Toto than many on here...
Toto captain! on 17:02 - Jul 24 with 3797 viewsSwansea_Blue

Toto captain! on 16:54 - Jul 24 by HighgateBlue

We surely will sign a CB. Getting rid of Chambers, McGuinness and our player of the year Wilson and not bringing in a centre back would be insane. You can't possibly get rid of the biggest leader and the best performer and think you're doing anything other than dramatically weakening a key area. I can't see that Cook is insane. He still has time. I think we should have faith that he will add numbers here. But either way, he clearly thinks more of Toto than many on here...

It’d be nuts not to sign at least one CB, if not 2. Toto’s fine though imo. Yes he has a mistake in him but he’s otherwise a pretty dominant stopper, especially for stuff in the air. But we do need 4 senior CBs for the season.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Toto captain! on 17:15 - Jul 24 with 3735 viewsBryanPlug

Toto captain! on 17:02 - Jul 24 by Swansea_Blue

It’d be nuts not to sign at least one CB, if not 2. Toto’s fine though imo. Yes he has a mistake in him but he’s otherwise a pretty dominant stopper, especially for stuff in the air. But we do need 4 senior CBs for the season.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Toto captain! (n/t) on 17:23 - Jul 24 with 3676 viewsPositivelyPortman

Toto captain! on 16:54 - Jul 24 by HighgateBlue

[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 17:32]

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Toto captain! on 17:31 - Jul 24 with 3657 viewsPositivelyPortman

It won’t be a parting gift as he was considered to be Man of the Match, according to the TWTD report.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Toto captain! on 17:36 - Jul 24 with 3622 viewsdickie

The Toto jokes in this thread deserve high praise (and I'm gutted that the first one initially went over my head)
Toto captain! on 17:41 - Jul 24 with 3591 viewsmonty_radio

Toto captain! on 17:31 - Jul 24 by PositivelyPortman

It won’t be a parting gift as he was considered to be Man of the Match, according to the TWTD report.

There wasn't any other candidate today. Piggot, Harper and Burns looked O.K. in spells, as did Norwood. But Nsiala was the standout
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 17:43]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Toto captain! on 18:00 - Jul 24 with 3498 viewsitfcjoe

Toto captain! on 17:15 - Jul 24 by BryanPlug

Ultimately he’s nowhere near good enough on the ball, him and Penney really struggled today when pressed - the difference between them compared to Woolf and KVY is night and day.

Being just a good defender isn’t enough

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Toto captain! on 18:04 - Jul 24 with 3451 viewspositivity

i think toto (or woolf) are easily good enough for this league, but feel they'll play their best with an organiser/leader alongside them.

we need 1 cb of this type (probably the captain) & maybe a 2nd if baggott/ndaba aren't ready yet

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Toto captain! on 18:31 - Jul 24 with 3339 viewsBryanPlug

Toto captain! on 18:00 - Jul 24 by itfcjoe

Ultimately he’s nowhere near good enough on the ball, him and Penney really struggled today when pressed - the difference between them compared to Woolf and KVY is night and day.

Toto captain! on 18:38 - Jul 24 with 3300 viewschrismakin

Toto captain! on 18:31 - Jul 24 by BryanPlug

Did make me laugh a bit to that. Chambers has simply been a 'good' defender for the past 4 years and nothing more. Certainly nothing better than Toto.

I've never understood the Toto hate.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Toto captain! on 18:45 - Jul 24 with 3286 viewsmonty_radio

Not sure about that. I like KVY but he's not yet proved totally secure as a defender. He occasionally relies on athleticism to get out of trouble after being caught out, much like Toto actually. You don't usually get defensive solidity and attacking prowess both together in L1, and, if you do, they don't stay long.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Toto captain! on 18:54 - Jul 24 with 3245 viewsitfcjoe

Toto captain! on 18:31 - Jul 24 by BryanPlug

What do you think Toto would look like playing at right back? Chambers was clearly comfortable on the ball or he couldn’t have played that role.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Toto captain! on 19:00 - Jul 24 with 3215 viewsBryanPlug

Toto captain! on 18:38 - Jul 24 by chrismakin

Did make me laugh a bit to that. Chambers has simply been a 'good' defender for the past 4 years and nothing more. Certainly nothing better than Toto.

I've never understood the Toto hate.

Toto captain! on 19:34 - Jul 24 with 3096 viewsVic

Toto captain! on 19:00 - Jul 24 by BryanPlug

But he really wasn’t, was he really!

He wasn’t as fast as he had been but he did a very solid job at RB in the team as it was set up last season. Wouldn’t be enough for this year which is why he was let go, but wha5 you say just was not true. Why make things up?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Toto captain! on 19:40 - Jul 24 with 3068 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yep. And showing some confidence in the pair of them could be a good move from Cook. McGuinness got in Woolf’s way last season, for no benefit that I saw.

Sounds like Toto was MOTM today as well, which will give him a nice boost.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Toto captain! on 19:50 - Jul 24 with 3038 viewsWickets

Twice dived in early on and missed his tackle and we should have been punished for those errors . Later on he made 2 or three great blocks and that is Toto in a nutshell you will never know what you are going to get . Position sense is lousy often poor judgement but his heart is in the right place !!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024