Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR 16:29 - Jul 24 with 2728 viewstractordownsouth

Dozzell started the game and Lyndon Dykes, the worst player at the Euros, has scored 2. United team has a lot of absences but they still have a strong enough team out to be beating QPR - Lingard, Greenwood, Matic, James and Williams all involved

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 16:32 - Jul 24 with 2616 viewsJ2BLUE

It’s like their second friendly. I doubt they could care less.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 16:34 - Jul 24 with 2567 viewsDarth_Koont

Lyndon Dykes was the “worst player at the Euros”!!?

Shut your noise.

Pronouns: He/Him

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 16:37 - Jul 24 with 2492 viewsWeWereZombies

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 16:34 - Jul 24 by Darth_Koont

Shut your noise.

Indeed, Steve Clarke gave Dykes a job to do and he did it. Wasn't pretty but it was generally effective - apart from maybe not being the one tracking back to stop the Czech runner for the first goal Scotland conceded.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 16:38 - Jul 24 with 2463 viewsChrisd

These type of posts that place importance on pre season friendly games/scores - oh dear 🙄. Ask Mings and Stones if they thought Dykes was the worst play at the Euros, he was very much a handful for them that day.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 16:40]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 16:44 - Jul 24 with 2352 viewsN2_Blue

It's a pre-season friendly for god sake. Results are meaningless. The score line means nothing.

I couldn't really care less if we won or lost today as long as no one gets injured.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 17:36 - Jul 24 with 1895 viewsHipsterectomy

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 16:44 - Jul 24 by N2_Blue

It's a pre-season friendly for god sake. Results are meaningless. The score line means nothing.

I couldn't really care less if we won or lost today as long as no one gets injured.

That's very true, but still funny Celtic lost 6-2 at home to West Ham

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 19:46 - Jul 24 with 1513 viewstractordownsouth

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 16:34 - Jul 24 by Darth_Koont

Shut your noise.

He was passable against England but horrendous throughout the rest of the tournament. If he had actually been able to control the ball and hadn’t missed a load of chances against the Czechs they’d probably have been in the second round. He did nothing against Croatia either. Who was worse than him? A few Turkish players maybe but besides that I can’t think of any.

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 19:47 - Jul 24 with 1500 viewstractordownsouth

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 16:44 - Jul 24 by N2_Blue

I’m sure once they get Fernandes, Sancho, Maguire and co back they’ll be fine but it’s still funny!

Login to get fewer ads

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 20:18 - Jul 24 with 1392 viewsJamestownPrince

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 19:46 - Jul 24 by tractordownsouth

He was passable against England but horrendous throughout the rest of the tournament. If he had actually been able to control the ball and hadn’t missed a load of chances against the Czechs they’d probably have been in the second round. He did nothing against Croatia either. Who was worse than him? A few Turkish players maybe but besides that I can’t think of any.

Ask 100 Scots if they would prefer Dykes or McBurney

95 would say Dykes, the other 5 would be off their face on Buckfast
Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 20:28 - Jul 24 with 1360 viewsDarth_Koont

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 19:46 - Jul 24 by tractordownsouth

I don’t care what you think. He had a job and he did it.

If you had any experience of following Scotland over the last 20-odd years then you’d appreciate a player who’s meant to pull the action up the pitch.

The irony is that maybe if you had Lyndon Dykes instead of Kane (who is clearly a better player but not so comfortable playing against CBs) maybe you’d have won the Euros. It’s certainly something to ponder.

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 20:30 - Jul 24 with 1352 viewsDarth_Koont

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 20:18 - Jul 24 by JamestownPrince

Ask 100 Scots if they would prefer Dykes or McBurney

95 would say Dykes, the other 5 would be off their face on Buckfast

I agree overall. But definitely extra points for Artistic Impression.

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 20:51 - Jul 24 with 1263 viewstractordownsouth

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 20:28 - Jul 24 by Darth_Koont

I don’t care what you think. He had a job and he did it.

If you had any experience of following Scotland over the last 20-odd years then you’d appreciate a player who’s meant to pull the action up the pitch.

The irony is that maybe if you had Lyndon Dykes instead of Kane (who is clearly a better player but not so comfortable playing against CBs) maybe you’d have won the Euros. It’s certainly something to ponder.

It’s Kane’s job to win fouls up the pitch and hold the ball up too. He was poor in the first two matches and wasn’t on form in the final but that isn’t one of the main reasons Italy won. Dykes was horrendous in that Czech game, had he converted his chances Scotland would have gone through. And for all his supposedly heroic efforts against England, neither team ever looked like scoring.

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 22:10 - Jul 24 with 1062 viewsTractorCam

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 16:37 - Jul 24 by WeWereZombies

Indeed, Steve Clarke gave Dykes a job to do and he did it. Wasn't pretty but it was generally effective - apart from maybe not being the one tracking back to stop the Czech runner for the first goal Scotland conceded.

The worst players at the euros was definitely Andrea Belotti, he was utter garbage.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 22:10 - Jul 24 with 1062 viewsDarth_Koont

Man Utd 4-1 down at QPR on 20:51 - Jul 24 by tractordownsouth

It’s Kane’s job to win fouls up the pitch and hold the ball up too. He was poor in the first two matches and wasn’t on form in the final but that isn’t one of the main reasons Italy won. Dykes was horrendous in that Czech game, had he converted his chances Scotland would have gone through. And for all his supposedly heroic efforts against England, neither team ever looked like scoring.

I think Dykes would have done better. Couldn’t have done worse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024