Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? 17:52 - Jul 24 with 3796 viewsParky

Enjoyable day, thought we held our own against a good side. I’ve taken a lot of positives from that and very optimistic for the season.

I know a few people on here were nervous/worried about the mask wearing and feeling safe at Portman Road - how did everyone else find it?

If I’m completely honest, I find the mask wearing almost pointless, as you have to walk past people not wearing a mask to get anywhere. (People in the concourse with food and drink don’t have to wear masks). Where I was sat, I didn’t see anyone wearing a mask and no abuse / drama on either side, everyone was out enjoying their day.

On the whole, a very enjoyable day - ventured to a few different pubs, saw people I haven’t seen for the best part of a year and I think a very a solid town performance. Fingers crossed no covid issues and everyone had a good day.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 17:54]
Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 18:02 - Jul 24 with 2950 viewsSitfcB

Put my mask on to go through the turnstile, then immediately took it off when I got through because a mate handed me a pint!

I’d say pretty much everyone in the concourse wasn’t wearing a mask as they were eating/drinking but obviously the numbers were very low and the Morecambe game will be a lot higher volume of people on the concourse.

No masks in the stand at all.

At HT I was having my pie and pint and a bloke who was walking through got told to put a mask on by a steward and he just shouted ‘I’m exempt’ and she just gave him the thumbs up....I could see his mask hanging out of his back pocket.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 18:22 - Jul 24 with 2760 viewspositivity

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 18:02 - Jul 24 by SitfcB

Put my mask on to go through the turnstile, then immediately took it off when I got through because a mate handed me a pint!

I’d say pretty much everyone in the concourse wasn’t wearing a mask as they were eating/drinking but obviously the numbers were very low and the Morecambe game will be a lot higher volume of people on the concourse.

At HT I was having my pie and pint and a bloke who was walking through got told to put a mask on by a steward and he just shouted ‘I’m exempt’ and she just gave him the thumbs up....I could see his mask hanging out of his back pocket.

always some idiots who'll ruin it for the rest, no wonder the numbers are still so high.

don't envy those stewards though!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 19:27 - Jul 24 with 2532 viewsVic

Why on earth would you (or anyone else) not wear a mask sitters? Surely with numbers going up so fast it makes sense for everyone who can to wear them whenever they are anywhere near other people. Not for yourself, but for the sake of others around you.

I just don’t get it!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 19:33 - Jul 24 with 2503 viewsSwansea_Blue

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 19:27 - Jul 24 by Vic

Why on earth would you (or anyone else) not wear a mask sitters? Surely with numbers going up so fast it makes sense for everyone who can to wear them whenever they are anywhere near other people. Not for yourself, but for the sake of others around you.

I just don’t get it!

Get Covid Done innit. We deserve everything we get if this goes tits up. Might be fine of course, and I hope it is, but thousands of people crammed into the concourses sounds like a present for Covid. We’ll see. We should start seeing whether trying to ignore it is a good move in about a week. I really hope it is good news btw, I just don’t fancy being the guinea pig given what it did to me first time round.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 19:33 - Jul 24 with 2502 viewsParky

I just don’t get it!

Agree with you on this. Surely the EFL/FA should change their rules this season and allow fans to take their beers to their seats, like I say, the concourse was just full of maskless fans having a beer like non covid times.

Would make sense for everyone to be able to have a beer in their seats ‘outside’ and surely a lot less risk than an enclosed concourse.
Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 19:37 - Jul 24 with 2477 viewsVic

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 19:33 - Jul 24 by Swansea_Blue

Get Covid Done innit. We deserve everything we get if this goes tits up. Might be fine of course, and I hope it is, but thousands of people crammed into the concourses sounds like a present for Covid. We’ll see. We should start seeing whether trying to ignore it is a good move in about a week. I really hope it is good news btw, I just don’t fancy being the guinea pig given what it did to me first time round.

Sure I get that. But why not all wear a mask, it just makes sense.

Unless of course we dont want to take responsibility and think of others. Sadly this current situation seems to show just how selfish we seem to have become as a country. I just don’t get why people don’t/won’t mask up for the sake of others.

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 19:46 - Jul 24 with 2431 viewsSwansea_Blue

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 19:37 - Jul 24 by Vic

Sure I get that. But why not all wear a mask, it just makes sense.

Unless of course we dont want to take responsibility and think of others. Sadly this current situation seems to show just how selfish we seem to have become as a country. I just don’t get why people don’t/won’t mask up for the sake of others.

Yeah it’s not hard to just slip a mask on is it. I guess there’s a whole lot of stuff going on with this. People listening to the anti-mask lot; youngsters thinking is does affect/hurt them (spoiler - it does - see Bankster’s thread about it now being a disease of the young); people being demob happy due to the lifting of restrictions; people being lazy, or just forgetful, or pissed; or it not being ‘cool’ infrint of mates. Could be any number of reasons I guess.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 19:49 - Jul 24 with 2426 viewsmojo

Thanks for posting this. I was going to ask earlier what is was like at the game today. I have a ticket for the game next Saturday.

What was the attendance like today? Easy enough to social.distance, change seats in the ground if needed?

Many hold ups/long queues at the turnstiles with vaccine cards, photo Id etc?
Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 20:09 - Jul 24 with 2341 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 19:46 - Jul 24 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah it’s not hard to just slip a mask on is it. I guess there’s a whole lot of stuff going on with this. People listening to the anti-mask lot; youngsters thinking is does affect/hurt them (spoiler - it does - see Bankster’s thread about it now being a disease of the young); people being demob happy due to the lifting of restrictions; people being lazy, or just forgetful, or pissed; or it not being ‘cool’ infrint of mates. Could be any number of reasons I guess.

Junior Slave walking into the Next sale at Martlesham yesterday to her friend... "Are you one of the idiots that doesn't wear a mask?" She wasn't but the 60 something fella just ahead of them was!

Edit...oh and on the other side, the 71 year old anti vax Dad of out neighbour was called for a random antibody survey and had antibodies. So he had the virus, never knew it and is confirmed in his skepticism !
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 20:12]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 20:35 - Jul 24 with 2260 viewsSeablu

I just don’t get it!

If you’re familiar with sitters’ general thought processes, it shouldn’t come as any great surprise.
It’s always all about his own experience and enjoyment.
Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 20:54 - Jul 24 with 2202 viewsSitfcB

I just don’t get it!

I wore my mask where I had to, if it was such a big thing to have to wear a mask in the concourse then I don’t think they’d sell food and drink.

It was basically empty in the stands.

COYB

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 21:24 - Jul 24 with 2093 viewsborge

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 18:22 - Jul 24 by positivity

always some idiots who'll ruin it for the rest, no wonder the numbers are still so high.

don't envy those stewards though!

People who don't wear masks will get it and they will learn. Unfortunately, they'll also infect plenty of others who are wearing masks just as they did at the Euro final at Wembley. Still don't know anyone who went to that and didn't get COVID, self included.
Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 21:47 - Jul 24 with 2028 viewsVic

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 20:54 - Jul 24 by SitfcB

I wore my mask where I had to, if it was such a big thing to have to wear a mask in the concourse then I don’t think they’d sell food and drink.

It was basically empty in the stands.

I’m glad to hear that you wore it when you had to. But why not, for the sake of others, wear it when you don’t have to?

It’s proven that mask wearing reducing the spread of this thing so why not be part of the solution and not the problem? Really - why only do it when you’re told to, when you have to? If we all wore masks when anywhere near other people we’d soon see a decline in things.

Sure, we can all see that the government has made a mistake in opening things up. But just because we don’t have to wear masks surely, surely doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t wear one!

Come on Sitters, be the bigger person - for the greater good get masked up. Be part of the solution and not part of the problem.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 22:20]

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:11 - Jul 24 with 1968 viewsStokieBlue

The self-congratulation on not wearing a mask when you know you should be wearing one is pathetic.

SB

This post has been edited by an administrator

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:20 - Jul 24 with 1909 viewsSitfcB

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:11 - Jul 24 by StokieBlue

The self-congratulation on not wearing a mask when you know you should be wearing one is pathetic.

SB

This post has been edited by an administrator

Ok fella

COYB

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:22 - Jul 24 with 1897 viewsStokieBlue

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:20 - Jul 24 by SitfcB

Ok fella

You're an idiot.

Just look at the votes from others against your "opinion" in this thread. Look at other peoples opinions to your behaviour. It's not just me is it.

Do everyone a favour and sod off.

SB
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 22:25]

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:23 - Jul 24 with 1883 viewsVic

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:20 - Jul 24 by SitfcB

Ok fella

But, no it’s not OK Sitters! We all really need to mask up and do all we can do beat this thing.

Have a heart for other people who are around you - to old boy with a heart condition, the young person with asthma, the teacher or the nurse who if they get it affect loads more people. It really isn’t fair that by your action they are put at risk is it. It’s time for us all to do our bit.

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:24 - Jul 24 with 1873 viewsKieran_Knows

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:23 - Jul 24 by Vic

But, no it’s not OK Sitters! We all really need to mask up and do all we can do beat this thing.

Have a heart for other people who are around you - to old boy with a heart condition, the young person with asthma, the teacher or the nurse who if they get it affect loads more people. It really isn’t fair that by your action they are put at risk is it. It’s time for us all to do our bit.

Am I missing something here? You’re not required to wear a mask at your seat are you? The club have said that, haven’t they?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:25 - Jul 24 with 1857 viewsSitfcB

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:22 - Jul 24 by StokieBlue

You're an idiot.

Just look at the votes from others against your "opinion" in this thread. Look at other peoples opinions to your behaviour. It's not just me is it.

Do everyone a favour and sod off.

SB
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 22:25]

I saw other people’s opinions with my own eyes today and last night at Newmarket, those that actually are attending events at the minute.

Unfortunately virtual point scoring isn’t the real world old boy.

COYB

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:26 - Jul 24 with 1842 viewsSitfcB

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:23 - Jul 24 by Vic

Like I said, not one fan in SBRL (from what I could see in a prominent position) was wearing a mask in the near empty stands, apart from the stewards.

COYB

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:27 - Jul 24 with 1847 viewsStokieBlue

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:25 - Jul 24 by SitfcB

I saw other people’s opinions with my own eyes today and last night at Newmarket, those that actually are attending events at the minute.

Unfortunately virtual point scoring isn’t the real world old boy.

Yet plenty of this thread think you're an idiot.

It's not big and clever to continually downplay covid like you have for months. You should be long gone from this website. Perhaps you're just a bit thick.

The sooner you're gone and can take your place in the Twitterati the better as far as I'm concerned.

SB
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 22:27]

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:28 - Jul 24 with 1832 viewsKieran_Knows

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:27 - Jul 24 by StokieBlue

Yet plenty of this thread think you're an idiot.

It's not big and clever to continually downplay covid like you have for months. You should be long gone from this website. Perhaps you're just a bit thick.

The sooner you're gone and can take your place in the Twitterati the better as far as I'm concerned.

SB
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 22:27]

Can I simply ask, what has Sitters said that is wrong? He wore a mask when required, and didn’t wear a mask when not required (in the stands).

So what’s the issue? Or am I going completely mad and missing something here?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:28 - Jul 24 with 1824 viewsVic

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:24 - Jul 24 by Kieran_Knows

Am I missing something here? You’re not required to wear a mask at your seat are you? The club have said that, haven’t they?

No you’re not missing something! All I’m saying is that when near other people it’s only fair to everyone else that we all mask up.

If no one is sitting near you then no need to mask up, but surely it’s better to if someone is near you (ie, within a couple of metres).

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:30 - Jul 24 with 1805 viewsSitfcB

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:28 - Jul 24 by Kieran_Knows

Can I simply ask, what has Sitters said that is wrong? He wore a mask when required, and didn’t wear a mask when not required (in the stands).

I think Stokie is jealous some of us are out trying to enjoy life again.

COYB

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:30 - Jul 24 with 1802 viewsStokieBlue

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:28 - Jul 24 by Kieran_Knows

He literally said he didn't wear a mask in the concourse where it is a requirement.

Perhaps you should read the posts before jumping to the defence of an idiot.

He's spent the last year downplaying covid - I don't give a cr*p what he says - he's a disgrace.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024