Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olympic Sport you don't normally watch 10:24 - Jul 25 with 1060 viewsKeno

but really get into - Judo

Did a bit at school and enjoyed and find watching it really fascinating

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 10:33 - Jul 25 with 1036 viewsMerseyBlue

The canoe and kayak slalom is a good watch, the strength and reaction times are something else.

Always makes me want to go kayaking again.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 10:37 - Jul 25 with 1034 viewsKeno

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 10:33 - Jul 25 by MerseyBlue

The canoe and kayak slalom is a good watch, the strength and reaction times are something else.

Always makes me want to go kayaking again.

Yes I agree with that!

Nice to have different sports to watch

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 10:44 - Jul 25 with 1022 viewsMerseyBlue

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 10:37 - Jul 25 by Keno

Yes I agree with that!

Nice to have different sports to watch

Yeah absolutely love the Olympics, it's a shame that the time difference makes this one a bit harder to enjoy than usual. I couldn't sleep last night so ended up watching Adam Peaty's semi-final in the swimming which was incredible!

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 10:51 - Jul 25 with 1008 viewsKeno

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 10:44 - Jul 25 by MerseyBlue

Yeah absolutely love the Olympics, it's a shame that the time difference makes this one a bit harder to enjoy than usual. I couldn't sleep last night so ended up watching Adam Peaty's semi-final in the swimming which was incredible!

I tend to take a few days to get into it, and like you say the time difference doesn’t help

Don’t understand why the japs have to it in the middle of the night

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 11:01 - Jul 25 with 992 viewsEdwardStone

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 10:51 - Jul 25 by Keno

I tend to take a few days to get into it, and like you say the time difference doesn’t help

Holding the events in the middle of the night is a cunning plan

Catch our athletes when we are sleepy and should be tucked up in the Olympic Village with a nice mug of Ovaltine
Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 11:01 - Jul 25 with 991 viewsMerseyBlue

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 10:51 - Jul 25 by Keno

Pretty selfish isn't it

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 11:18 - Jul 25 with 972 viewsfabian_illness

I’ve been watching some of the taekwondo, dismissed it in the past but I’ve enjoyed it this time.
The ladies cycling road race was fantastic, credit to the winner.
Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 11:35 - Jul 25 with 961 viewsfactual_blue

Whereas you normally spend a great deal of time watching beach volleyball, despite the various restraining orders.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 12:14 - Jul 25 with 938 viewsIllinoisblue

I had a moment of weakness yesterday and watched DEN v JPN in the Handball. Looks fun to play although the goalies were rubbish

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 12:20 - Jul 25 with 925 viewsMerseyBlue

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 12:14 - Jul 25 by Illinoisblue

I had a moment of weakness yesterday and watched DEN v JPN in the Handball. Looks fun to play although the goalies were rubbish

Handball is really fun - I used to be a goalkeeper at uni and it is incredibly hard. You can have a really good game and still concede a bucket load! My crowning glory was tipping a low shot onto the bar, before feeling a thud on the back of my head and turning round to see the ball rolling into the net. Good times.

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 12:44 - Jul 25 with 909 viewsKeno

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 11:35 - Jul 25 by factual_blue

Whereas you normally spend a great deal of time watching beach volleyball, despite the various restraining orders.

Nothing was ever proven about that and I really thought spectators where allowed in the shower as it was such a warm day

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 13:46 - Jul 25 with 861 viewsSwansea_Blue

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 12:44 - Jul 25 by Keno

Nothing was ever proven about that and I really thought spectators where allowed in the shower as it was such a warm day

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 14:01 - Jul 25 with 853 viewsfactual_blue

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 12:44 - Jul 25 by Keno

Sadly it all when wrong for you when you tried to explain 'My pen is in my hand. Would you use it to give me an autograph?'.

The Swedish ladies' volleyball team misheard you.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 15:17 - Jul 25 with 817 viewstractordownsouth

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 12:20 - Jul 25 by MerseyBlue

Handball is really fun - I used to be a goalkeeper at uni and it is incredibly hard. You can have a really good game and still concede a bucket load! My crowning glory was tipping a low shot onto the bar, before feeling a thud on the back of my head and turning round to see the ball rolling into the net. Good times.

Our school was lucky enough to have really good sports facilities so sports day was always a big event. I used to play in goal for the handball, presumably because I used to be a goalkeeper for my junior football team but still can't throw to save my life. I really enjoyed it as well, it's arguably even harder than being a football goalkeeper though with the speed of the ball.

As for other sports, I like watching the hockey at the Olympics too.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 16:40 - Jul 25 with 789 viewsMerseyBlue

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 15:17 - Jul 25 by tractordownsouth

Our school was lucky enough to have really good sports facilities so sports day was always a big event. I used to play in goal for the handball, presumably because I used to be a goalkeeper for my junior football team but still can't throw to save my life. I really enjoyed it as well, it's arguably even harder than being a football goalkeeper though with the speed of the ball.

Similar story for me, we were lucky to have a former England handball player as a physics teacher, he introduced it to us and that was that. When I got to uni they didn't have a team so I ended up roping in a few football friends to spread the word and by the Christmas of first year we had a good crop of players and a coach. Completely agree about the difficulty and speed, especially as the ball is considerably smaller than a football!

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 17:45 - Jul 25 with 754 viewsEdmundo

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 15:17 - Jul 25 by tractordownsouth

The hockey is good, but my God, if you thought football VAR was bad for the game, take a look at the hockey version (GBR v Germany Women's being a good example).

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 17:56 - Jul 25 with 744 viewsKeno

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 14:01 - Jul 25 by factual_blue

Sadly it all when wrong for you when you tried to explain 'My pen is in my hand. Would you use it to give me an autograph?'.

The Swedish ladies' volleyball team misheard you.

Knowing the captain was from a lovely little village all I asked whether what Fjukeby was like

Maybe I didn’t pronounce it right?

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 18:15 - Jul 25 with 731 viewsgtsb1966

Bring back tug of war. Was an Olympic event years ago.
Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 18:42 - Jul 25 with 714 viewsEdwardStone

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 18:15 - Jul 25 by gtsb1966

As was poetry writing

Seems a bit limp compared to some of the more modern sports
Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 18:44 - Jul 25 with 712 viewsRadlett_blue

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 18:15 - Jul 25 by gtsb1966

In 1908, Britain entered 3 teams, all from various police divisions. Only 2 other countries entered & the Americans withdrew after losing the first tug to the Liverpool police, in protest at them wearing their service boots. The Scousers saw off Sweden in the semi final, but were out-tugged by the City of London police in the final. The Swedes failed to turn up for the bronze medal match & 3rd place went to the Met (Stepney division).

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 18:50 - Jul 25 with 705 viewsgtsb1966

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 18:44 - Jul 25 by Radlett_blue

In 1908, Britain entered 3 teams, all from various police divisions. Only 2 other countries entered & the Americans withdrew after losing the first tug to the Liverpool police, in protest at them wearing their service boots. The Scousers saw off Sweden in the semi final, but were out-tugged by the City of London police in the final. The Swedes failed to turn up for the bronze medal match & 3rd place went to the Met (Stepney division).

Years ago in Sudbury teams from the local pubs would have a tug of war competition on the market hill on May day. There was a big crowd to watch. It's sad how traditions die out.
Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 19:00 - Jul 25 with 700 viewsgtsb1966

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 18:42 - Jul 25 by EdwardStone

As was poetry writing

Seems a bit limp compared to some of the more modern sports

Really...that made me laugh.
Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 20:29 - Jul 25 with 654 viewsKeno

Olympic Sport you don't normally watch on 19:00 - Jul 25 by gtsb1966

Really...that made me laugh.

Maybe we should start up a petition
for an Olympic poerty competition
with rhymes that are both true and bold
I'm sure that I bring back the gold