Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here 16:53 - Jul 26 with 2063 viewsSteve_M

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/jul/26/how-we-made-viz?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 17:29 - Jul 26 with 1981 viewsNthQldITFC

I always enjoyed Raffles the Gentleman Thug.

"Will you, perchance, be passing the portals of Paddington Infirmary on your way back to the palace, Your Majesty?"

"Why, yes indeed I will, Raffles."

"Might I then respectfully suggest that you take the opportunity to get that f****r stitched y'c..."

or something like that.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 17:54 - Jul 26 with 1935 viewsOldsmoker

Always liked Roger Mellie, the man on the telly.

In Top Tips one week there were 2 letters from the same guy.

Don't bother looking both ways when crossing a one-way street.

Paul, Durham.

Always look both ways when crossing a one-way street just in case some pillock is going the wrong way.

Paul, Durham Hospital.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 19:30 - Jul 26 with 1857 viewsDebsyAngel

Still own a couple of the annuals and follow them on Facebook. The top tips were always my favourite, and Spoilt Bastard, Roger Irrelevant, and the spoof adverts.
A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 19:40 - Jul 26 with 1833 viewsBlueBadger

It's not as funny as it used to be.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 19:43 - Jul 26 with 1831 viewsSteve_M

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 19:40 - Jul 26 by BlueBadger

It's not as funny as it used to be.

Of course not, difficult to keep something going for so long.

It holds up better than your jokes mind.....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 19:48 - Jul 26 with 1821 viewsOldsmoker

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 19:30 - Jul 26 by DebsyAngel

Still own a couple of the annuals and follow them on Facebook. The top tips were always my favourite, and Spoilt Bastard, Roger Irrelevant, and the spoof adverts.

As Top Tips are your favs then here's some top tips.

Want to know the time? Go to Argos and buy a cheap watch. The time is written on the till receipt.

Cinema Builders. Don't bother with front row seats as no-one ever sits in them.
Start with the second row.

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 19:50 - Jul 26 with 1815 viewsfactual_blue

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 19:43 - Jul 26 by Steve_M

Of course not, difficult to keep something going for so long.

It holds up better than your jokes mind.....

That's a bar set pretty low, to be honest.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 19:52 - Jul 26 with 1809 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Wish I’d have kept some of the old copies. Might have been worth a few quid now.

Still enjoy Viz even now I’ve turned 60. Essential reading on the lav’.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 19:55 - Jul 26 with 1800 viewsWarkystache

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 19:30 - Jul 26 by DebsyAngel

I've got every annual up to the mid 1990's.

Personal favourites: Top Tips, Letterbocks, Finbarr Saunders, Spawny Get, Nobby's Piles and Gilbert Ratchet.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 19:58 - Jul 26 with 1790 viewsWarkystache

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 19:48 - Jul 26 by Oldsmoker

As Top Tips are your favs then here's some top tips.

Want to know the time? Go to Argos and buy a cheap watch. The time is written on the till receipt.

Cinema Builders. Don't bother with front row seats as no-one ever sits in them.
Start with the second row.

A hard boiled egg, sliced in half lengthways and with the yoke taken out, makes an ideal urinal for a hamster's cage.

Convince the postman you've just been sick by tipping a tin of Heinz Pea and Ham soup down your front before answering the door.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 20:47 - Jul 26 with 1725 viewsDebsyAngel

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 19:58 - Jul 26 by Warkystache

A hard boiled egg, sliced in half lengthways and with the yoke taken out, makes an ideal urinal for a hamster's cage.

Convince the postman you've just been sick by tipping a tin of Heinz Pea and Ham soup down your front before answering the door.

Ha ha!!

Loved the one today:
Several crabsticks glued together make an ideal high protein low carb alternative to a stick of rock when you visit the seaside. Be sure to keep a red biro handy so you can write the name of the resort on the inside after each bite.
A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 20:49 - Jul 26 with 1709 viewsPendejo

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 17:29 - Jul 26 by NthQldITFC

I always enjoyed Raffles the Gentleman Thug.

"Will you, perchance, be passing the portals of Paddington Infirmary on your way back to the palace, Your Majesty?"

"Why, yes indeed I will, Raffles."

"Might I then respectfully suggest that you take the opportunity to get that f****r stitched y'c..."

or something like that.

Don't recall that one.

Vernon Pratt Cockney Tvvat made me chuckle

Not to forget Mick Mills once featured in a story.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 20:50 - Jul 26 with 1700 viewsDebsyAngel

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 20:49 - Jul 26 by Pendejo

Don't recall that one.

Vernon Pratt Cockney Tvvat made me chuckle

Not to forget Mick Mills once featured in a story.

Perhaps we could convince Paul Cook to sign Billy The Fish....
A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 22:09 - Jul 26 with 1641 viewsBlueBadger

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 19:50 - Jul 26 by factual_blue

That's a bar set pretty low, to be honest.

Even YOU are not old enough to remember when my jokes were funny, in all fairness.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 23:02 - Jul 26 with 1605 viewsSeablu

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 20:47 - Jul 26 by DebsyAngel

Ha ha!!

Loved the one today:
Several crabsticks glued together make an ideal high protein low carb alternative to a stick of rock when you visit the seaside. Be sure to keep a red biro handy so you can write the name of the resort on the inside after each bite.

Avoid parking tickets by simply leaving your windscreen wipers running whilst you nip into the butchers.
A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 10:59 - Jul 27 with 1437 viewsDubtractor

This is one of my favourite bits from recent years. Makes me chuckle every time.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 11:28 - Jul 27 with 1407 viewsstonojnr

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 20:50 - Jul 26 by DebsyAngel

Perhaps we could convince Paul Cook to sign Billy The Fish....

Johnny X has been a regular at the club since the 90s
A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 12:11 - Jul 27 with 1380 viewsleitrimblue

Big fan of acid head Ernie and big Vern( yer never take me alive coppers)
A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 12:55 - Jul 27 with 1326 viewsWeWereZombies

Almost to the bottom of page one and no mention of Buster Gonads? This is today's music related poll with no option to vote for Brian Eno all over again...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 14:25 - Jul 27 with 1280 viewsDebsyAngel

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 12:55 - Jul 27 by WeWereZombies

Almost to the bottom of page one and no mention of Buster Gonads? This is today's music related poll with no option to vote for Brian Eno all over again...

Also not mentioned is Biffa Bacon - loved him!
A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 14:38 - Jul 27 with 1269 viewsfactual_blue

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 22:09 - Jul 26 by BlueBadger

Even YOU are not old enough to remember when my jokes were funny, in all fairness.

The first really funny joke I heard was when Eve looked at Adam, and then at the apple tree and said 'nice Cox'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 15:42 - Jul 27 with 1238 viewsBluespeed225

89-91, quarterly, couldn’t wait to get my hands on it. Bertie Blunt, His Parrots a ….., Nobbys Piles, Finbar Saunders,, and of course, The Thieving Gypsie Ba…..ts,! The Tips continue to be of use.
A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 16:55 - Jul 27 with 1188 viewsOldsmoker

A bit in the Guardian on the early days of Viz here on 12:55 - Jul 27 by WeWereZombies

Or Sid the Sexist or the Fat Slags.
Of course they are un-pc nowadays but isn't that the point of Viz.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024