Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly 21:48 - Jul 26 with 3159 viewsunstableblue

Not going to be a ‘chance to put some minutes into the legs’ or a ‘meaningless warm-up game’

Cook will be desperate to beat the old guard and show the fans he’s putting together a better team and system than the players and effort he so derided

Judge, Sears, Skuse and most tellingly Chambers will want to prove a very big point to Cook and the Town fans, as we know the reality of Chambers opinion of Cook.

Going to be a good battle, looking forward to it. But dreading any injuries. Would love a good win and importantly goals.

I’ll be there.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 21:50 - Jul 26 with 2740 viewsThai_Blue

Gillingham beat Colchester 2 - 0 on Saturday. Not sure on the line ups
Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 21:55 - Jul 26 with 2682 viewsJ2BLUE

You come out with some rubbish mate.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 21:57 - Jul 26 with 2652 viewsclive_baker

Wouldn’t imagine Cook will give a toss about any of them to be honest. Just a local and convenient pre season friendly to get some minutes into them. Still, let’s hope we can create some chances.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 22:02 - Jul 26 with 2584 viewswkj

I am sure it will be a game that Cook expects a win from. Not sure about the whole rivalry thing, I doubt Cooks give a fig who is playing for Colchester.

I'm sure cook expects a win vs Colchester and a competitive performance against Milwall to get the player's minds in check for the season - nout more nout less

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 22:07 - Jul 26 with 2527 viewschrismakin

Itll be the same as previous, 60 minutes first team.

Sat v Millwall will be our first proper game of pre season.

Result tomorrow wont be important. It will be the shape. The work rate, tempo and more understanding of each others runs that he will be looking at.

The old guard wont come into his thoughts.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 22:11]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 22:09 - Jul 26 with 2504 viewsIllinoisblue

Lol

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 22:21 - Jul 26 with 2412 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Why would Cook be desperate to beat the old s**t that had let him down in the last two months ago?

He told them to f**k off as he wants the club to move forward.

Do you really think he cares about what they think of him?
Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 22:22 - Jul 26 with 2402 viewsN2_Blue

dear oh dear.

What a load of crap. It's a pre season friendly. It will mean nothing whether we lose 3-0 or win 3-0.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 22:26 - Jul 26 with 2363 viewsJDB23

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 21:57 - Jul 26 by clive_baker

Wouldn’t imagine Cook will give a toss about any of them to be honest. Just a local and convenient pre season friendly to get some minutes into them. Still, let’s hope we can create some chances.

Yeah, Cook wont even mention it and most of our players have no connection to those who left. From our side its very much just another local pre-season friendly.
Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 22:35 - Jul 26 with 2285 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’ve heard he’s taken out contracts on our former players in the event we lose. Def info .

He’ll be concentrating on how to use the 90 minutes of game time to get us a step closer to the start of the season. Nothing else.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 23:42 - Jul 26 with 2018 viewsunstableblue

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 21:55 - Jul 26 by J2BLUE

You come out with some rubbish mate.

I love the old ‘mate’ at the end of a slating.

I still remain of the view that Chambo will be desperate for a win and a good performance against his old team and against the manager he has slated.

And I also think Cook - for all the platitudes and ‘it’s only pre-season quotes’ - will personally be keen on a win to show his new crop up are a step up on what he slated and let go so vocally. Perhaps skuse, judge, Sears are not the biggest culprits in Cooks mind.

Also Cook will want goals and a win from his first team, in their easiest pre season.

To say tomorrow means nothing to our ex players and cook is rubbish.

To quote Col U news story:

“ With a number of former Town players dotted through the U's squad, they will be wanting to get one over on their former employees on Tuesday evening when the sides meet”

Yeah rubbish. I’ll be there and will gladly put my hands if I feel it’s a game lacking real energy and intent.

It’s a football forum.

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 23:46 - Jul 26 with 1999 viewsHipsterectomy

Those players are not very good at winning 'derbies'

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 23:48 - Jul 26 with 1991 viewsunstableblue

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 22:35 - Jul 26 by Swansea_Blue

I’ve heard he’s taken out contracts on our former players in the event we lose. Def info .

He’ll be concentrating on how to use the 90 minutes of game time to get us a step closer to the start of the season. Nothing else.

He had a horses head placed in Chambo’s bed last night…. Definite info

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 23:51 - Jul 26 with 1975 viewsJ2BLUE

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 23:42 - Jul 26 by unstableblue

I still remain of the view that Chambo will be desperate for a win and a good performance against his old team and against the manager he has slated.

And I also think Cook - for all the platitudes and ‘it’s only pre-season quotes’ - will personally be keen on a win to show his new crop up are a step up on what he slated and let go so vocally. Perhaps skuse, judge, Sears are not the biggest culprits in Cooks mind.

Also Cook will want goals and a win from his first team, in their easiest pre season.

“ With a number of former Town players dotted through the U's squad, they will be wanting to get one over on their former employees on Tuesday evening when the sides meet”

Yeah rubbish. I’ll be there and will gladly put my hands if I feel it’s a game lacking real energy and intent.

It’s a football forum.

A slating lol. It's a friendly. You are a bit of a drama queen though.

No offence intended and I hope you enjoy the game.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 00:08 - Jul 27 with 1908 viewsunstableblue

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 22:02 - Jul 26 by wkj

I am sure it will be a game that Cook expects a win from. Not sure about the whole rivalry thing, I doubt Cooks give a fig who is playing for Colchester.

I'm sure cook expects a win vs Colchester and a competitive performance against Milwall to get the player's minds in check for the season - nout more nout less

With Gillingham beating them 2-0 as someone pointed out, and the tougher prospect of Millwall in our LAST pre-season on Saturday - I agree Cook will expect and want a win, and to get some goals from the new forward players.

Yes pre-season is primarily conditioning as everyone is saying, but it’s also getting the moves and partnerships settled, and getting a winning and attacking mentality if at all possible.

The counter argument is some of our best seasons have followed poor pre seasons. But I had a look back over our best seasons in memory… 14/15 P5 W3 D2 F10 A1 (incl 0-0 with West Ham)
99/00 P5 W3 D1 L1 F9 A5 (1-2 loss to FC Twente the bigger game)

Understand people’s view it’s meaningless at Col U…. But don’t buy there’s no emotion in this… Let us see

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 00:15 - Jul 27 with 1882 viewsunstableblue

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 21:50 - Jul 26 by Thai_Blue

Colchester United: Gerken (Trialist D 62’), Welch-Hayes (Trialist A 79’), Clampin (Eastman 70’), Chambers (Beadle 70’), Smith, Wiredu(Tovide 79’), Skuse (Trialist C 70’), Sears (Nouble 70’), Chilvers (Cornish 79’), Coxe (Thomas 79’), Trialist B

Unused Substitutes: Collins, Judge

7 ex players played. Judge unused but he played a lot of the spurs game. So maybe we’ll see 8 tomorrow

Always quite liked Eastman

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 00:21 - Jul 27 with 1876 viewsunstableblue

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 22:22 - Jul 26 by N2_Blue

dear oh dear.

What a load of crap. It's a pre season friendly. It will mean nothing whether we lose 3-0 or win 3-0.

I’m a drama queen and am very hurt by your negative response and use of the ‘c’ word

I may seek counselling

I’m sure Cook and the players would prefer a 3-0 though!! (I would). Just saying. And am pretty sure gerken, Chambo, smith, Eastman, Skuse, Sears, judge, and noble would be pretty pleased with a 3-0 win over their former club. So may I humbly suggest it does mean a little more than nothing.

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 00:38 - Jul 27 with 1820 viewsStNeotsBlue

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 23:42 - Jul 26 by unstableblue

It’s a football forum.

What has Chambers said about Cook? I've only seen the video the club did when it was announced he was leaving.
Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 08:37 - Jul 27 with 1228 viewsblu_dru

It’s a football forum.

Chambo was watching Black Widow at Empire with Wayne Brown until half 10 last night so he deffo wont have had his 8 hours..
Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 08:43 - Jul 27 with 1189 viewsSitfcB

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 00:38 - Jul 27 by StNeotsBlue

What has Chambers said about Cook? I've only seen the video the club did when it was announced he was leaving.

He called him a nasty man in the toilets.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 08:57 - Jul 27 with 1100 viewsITFC_RDM

it's a pre season friendly... minutes in the legs and a chance to let the players gel and work on a system a bit more is all it's ever going to be.

Fairly strange you're trying to big it up to be more in you're own head.
Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 09:00 - Jul 27 with 1072 viewsfranz_tyson

To be fair, it is a talking point about the number of ex Town players in their side. I’d expect EADT and TWTD to make something of it in their coverage.

Just hope Chambers has got over his toilet rage and doesn’t take it out on our new signings. It’s probably going to mean more to them than us.
Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 09:11 - Jul 27 with 1024 viewsWallingford_Boy

Yes, to an extent I agree with you.

Cook won't be "desperate" to win, but will want the win in this game more than the previous two (three if you include the Fulham game).

I imagine the old boys will be up for it, the crowd will cerainly be, so definitely a better atmosphere and hopefully a higher tempo than the other games too.

Ignore the usual lot on here that want to the put others down all the time, if you don't agree with something on a forum, fine to give counter arguments (or ignore), but no need to be rude.

RIP Sir Bobby

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 09:24 - Jul 27 with 960 viewsMrTown

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 21:50 - Jul 26 by Thai_Blue

Both went full strength for the first 70 minutes - score was 1-0 at the time. Host of changes around the 70 minute mark. Gillingham made it 2 later in the game.

Suspect Col U will go full strength, as we will for the first 60. Only 2 weeks and 2 more games to get minutes in to legs.

Suspect we will go full strength for 75-80 minutes v Millwall (who are ironically playing Gillingham tonight).

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 09:25 - Jul 27 with 960 viewsBryanPlug

Not expecting tomorrow night to ‘just’ another pre-season friendly on 23:46 - Jul 26 by Hipsterectomy

Those players are not very good at winning 'derbies'

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024