Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away end sold out for tonight.... 12:27 - Jul 27 with 2080 viewsITFC_RDM

Fair play. great support especially at those stupid prices.
Away end sold out for tonight.... on 12:39 - Jul 27 with 1724 viewsnoggin

So they were right to charge 18 quid then.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 12:46 - Jul 27 with 1666 viewsITFC_RDM

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 12:39 - Jul 27 by noggin

So they were right to charge 18 quid then.

on one hand. on the other... taking the mick a bit isn't it. in fairness, they are trying to make up for last year to a certain degree. shouldn't exploit like they have though.
Away end sold out for tonight.... on 12:48 - Jul 27 with 1639 viewsnoggin

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 12:46 - Jul 27 by ITFC_RDM

on one hand. on the other... taking the mick a bit isn't it. in fairness, they are trying to make up for last year to a certain degree. shouldn't exploit like they have though.

It's hardly exploitation. I wouldn't have paid it but I also wouldn't be too bothered about not attending a friendly.

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 12:54 - Jul 27 with 1589 viewsITFC_RDM

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 12:48 - Jul 27 by noggin

It's hardly exploitation. I wouldn't have paid it but I also wouldn't be too bothered about not attending a friendly.

well it is. £6 a ticket added on to their last home friendly, just because they know we will take a load. it's about as clear as it gets when it comes to exploitation.
Away end sold out for tonight.... on 13:00 - Jul 27 with 1552 viewsAero

Colchester vs Spurs friendly tickets were £25
Away end sold out for tonight.... on 13:00 - Jul 27 with 1554 viewsPassionNotAnger

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 12:54 - Jul 27 by ITFC_RDM

well it is. £6 a ticket added on to their last home friendly, just because they know we will take a load. it's about as clear as it gets when it comes to exploitation.

It's no different to other clubs who categorise league matches against bigger clubs or charge more for a cup match against higher league opponents than those from lower leagues.

Simply supply and demand

The amount of moaning for the sake of £3 extra (from past seasons) when you lot are celebrating 13000+ ST sales and about to spend a rumoured £1m on a defender is frankly embarrassing and churlish
Away end sold out for tonight.... on 13:09 - Jul 27 with 1495 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 13:00 - Jul 27 by PassionNotAnger

It's no different to other clubs who categorise league matches against bigger clubs or charge more for a cup match against higher league opponents than those from lower leagues.

Simply supply and demand

The amount of moaning for the sake of £3 extra (from past seasons) when you lot are celebrating 13000+ ST sales and about to spend a rumoured £1m on a defender is frankly embarrassing and churlish

"when you lot are celebrating 13000+ ST sales"

Finally admitting you're not a Town supporter? Who are you then, a budgie?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 13:12 - Jul 27 with 1457 viewsnoggin

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 13:09 - Jul 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

Colchester, I assumed.

Login to get fewer ads

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 13:14 - Jul 27 with 1437 viewsPassionNotAnger

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 13:09 - Jul 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

No, I've never hidden I was a Col U fan from when I first registered on this board - and from when I first started posting to confirm what a scum-bag Lambert was and shared what had happened when he was with us.
Away end sold out for tonight.... on 13:19 - Jul 27 with 1384 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 13:14 - Jul 27 by PassionNotAnger

No, I've never hidden I was a Col U fan from when I first registered on this board - and from when I first started posting to confirm what a scum-bag Lambert was and shared what had happened when he was with us.

I'm not really a follower of your work, although I notice you attack me quite a lot (which is weird given your moniker). Good to know you're not an Ipswich supporter though.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 13:22 - Jul 27 with 1370 viewsReuser_is_God

Great support?

It’ll just be virgins singing “one fcuking Chambers”

I’d rather go & watch Norwich than witness that.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 13:24 - Jul 27 with 1349 viewsPassionNotAnger

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 13:19 - Jul 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'm not really a follower of your work, although I notice you attack me quite a lot (which is weird given your moniker). Good to know you're not an Ipswich supporter though.

I've not "attacked" anyone - it's an online forum - I certainly think I've criticised you a few times as I've felt you have been unnecessarily argumentative on occasions but have yet to be sanctioned or criticised by the moderators so have clearly done so within the rules?

As for the comment about it's "good to know you're not an Ipswich supporter though" - not sure if you are trying to demonstrate a level of childishness or whatever but I'm not sure of the relevance or poor point you are trying to make?
Away end sold out for tonight.... on 14:59 - Jul 27 with 1124 viewsBryanPlug

Simply supply and demand

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:33 - Jul 27 with 1027 viewsPassionNotAnger

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 14:59 - Jul 27 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Let's break it down - it's a bit rich (in my opinion) of some fans moaning about an increase of £3 in ticket prices for a local friendly against a league 2 club deprived of income for 18 months whilst simultaneously celebrating how many season ticket holders you have (generating large income ) and spending large sums of money on new signings.

You may not agree and that's fine - but I just find it a big contradiction that some Ipswich fans are really moaning over paying £3 quid extra right now
Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:36 - Jul 27 with 1006 viewsitfcjoe

Simply supply and demand

You realise it is the club soending money, not the fanbase? The new owners haven't given me a load of extra cash to spend on pre season games.

I'll be putting my hard earned into Braintree's coffers rather than Colchester's tonight

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:36 - Jul 27 with 1002 viewsglasso

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:33 - Jul 27 by PassionNotAnger

Let's break it down - it's a bit rich (in my opinion) of some fans moaning about an increase of £3 in ticket prices for a local friendly against a league 2 club deprived of income for 18 months whilst simultaneously celebrating how many season ticket holders you have (generating large income ) and spending large sums of money on new signings.

You may not agree and that's fine - but I just find it a big contradiction that some Ipswich fans are really moaning over paying £3 quid extra right now

You know that supporting a 'rich' club doesn't actually make us rich, right?
Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:37 - Jul 27 with 995 viewsitfcjoe

£15 was overpriced last year, I begrudged paying that for a friendly

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:38 - Jul 27 with 982 viewsnoggin

There is a lot of flouncing here, over £3.

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:40 - Jul 27 with 960 viewsnoggin

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:37 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

£15 was overpriced last year, I begrudged paying that for a friendly

So don't pay it.

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:40 - Jul 27 with 955 viewsSkip_Intro

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:36 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

You realise it is the club soending money, not the fanbase? The new owners haven't given me a load of extra cash to spend on pre season games.

I'll be putting my hard earned into Braintree's coffers rather than Colchester's tonight

I'm surprised that your mate Chambo hasn't got you a freebie...
Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:41 - Jul 27 with 950 viewsPassionNotAnger

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:36 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

Yeah I realise the difference and if that £3 makes all the difference to you (or others) don't attend = everyone can make their own choice - just thought it petty some of the comments about Cowling "ripping off" people etc given the vast difference in financial position of both clubs.

If money was such an issue for you though Joe I'm sure Chambers could have secured you a couple of comp tickets?
Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:44 - Jul 27 with 922 viewsITFC_RDM

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:38 - Jul 27 by noggin

There is a lot of flouncing here, over £3.

you seem to be very pro Col U over charging for a friendly, which is a bit odd in itself.

It's not about £3, as £15 is far too much for a friendly against league 2 opposition. it's exploiting the fact that people will pay it.
Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:45 - Jul 27 with 901 viewsitfcjoe

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:41 - Jul 27 by PassionNotAnger

Yeah I realise the difference and if that £3 makes all the difference to you (or others) don't attend = everyone can make their own choice - just thought it petty some of the comments about Cowling "ripping off" people etc given the vast difference in financial position of both clubs.

If money was such an issue for you though Joe I'm sure Chambers could have secured you a couple of comp tickets?

£18 is a rip off for a friendly between a League 2 team and a League 1 team, whatever the reasons behind it and I don't think blaming financial positions of the teams is valid, it is about the here and now of statuses.

Money isn't that much of an issue, I could afford it if I thought it was a fair price and the stadium experience was worthwhile, but it simply isn't.

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:47 - Jul 27 with 868 viewsnoggin

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:44 - Jul 27 by ITFC_RDM

you seem to be very pro Col U over charging for a friendly, which is a bit odd in itself.

It's not about £3, as £15 is far too much for a friendly against league 2 opposition. it's exploiting the fact that people will pay it.

The away end is sold out. Had they charged £50, it wouldn't have sold out. People are clearly happy to pay 18.

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:50 - Jul 27 with 824 viewsnoggin

Away end sold out for tonight.... on 15:44 - Jul 27 by ITFC_RDM

I really don't care what they charge. If I think it's too much I don't buy a ticket. Out of interest, what did we charge away fans last season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024