Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wonder what we'll look like 20:28 - Jul 27 with 2054 viewschrismakin

When we get out of first gear

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:30 - Jul 27 with 1757 viewsreusersfreekicks

If
Wonder what we'll look like on 20:30 - Jul 27 with 1748 viewsScuzzer

Still cant defend set pieces.
Hope Edmundson improves things.

Established 1968

Wonder what we'll look likep on 20:33 - Jul 27 with 1618 viewsSharkey

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:30 - Jul 27 by Scuzzer

Some quality delivery from the Colchester number 10
Wonder what we'll look like on 20:34 - Jul 27 with 1593 viewschrismakin

Add Evans, Edmundson, Toto, KVY, etc into the set piece, it's much better

Don't forget we've got a thrown together backline out there instead

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:37 - Jul 27 with 1549 viewsMach_foreignBlue

We are playing with Woolfenden and Ndaba as our CB's today so why are you surprised? Neither of them is expected to be our first choice CB in new season.

Play Nsiala-Edmundson and things should be better.
Wonder what we'll look like on 20:38 - Jul 27 with 1510 viewswkj

I don't think we've played too poorly, except for Holy. Im pretty confident who will be the first choice keeper based on tonight.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:38 - Jul 27 with 1506 viewschrismakin

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:37 - Jul 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

We are playing with Woolfenden and Ndaba as our CB's today so why are you surprised? Neither of them is expected to be our first choice CB in new season.

And more importanly Holy, who's never been good at crosses

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:40 - Jul 27 with 1475 viewsBryanPlug

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:38 - Jul 27 by chrismakin

And more importanly Holy, who's never been good at crosses

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:41 - Jul 27 with 1469 viewspointofblue

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:37 - Jul 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

Surely our preferred centre back pairing will be a new experienced signing alongside Edmundson? Nsiala is accident prone and you don't sign someone for a million at this level and put them behind a younger player, even if that player has more league experience.

Think Woolfenden would be better off asking for a move away - he's been treated like a baby sitter for the past season and it's no wonder he's regressed.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:43 - Jul 27 with 1427 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:41 - Jul 27 by pointofblue

Surely our preferred centre back pairing will be a new experienced signing alongside Edmundson? Nsiala is accident prone and you don't sign someone for a million at this level and put them behind a younger player, even if that player has more league experience.

Think Woolfenden would be better off asking for a move away - he's been treated like a baby sitter for the past season and it's no wonder he's regressed.

Nsiala has played well enough last season to warrant his place in the starting line-up.
Wonder what we'll look like on 20:44 - Jul 27 with 1398 viewswkj

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:43 - Jul 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

Nsiala has played well enough last season to warrant his place in the starting line-up.

Though he will need to play much better if we're to go up.

Crybaby

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:45 - Jul 27 with 1377 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Really? Totally disagree with you there Mach. Think he’s the most accident-prone centre back I’ve seen in my life. He gives away about 8 penalties a year too!

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:46 - Jul 27 with 1360 viewspointofblue

He's far too unpredictable and not sure if he can play the role of a ball playing centre back which Cook prefers. Great player to have as back up, if he is happy with that.

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:48 - Jul 27 with 1300 viewswkj

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:46 - Jul 27 by pointofblue

He's far too unpredictable and not sure if he can play the role of a ball playing centre back which Cook prefers. Great player to have as back up, if he is happy with that.

Aiye... he's no Chambers - That is for sure

Crybaby

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:48 - Jul 27 with 1295 viewsFixed_It

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:45 - Jul 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Really? Totally disagree with you there Mach. Think he’s the most accident-prone centre back I’ve seen in my life. He gives away about 8 penalties a year too!

No. He played very well last season overall.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:49 - Jul 27 with 1270 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The problem is that he's been scrutinized more than anyone else in our team. Mercilessly slated for every poor kick, every mistake.

Chambers and Woolfenden's mistakes were never criticised as much. Nowhere near that. Their mistakes were paved over by many of our fans.
Wonder what we'll look like on 20:51 - Jul 27 with 1232 viewswkj

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:49 - Jul 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

The problem is that he's been scrutinized more than anyone else in our team. Mercilessly slated for every poor kick, every mistake.

Chambers and Woolfenden's mistakes were never criticised as much. Nowhere near that. Their mistakes were paved over by many of our fans.

Now you're just making it all up a bit - Chambers, Toto, and Wolfenden received a pelting as much as anyone else did last year

Crybaby

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:52 - Jul 27 with 1215 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:49 - Jul 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

I agree about the OTT criticism of him. Still not sure I’d say he played well last season overall though. And let’s face it, they were all (rightly) given stick for the shambles they produced last year.

In fact, I don’t think any of our lads played well last season tbh.

These new lads are going to be 10 times better than the likes of last years failures.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 20:54]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:54 - Jul 27 with 1175 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:51 - Jul 27 by wkj

Now you're just making it all up a bit - Chambers, Toto, and Wolfenden received a pelting as much as anyone else did last year

Totally disagree with you particularly about Woolfenden.

Take 2-3 home defeat to Swindon where he was shocking. But people weren't talking about it. People were talking about him having been trembling in the post-match interview.
Wonder what we'll look like on 20:57 - Jul 27 with 1146 viewswkj

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:54 - Jul 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

Take 2-3 home defeat to Swindon where he was shocking. But people weren't talking about it. People were talking about him having been trembling in the post-match interview.

I really can't recall each individual game, but there were plenty of people calling for Wolfenden to be binned off last season. I really can't remember any of the players getting much of a glittering review on here at all.

Crybaby

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:58 - Jul 27 with 1139 viewspointofblue

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:54 - Jul 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

For me Woolfenden gets a slight pass for being the senior centre back in practically every match last season. The year before he had Wilson or Chambers besides him which settled him; last season it was someone who hadn't played a league game in his life.

Chambers got quite a bit of criticism but I think Nsiala had a bad start and is seen as someone who represents the horrific Hurst era so does have it harder, I'll admit that. Think most expected more from him after his performances at Shrewsbury.

Wonder what we'll look like on 21:01 - Jul 27 with 1102 viewswkj

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:58 - Jul 27 by pointofblue

For me Woolfenden gets a slight pass for being the senior centre back in practically every match last season. The year before he had Wilson or Chambers besides him which settled him; last season it was someone who hadn't played a league game in his life.

Chambers got quite a bit of criticism but I think Nsiala had a bad start and is seen as someone who represents the horrific Hurst era so does have it harder, I'll admit that. Think most expected more from him after his performances at Shrewsbury.

This will be the key for Toto this year. In a slow game on the attack, he'll be okay, but I do fear how well he will fit into an attacking side with every chance we'll be hit on the counter a lot this season. If the wing-backs can't track back in time - Toto's composure and decision-making will need to be strong as well as his physical ability. This is where I start to worry.

Crybaby

Wonder what we'll look like on 21:02 - Jul 27 with 1088 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Wonder what we'll look like on 20:52 - Jul 27 by The_Romford_Blue

I agree about the OTT criticism of him. Still not sure I’d say he played well last season overall though. And let’s face it, they were all (rightly) given stick for the shambles they produced last year.

In fact, I don’t think any of our lads played well last season tbh.

These new lads are going to be 10 times better than the likes of last years failures.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 20:54]

Last years failures are in the Colchester team tonight. We are in the different era where Ipswich no longer should be the place for an easy payday.

You don't rate Toto. Fine. Your opinion. But he was better than anyone else in our defence last season imo.
Wonder what we'll look like on 21:13 - Jul 27 with 994 viewsGuthrum

He doesn't, really. More like three in his whole Town career. Moreover, he's exceedingly good at those last-ditch blocks which prevented us conceding on numerous occasions last season.

The commentaries for every game he played in were peppered with "Good block by Toto", "Great block by Nsiala" and the like.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Wonder what we'll look like on 21:16 - Jul 27 with 962 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Wonder what we'll look like on 21:13 - Jul 27 by Guthrum

He doesn't, really. More like three in his whole Town career. Moreover, he's exceedingly good at those last-ditch blocks which prevented us conceding on numerous occasions last season.

The commentaries for every game he played in were peppered with "Good block by Toto", "Great block by Nsiala" and the like.

BANG ON !

How many times indeed. Loads. But people never saw that. They seemed to be obsessed about 3 penalties he gave away last season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024