Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we going to play 442? 21:41 - Jul 27 with 1025 viewsHullblue

Every game I’ve thought we were only doing it because we were short of the attacking midfielders and wingers to play 4231, but suddenly we’ve only got one pre-season game left and we haven’t played our preferred system yet. Unless we are?

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Are we going to play 442? on 21:43 - Jul 27 with 991 viewswkj

This is Cook's prefered line up, so it's doubtful

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Are we going to play 442? on 21:43 - Jul 27 with 970 viewsWallingford_Boy

Was it not Bonne behind Pigott tonight?

Interesting if not.

4-4-2 suits this team much better.

RIP Sir Bobby

Are we going to play 442? on 21:44 - Jul 27 with 966 viewsCokeIsKey

I’ve got no clue what formation we’re trying to play now - just a cluster of attacking players at the top of the pitch. The Norwood Jackson sub would probably suggest Cook wants to play 2 up top.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Are we going to play 442? on 22:34 - Jul 27 with 786 viewsHullblue

Are we going to play 442? on 21:43 - Jul 27 by Wallingford_Boy

Was it not Bonne behind Pigott tonight?

Interesting if not.

4-4-2 suits this team much better.

Looked like a 442 to me. Even if one was playing slightly deeper they’re both 9s aren’t they - would be different if Fraser was playing behind one of them.

Are we going to play 442? on 23:10 - Jul 27 with 739 viewsNazemariner

It was a 4-2-3-1 formation tonight with Piggot dropping in whilst we were out of possession. When we had position the full backs go high, the 10 joins the 9, and the wingers look to come inside.
Are we going to play 442? on 23:13 - Jul 27 with 722 viewschrismakin

Are we going to play 442? on 21:44 - Jul 27 by CokeIsKey

I’ve got no clue what formation we’re trying to play now - just a cluster of attacking players at the top of the pitch. The Norwood Jackson sub would probably suggest Cook wants to play 2 up top.

Yep that's PC football and why it was so successful

We will blast forward with pace. Get the ball in the box and go at teams.

You wont see patient slow football next season and that's why we are signing so many various versions of attacking threats. We can change it around so often that opponents wont be able to set up against it with ease.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Are we going to play 442? on 07:17 - Jul 28 with 584 viewsHullblue

Are we going to play 442? on 23:10 - Jul 27 by Nazemariner

It was a 4-2-3-1 formation tonight with Piggot dropping in whilst we were out of possession. When we had position the full backs go high, the 10 joins the 9, and the wingers look to come inside.

That’s a 442 in my book. The striker picking up the deepest midfielder when the other team has possession is often standard 442 practice.

My point is that we were led to believe Cook was a religious 4231 man, so I was expecting a proper number 10 in and out of possession.

Are we going to play 442? on 07:43 - Jul 28 with 514 viewsHullblue

Are we going to play 442? on 23:13 - Jul 27 by chrismakin

Yep that's PC football and why it was so successful

We will blast forward with pace. Get the ball in the box and go at teams.

You wont see patient slow football next season and that's why we are signing so many various versions of attacking threats. We can change it around so often that opponents wont be able to set up against it with ease.

Is that true? Wigan and Portsmouth fans talked a lot about him playing football the right way so I had assumed that meant patient, passing stuff.

If he does like to play slightly more direct it’s quite funny that ME decided to ditch the club’s new playing philosophy within one season.

Login to get fewer ads

Are we going to play 442? on 07:46 - Jul 28 with 492 viewschrismakin

Are we going to play 442? on 07:43 - Jul 28 by Hullblue

Is that true? Wigan and Portsmouth fans talked a lot about him playing football the right way so I had assumed that meant patient, passing stuff.

If he does like to play slightly more direct it’s quite funny that ME decided to ditch the club’s new playing philosophy within one season.

Its grass based directness imo. Get the ball. Get it forward. If we lose it. Get it back go again. Go wide. Whip it in. Etc

Shape wise you'll see more of it off the ball than on it.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 8:08]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Are we going to play 442? on 08:14 - Jul 28 with 410 viewsHullblue

Are we going to play 442? on 07:46 - Jul 28 by chrismakin

Its grass based directness imo. Get the ball. Get it forward. If we lose it. Get it back go again. Go wide. Whip it in. Etc

Shape wise you'll see more of it off the ball than on it.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 8:08]

Yeah I get you - more Klopp than Guardiola.

I hear what you’re saying about the shape in possession but I think I was just expecting that second striker to actually be a midfielder, like Fraser. Even with the kind of mentality you’re talking about it would make us slightly more patient in the final third - having someone else whose natural inclination is to create rather than get in the box.

Not saying it’s bad at the moment, just not what I was expecting.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024