Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we really moaning tonight ?? 23:58 - Jul 27 with 1621 viewsPencilpete

Sorry i don't normally post in here but I've seen moaning about the game tonight
So i want to make a few points then ill disappear again !

1. Its a friendly - results and to a certain extent performances are irrelevant
2. We have TEN new players, this number will increase, they are all bedding in learning each others games - they are not going to step onto the pitch first couple of games and it automatically goes like clockwork
3. Can we PLEASE not call for Cook to be sacked if we arnt top of the league after 5 games - expect teething troubles we will take some time to hit full flow.

4. I was at the Palace friendly and the people sitting behind me were moaning about our lack of possession and how our new signings weren't having much of an impact .... if anyone else has this opinion can i just say playing Crystal Palace is alot different to playing Morecambe, Morecambe dont have a team of international players and sn £18m signing sat on the bench - one of these peopke also shouted "you fat ba$tard' at Wilfried Zaha who is probably the skinniest man ive ever seen so not sure how seriously i should take what he says but im posting so ill address it.
Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 00:11 - Jul 28 with 1541 viewsCheltenham_Blue

You wait until we draw with Cheltenham. Fk me!

#GameChangerOut

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 00:26 - Jul 28 with 1507 viewsPrideOfTheEast

We were poor in places. It isn’t the new players that were the problem. I’d like to see the same old issues gotten rid of pronto.
Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 00:32 - Jul 28 with 1486 viewsKropotkin123

Yeah, some of the comments are pretty crazy. Particularly as it was mainly a run out for our squad players...

Probably won't start first game:
Holy, Donacien, Woolfenden, Ndaba, Penney, Humphreys, Bonne.

May start first game:
Dobra.

Probably will start first game:
Harper, Fraser, Pigott.

When you don't even bother to play your first choice keeper, it's probably not the ideal moment to wet the bed over the result.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 0:33]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 00:56 - Jul 28 with 1444 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 00:32 - Jul 28 by Kropotkin123

Yeah, some of the comments are pretty crazy. Particularly as it was mainly a run out for our squad players...

Probably won't start first game:
Holy, Donacien, Woolfenden, Ndaba, Penney, Humphreys, Bonne.

May start first game:
Dobra.

Probably will start first game:
Harper, Fraser, Pigott.

When you don't even bother to play your first choice keeper, it's probably not the ideal moment to wet the bed over the result.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 0:33]

Couldn’t care less about the result but why play holy - an absolute calamity and must do more harm than good for a group that is clearly upwardly mobile.

We have to act like the club we’re about to become.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 0:58]
Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 01:53 - Jul 28 with 1397 viewsBelsteadCav

Stop that right now!!

That’s far too sensible for some of the posters on here, just stop it

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 06:40 - Jul 28 with 1223 viewsSaigonTractor

Friendly results are completely meaningless. We could have shipped 9 tonight and I wouldn't be worried.

I remember playing really well vs West Ham in a friendly before the relegation season. They're absolutely no indication of how the season will go.
Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 07:08 - Jul 28 with 1120 viewspennblue

It is an important point you make. I feel the negativity of our fans have contributed to our downfall in recent seasons. We are in danger of becoming renowned for being a flouncy set of supporters. It rubs off on the manager, the players and makes them feel 'well feck them' mentality in the dressing room.

Can we try and avoid that this season?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 07:11 - Jul 28 with 1111 viewspennblue

Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 00:26 - Jul 28 by PrideOfTheEast

We were poor in places. It isn’t the new players that were the problem. I’d like to see the same old issues gotten rid of pronto.

I am 200% confident the people we have in charge, know what they are doing. There is no doubt, the defence is the next area to work on and I am sure they will sort it out.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Login to get fewer ads

Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 07:15 - Jul 28 with 1099 viewschrismakin

Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 07:08 - Jul 28 by pennblue

It is an important point you make. I feel the negativity of our fans have contributed to our downfall in recent seasons. We are in danger of becoming renowned for being a flouncy set of supporters. It rubs off on the manager, the players and makes them feel 'well feck them' mentality in the dressing room.

Not gonna happen sadly

There are plenty of people waiting for PC to lose some games so they can jump on it.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 07:26 - Jul 28 with 1042 viewsDanTheMan

Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 07:08 - Jul 28 by pennblue

We literally clapped our team off for getting relegated...

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 07:30 - Jul 28 with 1023 viewsgordon

Look, haven't been following the transfer business that closely, did pop to the game last night - as far as I'm concerned all the fanfare etc. is much ado about nothing if we're still going to be fielding a team with Chambers, Judge and Sears in it. Some of our other players did look alright l guess, must be the new signings. To be honest, if the Col U goalkeeper hadn't been atrocious we could even have lost!

Just to add to that, can't help feel that bringing back Frank Nouble is a backward step.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 7:32]
Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 07:33 - Jul 28 with 993 viewsDeano69

Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 07:26 - Jul 28 by DanTheMan

We literally clapped our team off for getting relegated...

And singing, don’t forget the singing.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 07:36 - Jul 28 with 959 viewschrismakin

Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 07:30 - Jul 28 by gordon

Look, haven't been following the transfer business that closely, did pop to the game last night - as far as I'm concerned all the fanfare etc. is much ado about nothing if we're still going to be fielding a team with Chambers, Judge and Sears in it. Some of our other players did look alright l guess, must be the new signings. To be honest, if the Col U goalkeeper hadn't been atrocious we could even have lost!

Just to add to that, can't help feel that bringing back Frank Nouble is a backward step.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 7:32]

Colchester did well signing Burns.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 07:44 - Jul 28 with 914 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 00:56 - Jul 28 by PrideOfTheEast

Couldn’t care less about the result but why play holy - an absolute calamity and must do more harm than good for a group that is clearly upwardly mobile.

We have to act like the club we’re about to become.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 0:58]

Clearly made sense to play Holy because as things stand he is our back up keeper so he needs game time as much as anybody else. If he is going to make a rick, do it in a pre season friendly.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 09:00 - Jul 28 with 690 viewsN2_Blue

Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 07:44 - Jul 28 by southnorfolkblue

Clearly made sense to play Holy because as things stand he is our back up keeper so he needs game time as much as anybody else. If he is going to make a rick, do it in a pre season friendly.

Maybe Cook wanted another look at Holy...Cornell played a fair bit towards end of last season i think.

And hopefully it's told Cook all he needs to know....he's not going to challenge Hladky and although it's not a priority perhaps at some point we'll try pick up a free back up keeper and move Holy on.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Are we really moaning tonight ?? on 09:34 - Jul 28 with 598 viewsVaughan8

The problem is some people after even some of the signings are lauding us as being great.

Firstly a new team needs time to gel and not all the signings are going to hit the ground running.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024