Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We’re we poor last night 08:28 - Jul 28 with 1070 viewsfergalsharkey

Or was the goalie a clown?

Sounds like we wasn’t great in midfield but it was just a friendly.

People seem underwhelmed with Penney.

Did we pass it better than last years shambolic mess?

Is all hope lost?😦
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 8:30]

Poll: Cook out?

We’re we poor last night on 08:30 - Jul 28 with 1035 viewschrismakin

Holy was in goal

End of reasons for last night lol

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

We’re we poor last night on 08:34 - Jul 28 with 990 viewsFPL_Tractor

We are a work in progress. We’ve got to accept you can’t just throw a team together and it work straight away, no matter how good the individuals in it. Hopefully we can form a good 11 for Morecambe and the drip feed further signings gradually.

As an aside it’s noticeable how much fitter those who started with us are than those who signed recently.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

We’re we poor last night on 08:38 - Jul 28 with 961 viewsBluearmy71

People moaning about a pre season friendly have their expectation levels way too high, they need to remember the team needs to gel so pointing fingers at players we don't know the capabilities of is futile!!

Judge them on league matches, straight away if people must, I'm looking around 4 - 6 weeks for the new lads to get to know each others game properly and see how they all do then, last thing we need is to put pressure on the new guys with needless criticism over a friendly!!
We’re we poor last night on 08:55 - Jul 28 with 898 viewsSharkey

I really felt for Holy. Just before Judge's goal Ndaba (I think) had a really prolonged go at him when he didn't come out of his area to clear a ball, and you could see Holy was really upset by that level of abuse from a team-mate. He was chastising himself and waving his hands about in a funny way, like someone talking quickly in sign language. After Judge's goal he actually played perfectly OK, but one has to fear for his career now. It's a lonely life being a keeper. Personally I hope he can build up a good rapport with Hladky in training and get his confidence up again. Obviously, back-up keeper is the best he can realistically hope for right now, but I don't like to see a professional sportsman look so tortured.
We’re we poor last night on 09:17 - Jul 28 with 794 viewsPositivelyPortman

Embarrassing comments.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

We’re we poor last night on 09:19 - Jul 28 with 780 viewsKeaneish

Your subject line makes a statement about the game but the body of your content asks questions about the game that you’d know if you watched it. Let’s hope this isn’t the TWTD standard this season.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

We’re we poor last night on 09:19 - Jul 28 with 781 viewsNazemariner

We weren't poor in the slightest. Lots of good signs in fact, but we are rebuilding, and that will take time to come together.

Holy was arguably only to blame for Judges goal. Smiths header was towering, and he was badly let down by his centre backs (sound familiar) for Noubles goal.

Centre midfield was short due to injury, so more cover needed there.

Penney was ok. Lacked an end product last night. I'm not sure what people are expecting from an inexperienced full back who was let go by a relegated championship team. Their version of Kenlock in all honesty.

Our passing was a lot more courageous. Players looked comfortable in possesion, and they were happy to play the ball inside and forward, rather than backwards, as we saw all too often under Lambert. They looked like they weren't afraid to risk losing the ball, as they now knew how to win it back.

Chuck a couple of more experienced heads down the core of the team and we can be full of hope for the season ahead.

COYB!
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 9:23]
We’re we poor last night on 09:22 - Jul 28 with 760 viewsGarv

We’re we poor last night on 08:55 - Jul 28 by Sharkey

I really felt for Holy. Just before Judge's goal Ndaba (I think) had a really prolonged go at him when he didn't come out of his area to clear a ball, and you could see Holy was really upset by that level of abuse from a team-mate. He was chastising himself and waving his hands about in a funny way, like someone talking quickly in sign language. After Judge's goal he actually played perfectly OK, but one has to fear for his career now. It's a lonely life being a keeper. Personally I hope he can build up a good rapport with Hladky in training and get his confidence up again. Obviously, back-up keeper is the best he can realistically hope for right now, but I don't like to see a professional sportsman look so tortured.

The guy isn't that bad anyway.

I didn't see last night and clearly he had a bad game, but he's not let us down many times competitively. Obviously you always want to improve and hopefully we've done that with VH, but I won't be at all worried if Holy has to step in for a few games.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 16:44]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024