Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes 10:20 - Jul 28 with 1722 viewsleftback

What a shame his current situation wasn’t unravelling at another club, he would be the ideal signing for us………
Seems there is no road back for him
Downes on 10:22 - Jul 28 with 1674 viewsThatIpswichMan

I have a feeling he'll come back in. Could Cook be keeping him out of the shop window and firing him up? Agree with you It'd be fantastic if he stayed!
Downes on 10:24 - Jul 28 with 1632 viewsTractorCam

I do find that one strange, it's not like he's crap is it? Been one of our better players over the last few seasons so not sure why he's playing in Braintree rather than at least being a cover for us whilst we wait for him to move on. If he doesn't get sold and the window closes surely he goes straight back to training with the first team right?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Downes on 10:25 - Jul 28 with 1616 viewsJon_456

Downes on 10:22 - Jul 28 by ThatIpswichMan

I have a feeling he'll come back in. Could Cook be keeping him out of the shop window and firing him up? Agree with you It'd be fantastic if he stayed!

If Evans isnt fit for the first game, Im pretty certain Downes will be straight back in. Him and Harper would be very good partnership in League one.
Downes on 10:27 - Jul 28 with 1532 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Downes on 10:22 - Jul 28 by ThatIpswichMan

The same way he kept Bish and Doz out of the shop window. By playing in u23 friendlies?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Downes on 10:30 - Jul 28 with 1472 viewsBondiBlue

Come on flynn, just say sorry and make him a cup of tea. Downes motivated and back in the team would make my whole summer.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Downes on 10:32 - Jul 28 with 1456 viewsPilgrimblue

After speaking to him I would say that it's very unlikely he'll play again. However, if no offers come in then maybe PC will have rethink and Downes will knuckle down.
Downes on 10:32 - Jul 28 with 1426 viewsThatIpswichMan

Downes on 10:27 - Jul 28 by Cheltenham_Blue

The same way he kept Bish and Doz out of the shop window. By playing in u23 friendlies?

Cook was publicly critical of Doz and Bish, haven't seen him do the same about Downes.
Could be barking well up the wrong tree, but just a feeling (hope!)
Downes on 10:37 - Jul 28 with 1344 viewsHighgateBlue

Downes on 10:25 - Jul 28 by Jon_456

If Evans isnt fit for the first game, Im pretty certain Downes will be straight back in. Him and Harper would be very good partnership in League one.

If that's right then I'm surprised he didn't play last night. We're not long til the Morecambe game now...
Login to get fewer ads

Downes on 10:40 - Jul 28 with 1318 viewsRegencyBlue

Both him and Cook would have to eat humble pie for Downes to continue here.

Can’t see it personally but stranger things have happened!
Downes on 11:04 - Jul 28 with 1145 viewsunstableblue

Downes on 10:32 - Jul 28 by Pilgrimblue

After speaking to him I would say that it's very unlikely he'll play again. However, if no offers come in then maybe PC will have rethink and Downes will knuckle down.

What’s the summary of where he stands?

Complete breakdown of relationship with Cook?

For me he is the ideal back up for Evans. Good quality and head in right place a strong Div 1 player.

If Evans does not get back to fitness - which I’m sure he will, but there’s a risk - season could be affected.

Going to cost a lot of money to get someone as good as Downes.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Downes on 11:06 - Jul 28 with 1126 viewsWickets

I cant claim to know what has been going on with Flynn but if at all possible i too would welcome him back if at all possible . We have to trust that our manager is in the best possible place to judge the situation but we do know his problems started before Cookie came in and our manager did throw out an Olive branch to the players training with the u23's . Maybe its a case of Downes pocketing his pride and doing as Dobra has done and showing he wants to be involved .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024