Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are not all bitter 12:13 - Jul 28 with 3432 viewsPompey1234

Greetings.

The recent spat of accusations from my club about buying the league.
Most fans, in fact probably 99% of pompey fans wish you luck in the new season with the exception of two games vs us.
That being said I remember well our win in the Premier league in the fa Cup final. Many believe we bought that too. Ludicrously I might add, we did balance our books until the unscrupulous owner saddled the club with debt whilst walking off with player sales such as the £22m sale to Real Madrid of Lasana Diarara. It was the fans of our club that were then hurt by the league. Our fall from grace to the very lowest league is well documented. The fans then bought that club and a new idea appeared. We won the league under Paul Cook and entered into league 1. We have had a continuous brush with promotion since. The fans sold the club to take us forward under the stewardship of billionaire Michael Eisner. He promised nothing but good stewardship and a model that wouldn't endanger the club again.eat what you kill to be precise. 99% of pompey fans remain behind this aspect and him.
After a pandemic year or so it goes without question things are tighter this season.
Ipswich have their own leadership and ideas. If the man at the helm provides without endangering your club then I for one am a little jealous.
I always had a soft spot for Ipswich in the 70s with the Whymark, Mills, Cooper, Beattie, Mariner squad under the legend that is Robson. That has remained over the years but certainly not when playing my home city of course.
Having appointed Cook, you already know that he likes to play possession football. It takes time to get it right as we found but he is a good manager if somewhat of a good time man! His signings at pompey were on the whole very good.ive no doubt after the Mccarthy hoofball like our jacket ball it will be much better to watch except when teams just sit for a point. He has only plan a.
On the signing of Edmundson, we'll done. You put your money where your mouth is and we just have to move on. On the potential signing of Chaplin. He is one of our own and never wanted to leave but limited game time under Cook forced Conor to move on. That seems a strange one by Cook who admitted he didn't fit into his style of play. Time will tell on that one.
So, please don't believe the few bitter pompey fans. Have a great season and see where it takes you. Pompey will come good, maybe not this season but our turn will come. We are both natural championship clubs with potential for even higher aspirations.
Regards

Play up Pompey
We are not all bitter on 12:19 - Jul 28 with 3289 viewstmiller12

Well said, a level headed football fan is a rare thing. Good luck to Pompey too.
We are not all bitter on 12:23 - Jul 28 with 3179 viewsjayessess

No worries, most fanbases are pretty much the same. Some desperate for attention, most pretty grounded and wanting their team to do well, all at the whims of rich folks using our clubs as playthings. What happened to Pompey (or at the moment Derby and Reading) could happen to any of us really.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We are not all bitter on 12:25 - Jul 28 with 3100 viewsKeno

Cheers!!

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

We are not all bitter on 12:29 - Jul 28 with 2998 viewsBluefish

Can you send the bitter ones over instead they are very entertaining

P.s. if you are embarrassed by your melts just think how it is for us with our simpletons

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

We are not all bitter on 12:50 - Jul 28 with 2717 viewsIllinoisblue

I feel there’s a certain synergy between Ipswich and Pompey. Similar sized clubs, both play in blue, both having been through financial meltdowns, both stuck in the hell that is Div 3, and both having to watch our smaller inferior rivals feast at the top table. May that all change soon…

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We are not all bitter on 12:54 - Jul 28 with 2663 viewsKitman

Good to hear. When I visit my son who lives in Fratton, nice to hear I won't get a load of abuse if I betray any allegiance to Ipswich!

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

We are not all bitter on 13:07 - Jul 28 with 2481 viewsFtnfwest

Water off a ducks back tbh. Pompey was where i was at Uni (or Poly as it was then) and went to see them quite a bit - Alan Ball days which will date me - so have always had a bit of a soft spot. We've been told to be careful what we wish for for years, although tbh we haven't been wishing for anything that much, just a watchable side that has the odd cup run.
We are not all bitter on 13:32 - Jul 28 with 2202 viewsChondzoresk

I lived in Portsmouth for 2 years in the 90s. Great set of fans. Love that part of the world. Good luck mate. PUP!👍🍻
Login to get fewer ads

We are not all bitter on 13:48 - Jul 28 with 2041 viewsChurchman

We are not all bitter on 12:19 - Jul 28 by tmiller12

Well said, a level headed football fan is a rare thing. Good luck to Pompey too.

Agreed. Yep, Portsmouth are a proper football club and it’s no fault of their supporters they’ve been owned by spanners.
We are not all bitter on 14:17 - Jul 28 with 1874 viewsmonty_radio

Huge area that deserves something good to follow. I saw Jimmy Dickinson in a couple of seasons in the 60s. Glad you gave us Ray Crawford and Mick Mills, though. Two who defined our two most successful periods.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 18:57]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

We are not all bitter on 14:17 - Jul 28 with 1869 viewsBobbychase

Good luck to Pompey next season. Like us, you don't belong here.

Best stadium atmosphere south of the midlands

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

We are not all bitter on 14:57 - Jul 28 with 1688 viewsBlueBlood90

I think there's a lot of similarities between our two clubs.

I've always admired how the Pompey fans have continued to pack out Fratton Park even after the fall from grace down to League Two.

All the best for the season. I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if you joined us in promotion.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

We are not all bitter on 15:22 - Jul 28 with 1591 viewsMeadowlark

I especially like the fact that the first player you mentioned was Trevor Whymark!
He doesn't get the credit he deserves, IMO.
We are not all bitter on 17:00 - Jul 28 with 1323 viewssolemio

We are not all bitter on 12:29 - Jul 28 by Bluefish

Can you send the bitter ones over instead they are very entertaining

P.s. if you are embarrassed by your melts just think how it is for us with our simpletons

Am I alone in detecting a certain irony in your postscript?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024