Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... 12:53 - Jul 28 with 5646 viewsN2_Blue

from Luke Woolfenden.

Yes it's not ideal to have had to change so much in a short space of time....but it was needed. The club was fooked, from having old pros sitting around just picking up wages, no staff, incompetence and a general malaise that had set in. We now have young (but experienced) hungry players determined to get to a level above. I don't think the previous squad were ambitious enough to want to be at a higher level. It's telling only Andre Dozzell has moved to a higher level and i think its agreed a new start was needed for all parties there.

Cook will of course be judged on his results very shortly but those who have been critical about how he has handled some players should look at what Woolfenden has to say and how Dobra has reacted to the challenge shown to him.

Cook is a good manager he has proven it at multiple clubs. Those that have doubts based on last seasons results i understand but try have a bit more faith. Last season was a write-off, this is where he should be judged and I'm sure he will get it very right with the occasional bump along the way. I don't think we'll miss or regret many of the players that have left.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 12:57 - Jul 28 with 4584 viewsBeckets

One other thing from that interview is that Cook clearly did not tell every member of last seasons squad that he didn’t want them.
Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 12:58 - Jul 28 with 4561 viewspointofblue

Nah, Woolfenden's crap and shouldn't be anywhere near the first XI or something...

In all seriousness, I agree - what an absolute mess the club was in for a player to come out and say he's simply happy that the basics are in place!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 13:00 - Jul 28 with 4509 viewsBeckets

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 12:58 - Jul 28 by pointofblue

Nah, Woolfenden's crap and shouldn't be anywhere near the first XI or something...

In all seriousness, I agree - what an absolute mess the club was in for a player to come out and say he's simply happy that the basics are in place!

Your last sentence. What an indictment of Evans that is.
Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 13:02 - Jul 28 with 4481 viewsBiGDonnie

Yup. Reading that will put a few minds at ease regarding the end of last season and some of the rumours we heard.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 13:05 - Jul 28 with 4429 viewsIllinoisblue

Was it after that Swindon home defeat, Wolf was wheeled out to do the press and was close to tears at just how bad everything was.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 13:13 - Jul 28 with 4321 viewshadleighboyblue

Agree 100% with N2_Blue .

We have a club back , professionally run , with a real football man in charge and a squad that will succeed , rather than just accept survival .

Too many players were happy to coast

Totally different club now
Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 13:23 - Jul 28 with 4208 viewsFPL_Tractor

I’d be really interested to know the discussion(s) with Downes. He’s (in my opinion) definitely good enough to be part of this squad and fits in the Cook formation so presumably Cook either disagrees he’s good enough or hasn’t convinced him to stay.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 13:27 - Jul 28 with 4148 viewstextbackup

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 12:57 - Jul 28 by Beckets

One other thing from that interview is that Cook clearly did not tell every member of last seasons squad that he didn’t want them.

That was just bitter has beens telling anyone within earshot what a nasty man he was

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 13:31 - Jul 28 with 4098 viewstractorboy1978

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 13:23 - Jul 28 by FPL_Tractor

I’d be really interested to know the discussion(s) with Downes. He’s (in my opinion) definitely good enough to be part of this squad and fits in the Cook formation so presumably Cook either disagrees he’s good enough or hasn’t convinced him to stay.

Downes hasn't been in the right head space since last summer has he? He doesn't want to be here. If he did, he would be one of the first names on PC's teamsheet.
[Redacted] on 13:32 - Jul 28 with 4080 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 13:40 - Jul 28 with 3958 viewsGarv

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 13:00 - Jul 28 by Beckets

Your last sentence. What an indictment of Evans that is.

Almost everything said about the club these days is an indictment of Evans.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 13:42 - Jul 28 with 3935 viewsGarv

Woolfenden must be a dream for Phil or EADT to interview as he doesn't appear to have been sanitized with media training just yet. He speaks his mind and lets emotion come into it - as someone mentioned with his post Swindon interview.

This interview just seems to be very honest.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 13:42 - Jul 28 with 3931 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 12:57 - Jul 28 by Beckets

The idea that there was no way back for these players has been dispelled by Dobra. The suggestion didn't make sense at the time - if players are good enough and put in the effort to get into Cooks plans, then why wouldn't he leave the door ajar?

People bought into this 'Demolition Man' thing a little too literally. I said at the time it seemed like a motivational tool, and Alan Lee in his BM interview said the same, but still some on here wouldn't have it.

Full credit to Dobra, and he should be an inspiration to other young players hoping to step up.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 13:57 - Jul 28 with 3795 viewsChurchman

It’s really more evidence of how things were under our saviour Evans.

I’m surprised he’s said what he’s said, given he’s still at the club but I’m pleased he did. He’s obviously rated by Cook and really looking to push on. Of all the existing players he is the one I hoped we’d retain the most.

In the new environment, what is Downes going to do? Players 8n his ball park ability wise have joined the club and things have changed. Is he going to stay and buy in to it, go to any club he can find or sit out his contract in the bomb squad? The ball is very much in his court. Interesting.

I think the professionalism and positivism being radiated through the club for the first time in years will be very important, provided it’s sustained through inevitable setbacks.
Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 14:03 - Jul 28 with 3707 viewsgordon

The club was an absolute state, definitely, but that really wasn't the players fault, the tone of the club was set by the owner in everything that he didn't do.
Its a very positive article and messaging from The Wolf, especially as its.... on 14:05 - Jul 28 with 3672 viewsunstableblue

.. from a player from the old squad

Clearly he is thriving as is Dobra who was on fire last night, unplayable (albeit still some work on that final product)

Wolfenden interview a real tonic..... lets hope to the see the referenced system - "We’ve got a style of play we’re going to stick to throughout the whole season" - thriving in the coming weeks

“To be fair, it’s so much better at the ground now, we’ve got enough staff, it’s night and day how much better it is now and I’m loving every minute of it." - is he referring to enough coaching staff??? as compared to last season.Or is it playing staff as opposed to the start of pre-season??

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 14:23 - Jul 28 with 3531 viewschrismakin

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 13:02 - Jul 28 by BiGDonnie

Yup. Reading that will put a few minds at ease regarding the end of last season and some of the rumours we heard.

I did tell people it was all blsht

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 14:44 - Jul 28 with 3369 viewsJakeITFC

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 14:23 - Jul 28 by chrismakin

I did tell people it was all blsht

What was bullshiit?
Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 14:50 - Jul 28 with 3332 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 14:44 - Jul 28 by JakeITFC

What was bullshiit?

Well the idea that there was no way back for Dobra was clearly.

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 14:55 - Jul 28 with 3299 viewsJakeITFC

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 14:50 - Jul 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

Well the idea that there was no way back for Dobra was clearly.

What's that got to do with Woolfenden?
Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 15:00 - Jul 28 with 3259 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 14:55 - Jul 28 by JakeITFC

Is this thread only about Woolfenden?
Was Makin replying to a point on Woolfenden?

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 15:03 - Jul 28 with 3239 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 14:55 - Jul 28 by JakeITFC

Quite a lot when you consider the context of what we're talking about.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 15:07 - Jul 28 with 3218 viewsJakeITFC

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 15:03 - Jul 28 by J2BLUE

Quite a lot when you consider the context of what we're talking about.

My mistake, I thought Woolfenden was one of the players that was always thought to be staying.
Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 15:15 - Jul 28 with 3161 viewsArnieM

I’d always said that f uckwit of a squad threw the towel in on Cook. He was right to call them out and bin them. I hope they all rot. There are still a couple here still who don’t want to be here , but it’s notable that there’s not a huge queue of clubs clambering for their signature.

We’re going to see for the first time in nearly two decades a proper team of focused players who want what we all want . Promotion !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 15:48 - Jul 28 with 3061 viewsjaykay

Anyone unsure about what Cook was doing last year should read that interview.... on 13:02 - Jul 28 by BiGDonnie

yep , them rumours were always a mate of mine has heard from a mates brothers son in laws father , that so and so is not happy with so and so at the club

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024