Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Home shirt has been changed? 17:18 - Jul 28 with 1753 viewsRobbie12345

Looks from the pictures of Chaplin holding the shirt and Anna Grey holding the shirt after signing her pro deal that the lines down the shirt have been adjusted to now be of equal distance either side of the badge. Anyone know if this is true? If so it improves the shirt 10x for me, especially for people like me with OCD.

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

Home shirt has been changed? on 17:35 - Jul 28 with 1586 viewsAsa

It would be very unusual for a club our size, in the last year of a deal, to have Adidas make such amendments after they have been signed off.

Most likely explanation is the size of the shirt. Often an XXL shirt will have the same design as the S when something like pinstripes, which means on some sizes they will line up with the badge and others won't.

May just be coincidence that whatever they sizes they have lined up. Having looked at a few photos, they seem to vary from player to player.

The Nigeria shirts from 2018 were a classic example of this. The zigzags looked amazing on some sizes and other sizes were accused of being fake, when genuine, due to how the pattern looked when it was subject to a different cut for sizing.
Home shirt has been changed? on 17:51 - Jul 28 with 1473 viewsRonFearonsHair

Home shirt has been changed? on 17:35 - Jul 28 by Asa

It would be very unusual for a club our size, in the last year of a deal, to have Adidas make such amendments after they have been signed off.

Most likely explanation is the size of the shirt. Often an XXL shirt will have the same design as the S when something like pinstripes, which means on some sizes they will line up with the badge and others won't.

May just be coincidence that whatever they sizes they have lined up. Having looked at a few photos, they seem to vary from player to player.

The Nigeria shirts from 2018 were a classic example of this. The zigzags looked amazing on some sizes and other sizes were accused of being fake, when genuine, due to how the pattern looked when it was subject to a different cut for sizing.

I would be inclined to agree and assume it's to do with scaling the design over different sizes.

The scaling of the Newcastle shirt in 1995/96 clearly deeply upset me as it still annoys me now.

Home shirt has been changed? on 19:19 - Jul 28 with 1181 viewsRobbie12345

Home shirt has been changed? on 17:35 - Jul 28 by Asa

Ah that makes sense, good points made. Maybe I’ll check it out in the club shop when back in shop, before buying

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

Home shirt has been changed? on 20:02 - Jul 28 with 977 viewsKeno

could it be that the mens and women's shirts are cut slightly differently?

I'm told ladies tend to have a slightly differently shaped upper body to most men

Of course if you have moobs you might want to try both and see which is the better fit

or so a friend told me, obviously

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Home shirt has been changed? on 20:40 - Jul 28 with 798 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Home shirt has been changed? on 17:51 - Jul 28 by RonFearonsHair

I would be inclined to agree and assume it's to do with scaling the design over different sizes.

The scaling of the Newcastle shirt in 1995/96 clearly deeply upset me as it still annoys me now.

Never noticed this sort of thing before but now you have pointed it out I can see how it can be very annoying.

Unfortunately, now you have pointed it out I am likely to notice it.

It's a bit like reading books after working as a proof reader.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024