Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM 08:14 - Jul 29 with 4383 viewsBluefish

Has the PC gamble to bomb squad the players backfired or is it simply that he has been let down by MA not getting the players in quick enough?

2 CMs left rotting in the stiffs, dropped points could be crucial

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:21 - Jul 29 with 2935 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:23 - Jul 29 with 2907 viewschrismakin

Man, Everyone thought I was annoying, you're just another level

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:24 - Jul 29 with 2894 viewsKropotkin123

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:21 - Jul 29 by You_Bloo_Right

What's "frenzied hemp"?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:27 - Jul 29 with 2868 viewsBlueBadger

Is there an official cut off point when we are allowed by BlueBadger 28 Jul 2021 18:07
Oh fishers, I know you were struggling for direction after Lambert and Gwion went but turning into a Chrismakin tribute act is no way to live.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:30 - Jul 29 with 2841 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:27 - Jul 29 by BlueBadger

Is there an official cut off point when we are allowed by BlueBadger 28 Jul 2021 18:07
Oh fishers, I know you were struggling for direction after Lambert and Gwion went but turning into a Chrismakin tribute act is no way to live.

This is it, isn't it? He's like an addict who's lost his fix.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:31 - Jul 29 with 2836 viewsGuthrum

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:24 - Jul 29 by Kropotkin123

What's "frenzied hemp"?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:38 - Jul 29 with 2764 viewschicoazul

To be fair to Blubbers we do definitely need another CM. What happened to the links to Morsy and Smallwood? Even when they are fit and available we only have 3; Nolan Harper and Evans. I’d love to see Downes get back in.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:40 - Jul 29 with 2742 viewsDubtractor

Weren't you moaning we had too many midfielders a couple of weeks ago?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:43 - Jul 29 with 2715 viewsBluefish

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:38 - Jul 29 by chicoazul

To be fair to Blubbers we do definitely need another CM. What happened to the links to Morsy and Smallwood? Even when they are fit and available we only have 3; Nolan Harper and Evans. I’d love to see Downes get back in.

It seems unlikely now but he has come back in before after seemingly having 1 foot out the door. McGavin can't be expensive either and was highly rated so must be good for cover, he could probably find a loan easy enough later in the window or January if we brought him back in. The obvious answer was to try harder for Gibbs or perhaps keep Bishop

There can't be anyone that thinks it was the plan to be this short and that it isn't worrying

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:44 - Jul 29 with 2697 viewsBluefish

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:40 - Jul 29 by Dubtractor

Weren't you moaning we had too many midfielders a couple of weeks ago?

Every target was a CM or a CAM. We seem to have collected CAMs recently

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:45 - Jul 29 with 2694 viewshomer_123

I think it's a disgrace Fishers. I think PC has got it completely wrong - we are a shadow of the team we were last year.

He's spending money in exactly the same way Hurst did, arguably worse. Bit part players who can't make it from the Scottish league or the Championship. No real quality or class at all. Top that off with 4 year contracts and over paying on wages.

Madness of the highest order.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:45 - Jul 29 with 2686 viewsKropotkin123

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:38 - Jul 29 by chicoazul

Yeah, we could do with another CM, but we also know the club have been targeting another CM.

I think others have made the same point without wetting the bed.

As others have pointed out in regards to this. We still have time and we still have the loan market, which would afford us more flexibility to improve the squad next season, if we were to get promoted this season.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:45 - Jul 29 with 2683 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:24 - Jul 29 by Kropotkin123

What's "frenzied hemp"?

Flavoured cooked hempseed.

Chilli infused sends fish into frenzy.

Seems to have the desired effect on here too with fishy named poster.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 8:46]

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:46 - Jul 29 with 2683 viewsGuthrum

Also Humphreys, who has done well in preseason.

I think we will still be assembling the full squad right up to the end of August. It's just the nature of the window, with Prem sides naming their squads and deciding who can go out on loan, plus last-minute situations of clubs not being able to hang onto players we might be looking at and, this time around, perhaps a scramble to offload unwanted burdens on wage budgets.

Yes, I'd like to see Downes back in, but the noises are not great on that front.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:53 - Jul 29 with 2590 viewsChurchman

Yeah that Ashton is a lazy b…..so and so. I mean, the loafer has been here two long months and only managed to sign 10 players. That’s an average of a player every 6 days. You can discount the players the club has unloaded. That’s easy given they formed part of the best squad in the league.

What on earth does the man do with his time? Boo! The Bristol City bedwetters were right. Boo!

Wasn’t like this under Milne or Clegg. Boo! And Clegg got the turnstiles shining like a shilling on a sweeps rear end. Now there was a man of action, even if he did look as if he suffered from trapped wind.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 10:03]
1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:58 - Jul 29 with 2544 viewsSitfcB

Doesn’t really matter about CMs when we’re gonna score 6 goals a game.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 09:00 - Jul 29 with 2516 viewspositivity

2/10, but probably your best attempt of the pre-season

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 09:05 - Jul 29 with 2460 viewsKropotkin123

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:53 - Jul 29 by Churchman

Yeah that Ashton is a lazy b…..so and so. I mean, the loafer has been here two long months and only managed to sign 10 players. That’s an average of a player every 6 days. You can discount the players the club has unloaded. That’s easy given they formed part of the best squad in the league.

What on earth does the man do with his time? Boo! The Bristol City bedwetters were right. Boo!

Wasn’t like this under Milne or Clegg. Boo! And Clegg got the turnstiles shining like a shilling on a sweeps rear end. Now there was a man of action, even if he did look as if he suffered from trapped wind.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 10:03]

So based on Ashton's average of one per six days, and given that there are nine days before the start of the season, we are looking at one and a half more players in before we start...

This could get messy.

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 09:08 - Jul 29 with 2439 viewsKeno

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 09:05 - Jul 29 by Kropotkin123

So based on Ashton's average of one per six days, and given that there are nine days before the start of the season, we are looking at one and a half more players in before we start...

This could get messy.

Or a player and Jay Tabb is coming back?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 09:13 - Jul 29 with 2395 viewsHipsterectomy

Does the OP think they’re a presenter on TalkSport or something

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 09:14 - Jul 29 with 2396 viewsBluefish

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:58 - Jul 29 by SitfcB

Doesn’t really matter about CMs when we’re gonna score 6 goals a game.

Do you think we will play 442 because of a lack of CMs or do you think Cookie wants 2 up top so has focused on forwards?

[Redacted] on 09:15 - Jul 29 with 2375 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 09:18 - Jul 29 with 2340 viewsWallingford_Boy

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 08:27 - Jul 29 by BlueBadger

You two need to have a troll off!

RIP Sir Bobby

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 09:28 - Jul 29 with 2263 viewsTangledupin_Blue

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM on 09:08 - Jul 29 by Keno

Or a player and Jay Tabb is coming back?

That would be good. We could pair him with Edmundson on your comedians thread... Little and Large.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

1 week until the start of the season and 1 fit CM (n/t) on 09:29 - Jul 29 with 2250 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024