Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today 17:57 - Jul 31 with 11885 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Embarrassing. Forever Blowing Bubbles... Irons.

I had to move away could not stomach it. Seems like a fairly trivial point but we as a club desperately need some more chants. All our songs are so generic.

Aside from that, decent fitness for the team against a solid Champ side. Impressed with Piggott and Evans. We need a left back and another centre half. But I’m still feeling good about this season.

Video below..towards the end you can hear a glorious rendition of "chequebook FC" Cringe

[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 18:48]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 18:03 - Jul 31 with 8003 viewsSomethingBlue

Not usually bothered by this stuff but, as I'd silently predicted to myself, "Chequebook FC, Chequebook FC ..." seemingly got an airing — please please please please please can this go right in the bin and stay there. Aware it's slightly different but some of us were at Norwich on "We're fcuking loaded" day.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 18:04]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 18:06 - Jul 31 with 7916 viewsitfctilidie

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 18:03 - Jul 31 by SomethingBlue

Not usually bothered by this stuff but, as I'd silently predicted to myself, "Chequebook FC, Chequebook FC ..." seemingly got an airing — please please please please please can this go right in the bin and stay there. Aware it's slightly different but some of us were at Norwich on "We're fcuking loaded" day.

chanting "chequebook fc" oh dear that is cringeworthy stuff
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 18:08 - Jul 31 with 7885 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

[Redacted] on 18:11 - Jul 31 with 7828 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 18:11 - Jul 31 with 7812 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Didn’t go today but hopefully the toto song and 10 German bombers from last week weren’t repeated.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 18:13 - Jul 31 with 7777 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 18:03 - Jul 31 by SomethingBlue

Seconded

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 18:25 - Jul 31 with 7655 viewsnoggin

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 18:11 - Jul 31 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Didn’t go today but hopefully the toto song and 10 German bombers from last week weren’t repeated.

Please tell me Ipswich fans didn't sing the German bombers. I bet they won't sing it when the Fortuna lot are over.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 18:33 - Jul 31 with 7534 viewstazdac

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 18:25 - Jul 31 by noggin

Please tell me Ipswich fans didn't sing the German bombers. I bet they won't sing it when the Fortuna lot are over.

They sang it last week with German bombers changed to yellow budgies. I thought the same last week, hope we don’t sing this when Fortuna fans are here.
Login to get fewer ads

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 18:40 - Jul 31 with 7478 viewsblueprint

Any supporters who sing the songs of the oppositions rivals are absolute pathetic and embarrassing to boot. Christ knows what the Milllwall fans thought. Tin pottery of the highest order.
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 18:47 - Jul 31 with 7413 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Hilarious if that’s true - wonder if they’d sing similar on the Old Kent Road.

The principle behind them is good but the execution is really not. All unoriginal rubbish - allez allez etc.
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 18:49 - Jul 31 with 7387 viewsMattinLondon

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 18:40 - Jul 31 by blueprint

Any supporters who sing the songs of the oppositions rivals are absolute pathetic and embarrassing to boot. Christ knows what the Milllwall fans thought. Tin pottery of the highest order.

Totally agree with your first point - but I’m guessing Millwall embarrass themselves a lot than Ipswich fans do.
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 19:43 - Jul 31 with 7089 viewsITFC_Forever

Jeez, we have some absolute melts in our support.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 19:44]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 20:32 - Jul 31 with 6869 viewsJ2BLUE

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 18:47 - Jul 31 by PrideOfTheEast

The principle behind them is good but the execution is really not. All unoriginal rubbish - allez allez etc.

I hate that allez song.

Maybe rather than bitching though we need to have a day of coming up with new songs. 99% will be dire but maybe 1-2 will make it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 20:35 - Jul 31 with 6857 viewsBlue_Order

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 18:47 - Jul 31 by PrideOfTheEast

If you’re talking about Blue Action here, we weren’t at the game today, nor are we situated in the corner anymore, so songs that come from up there won’t be coming from us.

I won’t pretend we haven’t sung some cringey songs in our time, but we’ve also constantly tried to introduce new songs to the stands, and you can’t please everyone all of the time. Some take off and are popular, some aren’t. The ones that aren’t usually get retired once we’ve exhausted efforts to try and get them to work. Portman Road wasn’t exactly awash with good songs before we started (which is one of the reasons we started in the first place), and I personally feel that we’ve improved the songbook over the last few years, even if most folk won’t have heard a lot of them because they rarely spread past that section.
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 20:37 - Jul 31 with 6836 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 20:32 - Jul 31 by J2BLUE

I hate that allez song.

Maybe rather than bitching though we need to have a day of coming up with new songs. 99% will be dire but maybe 1-2 will make it.

We're a work in progress
We're a work n progre-esss
OK, so we're not winning
But we're a work in progress

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 20:46 - Jul 31 with 6774 viewschrismakin

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 20:32 - Jul 31 by J2BLUE

I hate that allez song.

I dont know what was wrong with the usual ones that floated around

When the town go marching in
We're all following ipswich.......
I.......PPP.........S......W
What do you think of norwich..........sht......
E I E I O
Gamechangers barmy army.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 20:51]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 21:11 - Jul 31 with 6570 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 20:35 - Jul 31 by Blue_Order

If you’re talking about Blue Action here, we weren’t at the game today, nor are we situated in the corner anymore, so songs that come from up there won’t be coming from us.

I won’t pretend we haven’t sung some cringey songs in our time, but we’ve also constantly tried to introduce new songs to the stands, and you can’t please everyone all of the time. Some take off and are popular, some aren’t. The ones that aren’t usually get retired once we’ve exhausted efforts to try and get them to work. Portman Road wasn’t exactly awash with good songs before we started (which is one of the reasons we started in the first place), and I personally feel that we’ve improved the songbook over the last few years, even if most folk won’t have heard a lot of them because they rarely spread past that section.

Do you agree the Allez stuff is rubbish now? It’s so unoriginal and doesn’t suit.
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 21:21 - Jul 31 with 6492 viewspelles321

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 20:35 - Jul 31 by Blue_Order

Do you support the current Toto song? There’s a lot of us not comfortable with it. However it feels some persist and justify it (including regular posters on this board) because Toto said he didn’t mind it three years ago. I wonder what he’d say now….
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 21:27 - Jul 31 with 6472 viewsTexacoCup

Should have brought out one of the oldies
'We went to Millwall, We beat 'em six one'
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 21:34 - Jul 31 with 6408 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Im a big fan of blue action and what you guys do.

I also appreciate that you guys do try to get chants started and a lot haven't caught on.

I have been saying for a while, one of the problems is that damn drum. If you look at the best atmospheres in the country, they dont use a drum. The drummer just hits at one pace and churns out the same old songs, I really think it is a hindrance.

I think away games are far better for getting chants started, because action six has quite a young age group they dont really get the old classics going.

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 21:40 - Jul 31 with 6342 viewsBryanPlug

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 21:34 - Jul 31 by TRUE_BLUE123

I also appreciate that you guys do try to get chants started and a lot haven't caught on.

I have been saying for a while, one of the problems is that damn drum. If you look at the best atmospheres in the country, they dont use a drum. The drummer just hits at one pace and churns out the same old songs, I really think it is a hindrance.

I think away games are far better for getting chants started, because action six has quite a young age group they dont really get the old classics going.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 21:44 - Jul 31 with 6303 viewsBlueschev

There wasn’t really that bubbles sh**?? Jesus, I hate West Ham more than Norwich, I’m heartbroken.
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 21:49 - Jul 31 with 6253 viewsBlue_Order

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 21:21 - Jul 31 by pelles321

Do you support the current Toto song? There’s a lot of us not comfortable with it. However it feels some persist and justify it (including regular posters on this board) because Toto said he didn’t mind it three years ago. I wonder what he’d say now….

No, never have done. A few of our members joined in with it when it first came about but we had a word and they stopped.

I had a simple little chant to the tune of Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye for Toto which I thought was alright, but it’s not been aired at a game yet.

Nsiala
Nsiala
Hey hey hey
Nsiala
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 22:00 - Jul 31 with 6179 viewsBlue_Order

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 21:34 - Jul 31 by TRUE_BLUE123

Cheers mate.

I personally think having a drum adds to the atmosphere, however the drummer in Section 6 is no longer part of the group, so for the foreseeable, any drumming won’t be coming from BA.
Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 22:05 - Jul 31 with 6113 viewschrismakin

Some of the awful chants I heard coming from S6 today on 22:00 - Jul 31 by Blue_Order

Cheers mate.

I personally think having a drum adds to the atmosphere, however the drummer in Section 6 is no longer part of the group, so for the foreseeable, any drumming won’t be coming from BA.

That other section just reminds me of a group who are interested in the beer and having a laugh with their songs, creating drama and acting like green street supporters. Nothing worse. Anyone that finds Toto's song and singing bizarre other team songs etc just a bit pathetic really.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024