Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not to worry 18:44 - Jul 31 with 834 viewsRobbie12345

First half we more than matched them- if anything we were the better team. Two tap in goals either side of half time, one from a rebound, the other from a low cross across the box. The third from a shot they wouldn't have taken had it not been pre-season or that they were 2-0 up. The 2 quick goals in the second half killed the game off. Apart from Bart, who we all know how good he can be and them being clinical in our box, they were very average.

Will Morcambe on Saturday take 3/4 of their chances, no. Will Morcambe save all of ours. Nope. Nothing to worry about yet. Remember how many clean sheets we had last season with Holy, Chambo RB and Ward/Kenlock. We are light and day away from that. On a side note, Chaplin looks a pain. Like how I imagine Dobra could be in the next 4/5 years.

2-0 Saturday.

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

Not to worry on 18:54 - Jul 31 with 770 viewschrismakin

How did Harper and Evans look together.

Also. Pigott.. are some of the comments about him accurate or did he look a threat.. and Bonne.. better choice than nors?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Not to worry on 19:16 - Jul 31 with 683 viewsRobbie12345

Not to worry on 18:54 - Jul 31 by chrismakin

How did Harper and Evans look together.

Also. Pigott.. are some of the comments about him accurate or did he look a threat.. and Bonne.. better choice than nors?

Harper I like a lot. Was my first time seeing Evans today. He looked a bit off the pace and it just wasn't his day- all his set pieces were terrible, as was Burns' too. However it's hard to judge- still pre-season, against a team a league above and he's just come back from his injury. Both really moved the ball around the pitch nicely. They look a good pair. The midfield isn't really a problem for me, apart from some more depth, we just must be more clinical in both boxes, like Milwall were today.

Pigott looked alright without ever really threatening the goal. I can see him really causing issues in the real season vs weaker opposition. He can hold the ball up and can be quite unpredictable at times. Bonne works hard and gives his all but Imo Norwood is a much bigger goal threat. However, seems like a partnership starting to slowly develop between Pigot and Bonne

Not to worry on 19:21 - Jul 31 with 657 viewsmonty_radio

Don't disagree with your League 1 related comments, but we didn't ever match Millwall. The "tap in" for the first goal came after Harper lost possession near the halfway line and we were cut apart as Millwall quickly exploited our being caught out trying to get forward.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Not to worry on 19:49 - Jul 31 with 578 viewsRobbie12345

Not to worry on 19:21 - Jul 31 by monty_radio

Don't disagree with your League 1 related comments, but we didn't ever match Millwall. The "tap in" for the first goal came after Harper lost possession near the halfway line and we were cut apart as Millwall quickly exploited our being caught out trying to get forward.

Fair enough, so you think they totally out played us? True, we were a little sloppy at times, but great in others too. A weaker side won’t punish us as ruthlessly

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024