Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... 11:26 - Aug 1 with 9030 viewsunstableblue

... but when you are a die hard such as ourselves who post on here, its hard to remember that large sections of the Town fan base have disconnected with visiting Portman Road through years of poor performances and results

Hopefully we can get a run going and a buzz back around the club, and get the lapsed blue back into the seats.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:30 - Aug 1 with 4546 viewsjaykay

i think people with covid concerns , might be waiting to see how things pan out in the coming weeks. then if things look a lot better on that front, you will see people coming back to portman road

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:31 - Aug 1 with 4540 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:38 - Aug 1 with 4465 viewsWeWereZombies

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:30 - Aug 1 by jaykay

i think people with covid concerns , might be waiting to see how things pan out in the coming weeks. then if things look a lot better on that front, you will see people coming back to portman road

I'm hoping to be south later this month and am wondering about the Wimbledon game as my first visit to Portman Road in a while, however an attendance in the region of seventeen to eighteen thousand might actually put me off going. I'm not hoping that we lose our first few games to depress the gates but an opportunity to distance myself from other supporters would be good - not just for myself but more importantly because I don't want to become a carrier and bring the virus back to a more isolated community where I mix with quite a few of the elderly.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:38 - Aug 1 with 4465 viewsFPL_Tractor

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:31 - Aug 1 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

And there’s still a few days for people to decide.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:38 - Aug 1 with 4462 viewschrismakin

Not really. Club has my money but I'm not going whilst the pandemic is still at large.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:39 - Aug 1 with 4462 viewstextbackup

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:30 - Aug 1 by jaykay

i keep reading about covid concerns, which is personal choice... but when do these people expect to ever return to normal? if theyve had the jabs, and wear masks, what more do they need before they'll leave the house.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:43 - Aug 1 with 4410 viewsgtsb1966

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:39 - Aug 1 by textbackup

i keep reading about covid concerns, which is personal choice... but when do these people expect to ever return to normal? if theyve had the jabs, and wear masks, what more do they need before they'll leave the house.

Exactly this. The virus is staying and there is nothing more we can do other than have the jab and cover up. People can't stay away from it forever.
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:44 - Aug 1 with 4389 viewsSitfcB

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:38 - Aug 1 by chrismakin

Not really. Club has my money but I'm not going whilst the pandemic is still at large.

If the pandemic was still ‘at large’ we’d be in some sort of lockdown, no?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:44 - Aug 1 with 4382 viewsBobbychase

I'm seeing a mixed bag. I know lots of people who have either bought a season ticket for the first time in years or are going on Saturday because it's the first time we have all been allowed in the stadium for months.

But I also know people (not many tbh) who are staying away because of Covid at the moment.

The fact the lower SBR is sold out and parts of the Pioneer are close to selling out suggests to me it will be 20k ish. There's a week to go and probably still some signings to come.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:45 - Aug 1 with 4377 viewsWeWereZombies

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:43 - Aug 1 by gtsb1966

Exactly this. The virus is staying and there is nothing more we can do other than have the jab and cover up. People can't stay away from it forever.

'have the jab and cover up' and socially distance too please. Some people don't leave their homes because others are fecking useless at social distancing.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:46 - Aug 1 with 4367 viewstextbackup

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:43 - Aug 1 by gtsb1966

i was away at a caravan park this week just gone, id say 5% of the people there were still wearing masks.

if thats across the country, i cant believe more then 50/100 town fans will be staying away because of covid reasons, so doesnt massively impact the overall attendance

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:46 - Aug 1 with 4368 viewsshefki86

Would be great to have a full house of course but I’ll be there and it’ll be young Shefki’s first game so I’m absolutely buzzing regardless how many show

COYB!!!!

Poll: How do we all see it after today?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:47 - Aug 1 with 4333 viewschrismakin

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:44 - Aug 1 by SitfcB

Youd have thought so but the government are dks.

Anyway. Personal choice.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:47 - Aug 1 with 4332 viewsWD19

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:44 - Aug 1 by SitfcB

Is this some kind of retro post harking back to the days when you were a young simpleton?
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:48 - Aug 1 with 4323 viewsSitfcB

Even without Covid I doubt it would be much passed 20k if that!

Our ‘casual fan’ types have been notoriously bad at attending for years.

COYB

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:49 - Aug 1 with 4312 viewschrismakin

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:39 - Aug 1 by textbackup

As I've seen on buses to work. Some people are selfish and happily sit without a mask. Me wearing one protects others however. I dont like taking the bus but no choice but I do have a choice on mixing with thousands of people at a football match.

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:50 - Aug 1 with 4287 viewsSitfcB

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:49 - Aug 1 by chrismakin

As I've seen on buses to work. Some people are selfish and happily sit without a mask. Me wearing one protects others however. I dont like taking the bus but no choice but I do have a choice on mixing with thousands of people at a football match.

Yes but you can choose to get into the ground early and avoid the crowds, sit in SAR Upper where it’s usually sparse, not having a go just saying there’s ways round it.

COYB

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:50 - Aug 1 with 4286 viewstextbackup

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:49 - Aug 1 by chrismakin

fair enough, personal choice isnt it.

but nothing will change in terms of masks wearing unless it becomes the law, so you might find you wont be going to PR ever again.

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:51 - Aug 1 with 4276 viewsSitfcB

For reference our first game of the season under Paul Hurst, the other new era and all that, the attendance was:

I know this new era is a lot, lot different but still....
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 11:52]

COYB

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:53 - Aug 1 with 4250 viewsgtsb1966

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:45 - Aug 1 by WeWereZombies

'have the jab and cover up' and socially distance too please. Some people don't leave their homes because others are fecking useless at social distancing.

Yeah I get that 100,%. The problem for everyone is that the virus isn't going away so do we carry on living in a bubble forever or not. I will still cover up, hand sanitise and distance for a while yet as I'm actually on my last day of isolation as I've had covid and it's not nice. I actually think that people will/are becoming apathetic with covid now and in a few months time there will be very few with masks, social distancing etc.
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:54 - Aug 1 with 4218 viewsSitfcB

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:47 - Aug 1 by WD19

Is this some kind of retro post harking back to the days when you were a young simpleton?

Some would argue I’m now more of a mature simpleton.

COYB

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:54 - Aug 1 with 4216 viewsWD19

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:46 - Aug 1 by textbackup

i was away at a caravan park this week just gone, id say 5% of the people there were still wearing masks.

if thats across the country, i cant believe more then 50/100 town fans will be staying away because of covid reasons, so doesnt massively impact the overall attendance

I think you can probably stick a 0 on those figures. Not ‘die hard’ fans, but reasonable regulars who are currently judging that it is just not a risk worth taking right now. All things being equal I would be doing Morecambe, Cheltenham and MK Dons….but right now I am lukewarm and will probably only make one out of the three.
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:56 - Aug 1 with 4183 viewschrismakin

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:50 - Aug 1 by textbackup

fair enough, personal choice isnt it.

but nothing will change in terms of masks wearing unless it becomes the law, so you might find you wont be going to PR ever again.

I'll be a it happier when the booster is available and they've had chance to work on the Pfizer upgraded vaccine

But it is indeed a choice and I wont begrudge anyone going of course and hope they enjoy it.

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:59 - Aug 1 with 4145 viewsgtsb1966

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:56 - Aug 1 by chrismakin

I'll be a it happier when the booster is available and they've had chance to work on the Pfizer upgraded vaccine

But it is indeed a choice and I wont begrudge anyone going of course and hope they enjoy it.

But the vaccine doesn't stop you catching covid.
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:01 - Aug 1 with 4127 viewsWallingford_Boy

For Morecambe game?

20k + I’d imagine, considering we have 14k season ticket holders.

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024