Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. 16:34 - Aug 4 with 4022 viewsSwailsey

about going Saturday?

I don’t want this to turn into a COVID worrier/COVID denier thread. Just curious. I want so desperately to go and see the dawn of the new era, but find it all a bit much.

Would be good to know I’m not alone!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 16:35 - Aug 4 with 2809 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Lots of people still nervous, and are right to be coming back with a hint of caution.
You certainly aren't alone.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 16:39 - Aug 4 with 2763 viewsjayessess

I can't make Saturday anyway, but I'm going back and forth on the MK Dons game on the 21st, particularly whether I can justify sitting on an enclosed train from London for an hour each way.

I'm going to EFL Cup game at Brisbane Road next week to see how I feel first.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 16:43 - Aug 4 with 2718 viewsborge

I got COVID at the Euros so appreciate your concern, but think it should be safe with a degree of caution.

I would avoid hanging around in any indoor areas, try (as far as possible) to avoid queues and just be careful not to hang around idiots! I think the chances of catching it when in your seat are very low. Wembley was mental and jam packed full of idiots and I'd expect PR to be a different proposition.

I do think some stands will be safer then others though....
Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 16:44 - Aug 4 with 2712 viewsbluelagos

The key thing is to make sure you are properly masked up when you are in enclosed areas (like the toilets) and not to hang around on entry/departure if it can be helped.

Not many were wearing masks when sat down on Saturday, so again if you are anxious make sure you are properly covered up when sat down. That said it is an open stand and all the advice is that ventilation and outdoor areas massively reduce the risks of transmission.

I'd avoid the pub/bus too if worried.

All about minimising the risks in a sensible way, but the bottom line is no one can say there won't be any risks. Your call, your health, your decision and no one can make it except you.

(anyone judging you is a knob, we all have our own attitudes to risk)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 16:46 - Aug 4 with 2679 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 16:43 - Aug 4 by borge

I got COVID at the Euros so appreciate your concern, but think it should be safe with a degree of caution.

I would avoid hanging around in any indoor areas, try (as far as possible) to avoid queues and just be careful not to hang around idiots! I think the chances of catching it when in your seat are very low. Wembley was mental and jam packed full of idiots and I'd expect PR to be a different proposition.

I do think some stands will be safer then others though....

yep, i'd say the cobbold is your best bet, always empty there and naturally youd be socially distanced from anyone, especially if you go upper tier at the back. Just get there early and leave a little later after everyone else
Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 16:47 - Aug 4 with 2680 viewsfabian_illness

I’m giving the first 3 or 4 a miss.
Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 16:48 - Aug 4 with 2670 viewsSteve_M

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 16:39 - Aug 4 by jayessess

I can't make Saturday anyway, but I'm going back and forth on the MK Dons game on the 21st, particularly whether I can justify sitting on an enclosed train from London for an hour each way.

At least the new trains have decent air conditioning, I suppose you could delay the journey so you aren't on the 17:09 back but that just makes a longer day.

Having been on a deep level tube a few times now I'm less worried by the train that I would have been, but I didn't much enjoy those tube trips.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 16:51 - Aug 4 with 2643 viewsCrow77

Yes I was doing same thing over and over but then decided I have had 2 jabs and life has to start getting back to normal soon so got a ticket will wear a mask and sanatise hands lots
Login to get fewer ads

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 16:53 - Aug 4 with 2621 viewsjayessess

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 16:48 - Aug 4 by Steve_M

At least the new trains have decent air conditioning, I suppose you could delay the journey so you aren't on the 17:09 back but that just makes a longer day.

Having been on a deep level tube a few times now I'm less worried by the train that I would have been, but I didn't much enjoy those tube trips.

I cycle most places, so luckily I've avoided the tube bar a handful of trips! I'm young and double vaxxed, so I guess my main worry is less my own health and more the moral prospect of inadvertently infecting a bunch of other people just because I was desperate to go to the sodding football...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 16:55 - Aug 4 with 2594 viewsCuffy81

Absolutely - the consequences of me getting COVID right now for me and my wife are substantial

However I've been looking forward to Saturday for months, haven't seen some of my friends since Feb 2020 - i'm planning on going but being as sensible as possible, i.e. pub outside, not doing downstairs at HT etc.
Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 17:00 - Aug 4 with 2557 viewsSteve_M

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 16:53 - Aug 4 by jayessess

I cycle most places, so luckily I've avoided the tube bar a handful of trips! I'm young and double vaxxed, so I guess my main worry is less my own health and more the moral prospect of inadvertently infecting a bunch of other people just because I was desperate to go to the sodding football...

Ah, ok. I guess at some point each of us needs to reach the right point to make that judgement and it will be different for each of us. If rates continue to fall does that make it easier to make that choice?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 17:07 - Aug 4 with 2504 viewsFreddies_Ears

Many people are understandably nervous. I avoided Covid despite doing a few Euros games, but many people I know got sick, incl one double-vaxed. If you're really concerned, make sure you move to an emptier bit of the stadium (assuming you're not SBR lower!!!) - Any cornerish bit will be very quiet.

I'm doing a couple of Proms at the Royal Albert Hall - they're normally 90%+ full, even on a midweek evening, but last night was barely a third full. Stewards said ticket sales are very, very poor. It was clear that younger people are quite nervous too - I'd say most people last night were aged 40-60, so "active, healthy, double-vaxed". (Normally there would be a fair proportion of under 40s as well as over 60s - virtually none in either category this time).
Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 17:11 - Aug 4 with 2482 viewsSwailsey

Thanks all.

Am SBRL….

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 17:13 - Aug 4 with 2464 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm not going for that reason.

I would have bought a stream but understand completely why there isn't one.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 17:34 - Aug 4 with 2375 viewsFtnfwest

Can't wait tbh
Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 17:41 - Aug 4 with 2324 viewsLevelTheLand

Think I'll be giving it a miss, as got something more important to do the following weekend, wouldn't want to risk catching anything and having to isolate. Decision made slightly more difficult as unable to make the following 2 games, meaning I won't actually get to Portman Road until September 11th.
Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 17:43 - Aug 4 with 2310 viewsgtsb1966

I've had covid and got the all clear Sunday. Doesn't that make me immune for a while or something?
Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 17:49 - Aug 4 with 2284 viewsDebsyAngel

You are not alone - I am bricking it! I want to see the match and people I have missed for over a year. My husband is coming to this one for moral support, but after that I will have to do it alone. I too am in the SBRL.

It's a big jump for me, when only last Saturday the most people I have been in one sitting with is 4 members of my close family, and that was outside in the garden. Quite an unsettling thought with 18,000+ there Saturday.... but I will try my best, I need to face my fears otherwise will become a total hermit!

Best of luck Swailsey, and anyone else feeling like this.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 17:52]
Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 17:50 - Aug 4 with 2272 viewsDinDjarin

Not for 1 second.
Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 17:58 - Aug 4 with 2228 viewsSamWhiteUK

Good luck and health to you, whatever you decide.

I've had one jab and will be going. West Stand upper, with my dad who has been double jabbed. Really looking forward to going.

However, we will be taking some precautions. While he's had both doses, he always seems to get unlucky with his health so I want to look out for him as best I can. We always look to move to seats that aren't right next to others even pre-Covid, so will likely be doing the same. While I'd like PR to be packed to the rafters, it pains me to say that it's probably best if it isn't yet.

On the subject of ticket sales, my dad's company is advertising at PR this year, and the lady he was talking to informed him that the sales are currently around 20,500, as of this morning. Just thought I'd share.
Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 18:08 - Aug 4 with 2173 viewsitfcjoe

To be brutally honest - not at all, I’m desperate to get back.

I’m shortly about to head off to Chelmsford for my 9th pre season friendly watching ITFC at one level or another, Saturday a different ball game but can’t say I’m worried or bothered at all

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 18:20 - Aug 4 with 2073 viewsKeaneish

God no. Life starts again Saturday as far as I’m concerned.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 18:28 - Aug 4 with 2031 viewsjas0999

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 16:39 - Aug 4 by jayessess

I’m with you on the train scenario. Luckily I travel to matches via car. I won’t be returning to public transport for some time.

Regarding the match, being primarily outside I’m feeling fairly comfortable, but will be exercising caution when in indoor areas. I’ll be avoiding the bars etc and wearing a mask when inside.
Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 18:31 - Aug 4 with 2031 viewstextbackup

feel for those of you that are in this same boat, gutted for you that cant get back (carefree) to doing what you love without worry.

personally I wont be giving Cv19 a second thought, once im in, and covid pass shown etc I wont be worried in the slightest. will stick a mask on from turnstile to my seat, then take it off, putting back on to go for a piss etc.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 18:34]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 18:36 - Aug 4 with 2001 viewsEly_Blue

Anybody else constantly going back and forth.. on 16:47 - Aug 4 by fabian_illness

I’m giving the first 3 or 4 a miss.

Because the virus has decided it’s only going to turn up for the first month of the season? Is the virus managed by Lambert?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024