Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please. Get. Jabbed. 17:45 - Aug 4 with 3423 viewsCotty

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/04/fit-and-healthy-man-42-from-southp
Please. Get. Jabbed. on 20:43 - Aug 4 with 3163 viewsBlueBadger

A-fooking-men. Our current 'sick' demographic is the under-50's.

I've been referred more covid positive people in the past fortnight than I have in the preceding two months.

Numbers aren't particularly substantial, but they've been creeping.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 21:11]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 22:54 - Aug 4 with 2973 viewsGogs

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 20:43 - Aug 4 by BlueBadger

A-fooking-men. Our current 'sick' demographic is the under-50's.

I've been referred more covid positive people in the past fortnight than I have in the preceding two months.

Numbers aren't particularly substantial, but they've been creeping.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 21:11]

Yep, work colleague of mine, mid-30s has just had a spell in intensive care. Out now, thankfully, but still nowhere near fully recovered. He may have had one dose of vaccine but doubt very much he'd have had both when he got it. I have no reason to suggest he was in anyway anti-vaccine, but just trying to illustrate that until fully vaccinated the risks are still very real.

Much as 'flu can be savage - and it was pretty savage for me when I got it when I was about 19 - Covid has the capability to be much worse. I've heard several people say Covid is just 'flu and I from experience some people still appear to confuse 'flu with a heavy cold, so it maybe suggests there are a fair few people out there thinking Covid = 'flu = cold. It clearly doesn't
Please. Get. Jabbed. on 07:51 - Aug 5 with 2792 viewsSteve_M

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 22:54 - Aug 4 by Gogs

Yep, work colleague of mine, mid-30s has just had a spell in intensive care. Out now, thankfully, but still nowhere near fully recovered. He may have had one dose of vaccine but doubt very much he'd have had both when he got it. I have no reason to suggest he was in anyway anti-vaccine, but just trying to illustrate that until fully vaccinated the risks are still very real.

Much as 'flu can be savage - and it was pretty savage for me when I got it when I was about 19 - Covid has the capability to be much worse. I've heard several people say Covid is just 'flu and I from experience some people still appear to confuse 'flu with a heavy cold, so it maybe suggests there are a fair few people out there thinking Covid = 'flu = cold. It clearly doesn't

Not untypical by the looks of it, 20% of those in hospital are 18-34:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58095503

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 07:52 - Aug 5 with 2787 viewsRadioOrwell

I was with a family yesterday. They got covid last Xmas. The 14 year old daughter has long covid - can't smell or taste anything. Not fatal by a long way but who knows if those senses will come back.
Please. Get. Jabbed. on 18:34 - Aug 5 with 2550 viewsbluelagos

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/19494330.covid-bournemouth-solicitor-dies

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 18:38 - Aug 5 with 2534 viewsghostofescobar

Was speaking to a work associate a couple of weeks back. He's Indian and went to visit his family just prior to the most recent outbreak over there, early March. He caught it, has long Covid and is still suffering. Was fit (mid 40's), now building up his walking to around 30 to 45 mins per session: which leaves him completely knackered - that's just walking.

GhostOfEscobar

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 18:48 - Aug 5 with 2511 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 07:52 - Aug 5 by RadioOrwell

I was with a family yesterday. They got covid last Xmas. The 14 year old daughter has long covid - can't smell or taste anything. Not fatal by a long way but who knows if those senses will come back.

I knew of a friend had similar and it did return after time. Not pleasant though, at all.

I hope this young lady also recovers.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 07:45 - Aug 9 with 2310 viewsbluelagos

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/08/rightwing-radio-host-dick-farrel

Login to get fewer ads

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 08:28 - Aug 9 with 2170 viewsIPS_wich

The Managing Director of the firm I work for was in the UK on business in March 2020 (we have a small London office). He was there with his wife who is one of the Melbourne office leaders.

She contracted Covid in London and tested positive whilst in quarantine back in Melbourne. This was with the original Wuhan strain and at the time the numbers in the UK were only just starting to grow (around the time Italy was descending into chaos). There were very few cases in Australia at the time.

She is 51 years old and used to cycle around 300-400km a week. Whilst she never got so sick that she had to go to hospital, she had what she has since described as the worst flu of her life and was symptomatic for about 2 weeks.

However, since then, she hasn't been able to do a days work. For months about five days out of seven she was so exhausted she could barely get out of bed. She started to improve after about nine months to the point that she could walk down to the local shops and back, but three months ago she relapsed and has spent over 50% of the days since in bed.

This can happen to anyone, it can impact the fittest and now it's impacting under-40s. If you can't accept this, then by all means keep your head in the sand, but for god sakes, get the jab so you reduce the risk of passing it on.
Please. Get. Jabbed. on 09:32 - Aug 9 with 2028 viewsElderGrizzly

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 07:45 - Aug 9 by bluelagos

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/08/rightwing-radio-host-dick-farrel

We're sadly going to see more of this as the months go on, particularly in the USA with Delta now ripping through the unvaccinated.

The sad thing in the US is the GOP are pushing all these 'conspiracies' while being double jabbed themselves.

Rand Paul was the latest yesterday
Please. Get. Jabbed. on 09:36 - Aug 9 with 2016 viewsSwansea_Blue

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 07:45 - Aug 9 by bluelagos

Hard to feel sympathy. I’ve every sympathy for people who get sucked into the lies of people like this, but those spreading the disinformation shouldn’t have a platform. Maybe I need to work on my empathy, but the way I see it his death potentially prevents much more suffering.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 09:37 - Aug 9 with 2011 viewswitchdoctor

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 09:32 - Aug 9 by ElderGrizzly

We're sadly going to see more of this as the months go on, particularly in the USA with Delta now ripping through the unvaccinated.

The sad thing in the US is the GOP are pushing all these 'conspiracies' while being double jabbed themselves.

Rand Paul was the latest yesterday

GOP?
Please. Get. Jabbed. on 09:40 - Aug 9 with 1992 viewsbluelagos

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 09:37 - Aug 9 by witchdoctor

GOP?

Grand old party = Republican party.

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 09:44 - Aug 9 with 1965 viewsbluelagos

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 09:36 - Aug 9 by Swansea_Blue

Hard to feel sympathy. I’ve every sympathy for people who get sucked into the lies of people like this, but those spreading the disinformation shouldn’t have a platform. Maybe I need to work on my empathy, but the way I see it his death potentially prevents much more suffering.

I can't see it as good when an anti-vaccer dies due to their ignorance. It is a failure of society to educate people when younger, in public messaging and indeed in challenging their false narratives.

Some will say "good" or "serves him right" but I think that is a cop out ref society's failings as described.

Same thought process with the vaccine hesitant for me.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 9:51]

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 09:47 - Aug 9 with 1955 viewswitchdoctor

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 09:40 - Aug 9 by bluelagos

👍
Please. Get. Jabbed. on 10:12 - Aug 9 with 1905 viewsElderGrizzly

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 09:40 - Aug 9 by bluelagos

And in particular the Trump 'wing' of it
Please. Get. Jabbed. on 10:14 - Aug 9 with 1897 viewsSwansea_Blue

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 09:44 - Aug 9 by bluelagos

I can't see it as good when an anti-vaccer dies due to their ignorance. It is a failure of society to educate people when younger, in public messaging and indeed in challenging their false narratives.

Some will say "good" or "serves him right" but I think that is a cop out ref society's failings as described.

Same thought process with the vaccine hesitant for me.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 9:51]

That’s a fair view. I’m probably still at the ‘good’ stage, but you’re quite right that we should be better and that approach doesn’t solve anything.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 10:19 - Aug 9 with 1878 viewsbluelagos

Please. Get. Jabbed. on 10:14 - Aug 9 by Swansea_Blue

That’s a fair view. I’m probably still at the ‘good’ stage, but you’re quite right that we should be better and that approach doesn’t solve anything.

I knew you were a goodun Swanners :-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024