Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No incomings before Saturday? 08:45 - Aug 5 with 3481 viewschenners17

Very surprised that we are closing in on the first league game and we haven’t brought anyone in this week.
Especially after the millwall friendly, I thought cook and ashton would have prioritised a signing or two based on performances.

I suppose news could be revealed in the next day…
No incomings before Saturday? on 08:46 - Aug 5 with 3481 viewsitfcjoe

Would be surprised if there isn't a signing today or tomorrow, but whoever it is I doubt will be ready to start anyway

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

No incomings before Saturday? on 08:56 - Aug 5 with 3366 viewsRobTheMonk

No incomings before Saturday? on 08:46 - Aug 5 by itfcjoe

Would be surprised if there isn't a signing today or tomorrow, but whoever it is I doubt will be ready to start anyway

You mean gone are the days of signing Piotr Malarczyk type players and shoving them straight in? Madness, Joe, Madness.
No incomings before Saturday? on 09:02 - Aug 5 with 3314 viewsabracaDOBRA_

You heard some whispers Joe? CB surely?
No incomings before Saturday? on 09:02 - Aug 5 with 3311 viewstractorboy1978

Will be interesting to see how the rest of this window develops. Ashton said in his interview yesterday he doesn't like doing late deals but I do wonder if there will be an element of 'keeping our powder dry'. With the volume of free transfers and the market being delayed by the Euros, there is going to be a few players available late on in this window that you'd not expect to be in L1 I imagine.
No incomings before Saturday? on 10:07 - Aug 5 with 3101 viewsWickets

No incomings before Saturday? on 09:02 - Aug 5 by tractorboy1978

Will be interesting to see how the rest of this window develops. Ashton said in his interview yesterday he doesn't like doing late deals but I do wonder if there will be an element of 'keeping our powder dry'. With the volume of free transfers and the market being delayed by the Euros, there is going to be a few players available late on in this window that you'd not expect to be in L1 I imagine.

This could well be a good shout Bud as i seem to remember the quality over quantity quote from Ashton .
No incomings before Saturday? on 13:11 - Aug 5 with 2845 viewsitfcjoe

No incomings before Saturday? on 09:02 - Aug 5 by abracaDOBRA_

You heard some whispers Joe? CB surely?

I think the Coulson deal is done, but just waiting on Boro to sign it off so assume that is most likely

My Dad chatted to Cook at the golf club last night and he said wants 4 more and that the left back from Middlesborough is done

No incomings before Saturday? on 13:15 - Aug 5 with 2808 viewschenners17

No incomings before Saturday? on 13:11 - Aug 5 by itfcjoe

I think the Coulson deal is done, but just waiting on Boro to sign it off so assume that is most likely

My Dad chatted to Cook at the golf club last night and he said wants 4 more and that the left back from Middlesborough is done

But Boro haven't signed a replacement so surely that isn't the case?

Unless Boro are closing in on someone which hasn't been put into the media.
No incomings before Saturday? on 13:16 - Aug 5 with 2800 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Assume waiting on Boro to get bodies in for that one

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

No incomings before Saturday? on 13:21 - Aug 5 with 2745 viewsPrice_1991

As Ashton said in his interview that was released by the club yesterday there are a few massive prem signings that could have an impact on the rest of the transfer window for lower clubs. If Grelish and Kane both go to City for £100m+ that is going to have a knock on effect for the rest of the football pyramid difference when clubs are talking money like that is its going to take longer to get done because of the fees involved and not be rushed through like a £10k signing or whatever.

Both Cook and Ashton have said there will be more signings to come so lets just wait and see what they are, we are in a good position and have a favourable opening few games for the team as it is to start to gel and then more players will come through the door over the next couple of weeks I'm sure of it.
No incomings before Saturday? on 13:26 - Aug 5 with 2699 viewsOsborneOneNil

Patience, lads.

I think we have excellent quality in place, and whilst we do need 4/5 more we should be good for Saturday.
No incomings before Saturday? on 13:30 - Aug 5 with 2656 viewsitfcjoe

No incomings before Saturday? on 13:15 - Aug 5 by chenners17

But Boro haven't signed a replacement so surely that isn't the case?

Unless Boro are closing in on someone which hasn't been put into the media.

Think it is more that the deal will happen, just waiting on Boro - not that Boro are close - it may drag on another 2 weeks

Boro are just about to..... on 13:41 - Aug 5 with 2570 viewsBloots

...appoint Norwich's Head of Recruitment as their Sporting Director.

Not sure how this will effect their recruitment process, if at all, but it seems strangely late in the day to be making that type of appointment.

His arrival is imminent, so maybe that will speed things up.

Plus, hopefully it will weaken the budgie backroom/admin team.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

No incomings before Saturday? on 13:46 - Aug 5 with 2513 viewsWallingford_Boy

I'd hope anyone we sign would have been doing pre-season and involved in friendlies, so should be good to go.

RIP Sir Bobby

No incomings before Saturday? on 15:55 - Aug 5 with 2255 viewsericclacton

The central pairing we have at the moment will leak goals all day long.

Boro are just about to..... on 15:58 - Aug 5 with 2222 viewsKieran_Knows

Boro are just about to..... on 13:41 - Aug 5 by Bloots

...appoint Norwich's Head of Recruitment as their Sporting Director.

Not sure how this will effect their recruitment process, if at all, but it seems strangely late in the day to be making that type of appointment.

His arrival is imminent, so maybe that will speed things up.

Plus, hopefully it will weaken the budgie backroom/admin team.

Think I read that he wouldn't officially start his job at Boro until the transfer window is closed.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

No incomings before Saturday? on 16:02 - Aug 5 with 2182 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Nice one, will be good to get that one done
No incomings before Saturday? on 16:10 - Aug 5 with 2116 viewsSparky85

2 possible by tomorrow. Not ITK, just rumour from inside the club

Looks like 2 prem loans
No incomings before Saturday? on 16:21 - Aug 5 with 2015 viewschenners17

No incomings before Saturday? on 16:10 - Aug 5 by Sparky85

2 possible by tomorrow. Not ITK, just rumour from inside the club

Looks like 2 prem loans

Would take that if it is the right quality....

For example - Lincoln had Morgan Rogers on loan and he was great for them....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024