Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. 13:12 - Aug 5 with 4550 viewsMattinLondon

Have any random things happened to you that has made you feel old?

1. Today, a woman at work (early twenties) handed me a landline phone as she didn’t know what the ‘funny noise’ was - it was an engaged tone - apparently she’s hardly ever used a landline before.

2. I overheard two lads talking about their favourite music back in the old days and realised that they were talking about 90s britpop.

Peace and love.
Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 13:13 - Aug 5 with 3429 viewstractordownsouth

Seeing Town players that are younger than me.

Although as a 21 year old replying to this thread, I’m probably making other people feel even older ;)
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 13:14]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 13:17 - Aug 5 with 3392 viewsBasuco

At Silverstone for the F1 GP a young lady drove past me in a bomb disposal van, she looked late teens or early 20's, made me feel very old.
Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 13:19 - Aug 5 with 3372 viewsMattinLondon

Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 13:13 - Aug 5 by tractordownsouth

Seeing Town players that are younger than me.

Although as a 21 year old replying to this thread, I’m probably making other people feel even older ;)
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 13:14]

Wait until the sons of former players play for the club as well - now that’s old.
Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 13:20 - Aug 5 with 3375 viewsPhilTWTD

I was playing football and I asked a teenager who was walking around the pitch what the time was. He said, 'Sorry, I haven't got a phone'.

I also once compared a goal one of the lads I play football with with Rivelino. I had to explain who Rivelino was.
Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 13:21 - Aug 5 with 3336 viewsButterbing

Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 13:20 - Aug 5 by PhilTWTD

I was playing football and I asked a teenager who was walking around the pitch what the time was. He said, 'Sorry, I haven't got a phone'.

I also once compared a goal one of the lads I play football with with Rivelino. I had to explain who Rivelino was.

Who?
Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 13:31 - Aug 5 with 3261 viewsKeno

I saw a police officier I thought was rather attractive

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 13:31 - Aug 5 with 3263 viewsGiant_Midget

A teenager told me they liked "old school indie music, like The Arctic Monkeys or The Strokes".
Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 13:34 - Aug 5 with 3246 viewsnoggin

Having work colleagues who were born in the 2000s. I was working nights for the millenium celebrations and they weren't even born.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 13:38 - Aug 5 with 3225 viewsJ2BLUE

Getting more excited by practical stuff like a whiteboard for my home office than about genuinely exciting things.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 13:39 - Aug 5 with 3210 viewshomer_123

Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 13:31 - Aug 5 by Keno

For you Keno, that is nothing to do with age.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 13:42 - Aug 5 with 3188 viewsKeno

Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 13:39 - Aug 5 by homer_123

For you Keno, that is nothing to do with age.

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 13:42 - Aug 5 with 3185 viewsKropotkin123

Investing in decent appliances. Really looking forward to getting an industry leading rice cooker, for example.

Also, accepting others know more about certain subjects / not feeling the need to get the last word on everything.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 13:45]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 13:50 - Aug 5 with 3135 viewsericclacton

Well i'm still in bed i am very cold, i can't move and there is a man at the bottom of my bed wearing a weird suit and a top hat.

Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 13:52 - Aug 5 with 3119 viewsSwansea_Blue

Re-starting running and realising it's a lot harder than it used to be (I think the world must be more up than it was).

Digging out an old suit after a few years and realising the waistband has shrunk.

Realising I'm boring the kids in exactly the same way my parents used to bore me.

Being laughed at by my kids for dad dancing that was perfectly acceptable in the 80s and early 90s.

Thinking about whether the gutters need to be cleaned out.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

[Redacted] on 13:52 - Aug 5 with 3121 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 14:59 - Aug 5 with 2922 viewsSarge

I used to like to wind up the people at work by pretending to not know what a fax machine was. I’ve never used one or seen them in action but I did enjoy triggering the ‘kids today...’ rant
Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 15:05 - Aug 5 with 2899 viewsGeoffSentence

My 26 year old daughter telling me about a night out and telling me she preferred Revs to Unig because Unit is for youngsters.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 15:08 - Aug 5 with 2877 viewsGeoffSentence

[Redacted] on 13:52 - Aug 5 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Cripes just last night I was thinking about Reg and Ali the cab driver

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 15:30 - Aug 5 with 2817 viewsRobTheMonk

- Day drinking rather than nights out so I can get a goods night sleep.
- Playing football against people who are literally half my age.
- A love of anything that anything Michael Portillo or Kate Humble present.
Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 15:46 - Aug 5 with 2760 viewsDebsyAngel

Apart from the aches, pains and wretched grey hairs, it has to be how much I despise today's chart music/musicians. They all sound the same - autotuned, just makes my ears bleed. Used to be able to tell who was singing just by listening to them, as such distinctive voices - not any more!!

There are some decent new bands around, my husband listens to Radio X, so it's not ALL music.

Also the crap "entertainment" shows and Celebrity this that and the other - makes me yearn for the good old Generation Game and TV personalities of the 70s and 80s.
Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 15:57 - Aug 5 with 2712 viewsOldsmoker

Hearing someone on Pointless say "It's before my time" and knowing it wasn't for me.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 16:29 - Aug 5 with 2648 viewssolemio

Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 13:31 - Aug 5 by Keno

I'll etait francais?
Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 17:02 - Aug 5 with 2577 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Tutting at things that my folks tutted about.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 17:17 - Aug 5 with 2508 viewsEddyJ

The kid from Home Alone is 40.
Signs you’re getting old without even knowing. on 17:18 - Aug 5 with 2507 viewsblue62

Remembering when These Were (really) The Days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024