Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away Days at Portman Road 15:15 - Aug 5 with 1550 viewsTIB

Afternoon TWTD’ers,

I hope we’re all well. I just wanted to drop a message on here as I know the question has been asked a lot regarding Away Days featuring inside the grounds of Portman Road. I spoke to the club this week who put me in contact with Greene King and unfortunately there is no scope for me to feature on site.

Pretty gutted as I had a little bit of hope we might be able to work something out but it’s not to be. I am going to continue to look at other options with my next focus being to find a space to run a pop-up bar or run a tap takeover style event at a pub / bar. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, fingers crossed such an event can happen in the not so distance future.

Cheers,

Josh aka TIB

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Away Days at Portman Road on 15:20 - Aug 5 with 1486 viewsSteve_M

Understandable why Greene King wouldn't want any involvement as you might show up their piss poor beer.

Guess that means the club might be able to revisit in future whenever that contract changes though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Away Days at Portman Road on 15:23 - Aug 5 with 1459 viewsWallingford_Boy

Just sell it on the street outside the back of SBR on match days, you'll make a fortune!

Yes ok, maybe a slight issue getting a licence though..

RIP Sir Bobby

Away Days at Portman Road on 15:25 - Aug 5 with 1441 viewsGogs

No surprise there from Greene King (aka Greedy Ker-ching). Arcade tavern might well be up for a tap takeover, they’ve done similar before. Other real ale-friendly pubs nearby worth asking would be Thomas Wolsey, St Jude’s, Swan possibly. Not sure on the likelihood of any of them but worth enquiring I’d have thought
Away Days at Portman Road on 15:32 - Aug 5 with 1384 viewsEdwardStone

Sorry to hear that the mega giant brewery feels threatened by a tiny rival.....must be their insecurity showing

On a different note, I had some of your beers for the first time weekend past.

I thought they were excellent, well balanced and very pleasant drinking....a cut above the more fiercely-hopped offerings of some other breweries

Hopefully club will see sense and allow you a small corner of fanzone or maybe a tap in Beatties
Away Days at Portman Road on 15:34 - Aug 5 with 1374 viewsEdwardStone

Away Days at Portman Road on 15:32 - Aug 5 by EdwardStone

Sorry to hear that the mega giant brewery feels threatened by a tiny rival.....must be their insecurity showing

I thought they were excellent, well balanced and very pleasant drinking....a cut above the more fiercely-hopped offerings of some other breweries

Hopefully club will see sense and allow you a small corner of fanzone or maybe a tap in Beatties

In fact, following on from that....who might be the best person at the Club to write to, maybe put a bit of fan pressure on to allow TIB to showcase his excellent beer
Away Days at Portman Road on 15:36 - Aug 5 with 1358 viewswkj

Maybe something like this would work eventually, a beer mobile.

Obviously, money isn't infinite for anyone - but I think it would be a first for Suffolk. Also a possible side hustle to be booked for events etc.

https://www.beerbuz.co.uk/mobile-bar-hire/

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Away Days at Portman Road on 15:45 - Aug 5 with 1304 viewsReuser_is_God

Hopsters do tap takeovers.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Away Days at Portman Road on 15:51 - Aug 5 with 1271 viewsTIB

Away Days at Portman Road on 15:32 - Aug 5 by EdwardStone

Cheers Edward, appreciate the feedback. The lineup definitely has a good balance now of styles, particularly when it comes to catering for fans of both good easy drinking beer and craftier, bigger flavoured tipples.

I did have an event lined up at the Town Hall just before the first lockdown arrived so I’m revisiting that as a potential spot, would love to be able to use an empty shop space though for a home game once or twice a month.

Login to get fewer ads

Away Days at Portman Road on 15:57 - Aug 5 with 1233 viewsTIB

Away Days at Portman Road on 15:36 - Aug 5 by wkj

Maybe something like this would work eventually, a beer mobile.

Obviously, money isn't infinite for anyone - but I think it would be a first for Suffolk. Also a possible side hustle to be booked for events etc.

https://www.beerbuz.co.uk/mobile-bar-hire/

So I have the bright yellow beer wagon…plan in time when finances allow, to turn it into a pint on wheels. Do have a fancy a Away Days gazebo and bar to go with it so can offer a decent outside bar setup…issue comes with licensing and health and safety.

Away Days at Portman Road on 18:22 - Aug 5 with 1009 viewsfactual_blue

Away Days at Portman Road on 15:57 - Aug 5 by TIB

So I have the bright yellow beer wagon…plan in time when finances allow, to turn it into a pint on wheels. Do have a fancy a Away Days gazebo and bar to go with it so can offer a decent outside bar setup…issue comes with licensing and health and safety.

Surely that needs to be called Ed Beervan?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Away Days at Portman Road on 18:55 - Aug 5 with 968 viewsTIB

Away Days at Portman Road on 18:22 - Aug 5 by factual_blue

Surely that needs to be called Ed Beervan?

Ha!!! A great shout!!! I dropped some beer to the gates for him for his TikTok show…still no idea if he got it!?!

Away Days at Portman Road on 19:25 - Aug 5 with 923 viewsfactual_blue

Away Days at Portman Road on 18:55 - Aug 5 by TIB

Ha!!! A great shout!!! I dropped some beer to the gates for him for his TikTok show…still no idea if he got it!?!

I think he did....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024