Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woolfenden .... dear me ! 16:42 - Aug 7 with 4196 viewsMach_foreignBlue

He's the reason why we need Edmundson or new CB very quickly.
Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 16:57 - Aug 7 with 3456 viewsnshearman1

We just need another CB Mach. You re-build a team from the back. Getting rid of the likes of Chambers is all very well but you need replacements in place, particularly if, in essence, you're bringing in full-backs for their attacking abilities. They've been too slow to get those key people in, and continuing to put Kenlock to the U23s when we're so thin at the back (even thinner with that bench) is just silly. I fully support the new regime, but there have been errors.
Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 16:58 - Aug 7 with 3439 viewsfloridaboy

If Toto is out for a while we need an experienced centre half. Woolfenden just like last season is making far too many mistakes. He needs to stop trying to dribble the ball out of defence and just get rid.

Still there are more positives than negatives. This side are going to score goals once they get used to playing together. 8 new faces were never going to get it right.

They have to get used to sides conning the refs. We for some reason rarely try that tactic. Maybe we should!!
Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:11 - Aug 7 with 3234 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 16:57 - Aug 7 by nshearman1

We just need another CB Mach. You re-build a team from the back. Getting rid of the likes of Chambers is all very well but you need replacements in place, particularly if, in essence, you're bringing in full-backs for their attacking abilities. They've been too slow to get those key people in, and continuing to put Kenlock to the U23s when we're so thin at the back (even thinner with that bench) is just silly. I fully support the new regime, but there have been errors.

Woolfenden our main walking error. Simple. He was poor last season and started another one very badly too.

We can't rely on him.
Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:15 - Aug 7 with 3153 viewsBluefish

I bet you celebrated that one hard. He played well apart from the goal.

Obvious clean sheet for Chambers today, we should have kept him

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:15 - Aug 7 with 3180 viewsmrshallisfit

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:11 - Aug 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Woolfenden our main walking error. Simple. He was poor last season and started another one very badly too.

We can't rely on him.

He needs to look himself in the mirror. When I first saw him I thought he had real potential. Now I see a player travelling in the wrong direction towards Keague 2 or worse. We really were a train wreck of a club up to this spring werent we.
Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:19 - Aug 7 with 3117 viewsSaigonTractor

I can't imagine the reaction if Toto had the game Wolfy had.

I really hope he can kick on, if any manager can do it Cook can.
Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:19 - Aug 7 with 3118 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:15 - Aug 7 by Bluefish

He was poor last season and poor today.

No thanks we don't need perennial failures in our team anymore so Cook thankfully got rid of them.

How is your darling Emyr Huws? We know that he isn't a footballer do we?
Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:33 - Aug 7 with 3020 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That first sentence is a falsehood.

He gave the ball away 739 times in the first half an hour, failed to put a tackle in for the first goal and then did his best Gerrard v Demba Ba impression for the second goal.

I like woolfy but to suggest he was anything but poor today is nonsensical.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:36 - Aug 7 with 2975 viewsJDB23

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:33 - Aug 7 by The_Romford_Blue

He gave the ball away 739 times in the first half an hour, failed to put a tackle in for the first goal and then did his best Gerrard v Demba Ba impression for the second goal.

Yeah terrible display from him all round and as a CB pair with Nsiala they struggled to deal with long balls early on. Let’s hope Edmunson isn’t too far off and we get another CB in sharpish.
Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:37 - Aug 7 with 2963 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Bluefish is the most clueless TWTD member so you're wasting your time Rommy. Utterly clueless about ITFC and football. TWTD's Paul Lambert as it'd been said number of times last year.

Don't take any notice of whatever he says about ITFC.
Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:38 - Aug 7 with 2911 viewsBluefish

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:37 - Aug 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Bluefish is the most clueless TWTD member so you're wasting your time Rommy. Utterly clueless about ITFC and football. TWTD's Paul Lambert as it'd been said number of times last year.

Don't take any notice of whatever he says about ITFC.

Never been wrong and it hurts you so much because of your awful track record

Silly ****

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:41 - Aug 7 with 2888 viewsArnieM

Not wishing to jump on the player’s back from the off, but I suspect Woolfie will end up being the second string CB once we get a more experienced one in to play alongside Edmundson. I said last season , that for Woolfie makes too many unforced errors and is guilty of wayward passes …. The sort that many hammered into Toto last season btw!

Toto has a hamstring injury , so depending upon the grade of tear it could be 4 weeks or 12 out …. Which is probably why he looked so upset when he went off . He knows it’s potentially a long rehab . Good luck Toto , get fit soon .

As for our side today . My take on it is we are most definitely a WIP , and it’ll take 3-4 months for these VERY good players ( individually),to become a “ team”. PLEASE just stay with them . It takes time .
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 21:40]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:44 - Aug 7 with 2854 viewsStewart27

It’s childish trying to wind people up all the time.
Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:46 - Aug 7 with 2831 viewsnshearman1

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:41 - Aug 7 by ArnieM

Not wishing to jump on the player’s back from the off, but I suspect Woolfie will end up being the second string CB once we get a more experienced one in to play alongside Edmundson. I said last season , that for Woolfie makes too many unforced errors and is guilty of wayward passes …. The sort that many hammered into Toto last season btw!

Toto has a hamstring injury , so depending upon the grade of tear it could be 4 weeks or 12 out …. Which is probably why he looked so upset when he went off . He knows it’s potentially a long rehab . Good luck Toto , get fit soon .

As for our side today . My take on it is we are most definitely a WIP , and it’ll take 3-4 months for these VERY good players ( individually),to become a “ team”. PLEASE just stay with them . It takes time .
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 21:40]

Agreed! And welcome to the new season! In the end it’s down to the Management to sort this out pronto. As it stands, for all the comings and goings, we have a scratch defence that needs fixing fast.
Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:47 - Aug 7 with 2815 viewspointofblue

Woolfenden wasn't that bad and the whole back line failed to put a tackle in for the first goal, started off by a dire header from Vincent-Young.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:47 - Aug 7 with 2814 viewsistanblue

Nsiala ain't good enough either.
Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:47 - Aug 7 with 2805 viewsKeaneish

For years it’s been known that Wolfenden is too lackadaisical- I was hoping that would be stamped out in this new era, sadly not.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 18:11 - Aug 7 with 2670 viewsMattinLondon

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:44 - Aug 7 by Stewart27

It’s childish trying to wind people up all the time.

Especially when he isn’t any good at it.
Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 18:18 - Aug 7 with 2610 viewsGlasgowBlue

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 16:57 - Aug 7 by nshearman1

We replaced Chambers with Edmunson.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 18:20 - Aug 7 with 2585 viewspointofblue

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 17:47 - Aug 7 by Keaneish

For years it’s been known that Wolfenden is too lackadaisical- I was hoping that would be stamped out in this new era, sadly not.

I guess Cook must have seen something in him, otherwise he would have been put in the bomb squad and Cook would have told Ashton to treat centre back as a priority?

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 18:21 - Aug 7 with 2568 viewsjas0999

Edmundson and another CB in my opinion.
Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 18:27 - Aug 7 with 2509 viewspointofblue

One last thing - I made the mistake of watching Woolfenden go off the pitch after he fell to his knees at full time. It was horrible to see, head down, shirt over head, very little in way of support from management and team mates. We may have to rely on him for a bit dependent on Edmundson's injury so just hope he can bounce back from it, though clearly many have decided he is nothing more than a busted flush.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 18:43]

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 18:34 - Aug 7 with 2473 viewsnshearman1

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 18:18 - Aug 7 by GlasgowBlue

We replaced Chambers with Edmunson.

Patently we need more than one CB probably two - as someone mentioned Wilson went too. Clearly they’re working on it but my point is it’s a bit bloody late - should have been first on the agenda. I realise negotiations can take time for good people but this was a major priority. At least midfield and track look considerably improved.
Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 18:35 - Aug 7 with 2465 viewspointofblue

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 18:34 - Aug 7 by nshearman1

Patently we need more than one CB probably two - as someone mentioned Wilson went too. Clearly they’re working on it but my point is it’s a bit bloody late - should have been first on the agenda. I realise negotiations can take time for good people but this was a major priority. At least midfield and track look considerably improved.

Did we waste too much time focusing on Bradley rather than looking to bring someone else in?

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 18:39 - Aug 7 with 2434 viewschrismakin

Woolfenden .... dear me ! on 18:35 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

Did we waste too much time focusing on Bradley rather than looking to bring someone else in?

Thing is

We have two standard league 1 Defenders in Toto and Wolfey

if we are to get better, those players have to be available for transfer...... clubs aren't going to let good defenders go unless they don't need them.

The windows been slow, it's starting to move a bit now, so we may find it easier to find that CB which can make a difference,

No point bringing in someone of the same quality of toto and wolfenden.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024